Lady Gaga holds the entire top 3 on Dance Albums chart

Yelero

4 minutes ago, Brando said:

The chart name is Dance/Electronic. Not Electronic. Anything dance should qualify, FN is the most dance album in quite a while. 

I agree but I'm just trying to make sense of their logic. Future Nostalgia is more pop-ish while the chart is more for the kind of music that DJs make, a more electronic type of music. 

8 hours ago, Illuminati said:

It's not like Cheek To Cheek or ASIB is there on the list, those are actually pop dance albums :dies:

Neither is Joanne, if I'm not mistaken!

1 hour ago, pablozedd said:

Neither is Joanne, if I'm not mistaken!

why would they?

Where is Future Nostalgia??? Biggest Dance album of the past year lol

Why doesn't it qualify lol

3 hours ago, Shaner69 said:

Where is Future Nostalgia??? Biggest Dance album of the past year lol

Why doesn't it qualify lol

Read what @alfonso12 has said before. 

3 hours ago, Roberto said:

Read what @alfonso12 has said before. 

Just read it this chart is irrelevant then if a Dance album can't chart on it. 

1 hour ago, Shaner69 said:

Just read it this chart is irrelevant then if a Dance album can't chart on it. 

If user @Shaner69is saying that the chart is irrelevant, then it must be true :clap3:

OT: Gaga slaying once again:clap3:

23 minutes ago, Zaram said:

If user @Shaner69is saying that the chart is irrelevant, then it must be true :clap3:

OT: Gaga slaying once again:clap3:

Future Nostalgia is #1 on the non dance chart. Congrats Gaga ???

It’s so weird that they count her albums and not all the other dem albums by pop girls 

This is just so big :jonny: 

The way both ARTPOP  and Chromatica were close to charting on the BB200 :jonny4:

20 hours ago, alfonso12 said:

I agree but I'm just trying to make sense of their logic. Future Nostalgia is more pop-ish while the chart is more for the kind of music that DJs make, a more electronic type of music. 

The Fame isn’t DJ EDM styled music tho, not even for 2008 standards

Future Nostalgia should definitely be charting 

1 hour ago, getinthezone said:

It’s so weird that they count her albums and not all the other dem albums by pop girls 

maybe because the other girls are more into bubblegum pop rather than dance pop?

O.T Gaga the Queen of Dance Pop

On 4/20/2021 at 1:40 PM, Brando said:

For some reason dance charts on BB are a total scam. The same goes to Dance Club Songs where every single Madonna song ever released goes to #1, but current hot songs that are actually played in actual clubs hardly ever see the top spot. Like BB wants us to believe that Madellin, I Rise, and Crave by Madonna were the hottest songs in clubs at any one point? 

They use a weird metric for that

On 4/20/2021 at 1:40 PM, Brando said:

For some reason dance charts on BB are a total scam. The same goes to Dance Club Songs where every single Madonna song ever released goes to #1, but current hot songs that are actually played in actual clubs hardly ever see the top spot. Like BB wants us to believe that Madellin, I Rise, and Crave by Madonna were the hottest songs in clubs at any one point? 

This reminds me of back then when i was a Kat DeLuna stan and was using that chart as receipts about how hard she was slaying :dies:

17 minutes ago, doonerr said:

They use a weird metric for that

would love to know that metric. 

Don't they call certain djs to tell them their most played songs or something?

All the djs must be gay club residents 

2 hours ago, brainmaniac said:

The Fame isn’t DJ EDM styled music tho, not even for 2008 standards

Future Nostalgia should definitely be charting 

I would say it is for 2008 standards. Remember that was the year of Lil Wayne, Coldplay, Taylor Swift, Beyoncé, T.I, Leona Lewis, Amy Winehouse, Duffy. Songs like Just dance, Poker face, LoveGame, Boys boys boys and Money honey felt electronic compared to the mainstream landscape of that time.

1 hour ago, Brando said:

would love to know that metric. 

Don't they call certain djs to tell them their most played songs or something?

All the djs must be gay club residents 

I remember it having to do something with club remixes, nothing with what's actually being played at clubs

7 hours ago, Shaner69 said:

Future Nostalgia is #1 on the non dance chart. Congrats Gaga ???

Future Nostalgia peaked at #3 at Billboard 200, while these 3 albums outpeaked it. :gaycat4: I don't really see your logic here. :gaycat4:

Annoying that ARTPOP didn't rechart on B200. I'm sure 99% of the people tweeting buy it on iTunes... didn't :rip:

On 4/20/2021 at 4:43 PM, chosensparkles said:

why would they?

I was just complementing the reply, which was a reply to another user saying "funny how her albums are randomly branded as EDM by billboard" as if all of her albums are branded that way which isn't the case..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.