BTS's Dynamite Dropped From Charts After Fans Stop Mass Buy

C-Amber

The fans kept buying the song for 31 weeks non stop so it will break PSY record of longest running Korean song in Hot 100. They broke the record last week, so this week the song immediately dropped from Hot 100 (#30-Out) and went from topping Digial sales last week (37.7K) to out of the chart completely (#1-Out). It's first time in history of hot 100, that a song that fans kept calling organic hit and had audience from public to drop like this. Which means the fans were the one that kept the song charting since beginning, chart researchers also said at some point only 2K-3K fans kept buying 50K-80K copies every single week. So much for a hit song.

Do u think the public actually know the song or just that fandom kept buying non stop?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Billionaire

• 45seconds

• CBC

• rihannabiggestfan

the public does not know this song

they may know the name but they couldnt name a single member

:rip:

is that some sort of record? Something like "biggest fall off of the chart [30-OUT] for a song at some point after it charted for at least 20 weeks"

u know that it went recurrent right? :dies: stop being embarrassing 

1 minute ago, TMZ said:

The song is insanely grating and basic so it's not surprise

this and...the literal waste of time and money for a song that is this basic/grating :toofunny2:

The general public most likely doesn't know the song, but it was going to drop out anyway because of the recurrent rule. 

That Samsung Dynamite ad was playing 24/7 here, so some may recognize it but not by name. 

This is why Billboard isn't as reliable in determining a song's popularity anymore, compared to 20 years ago. Songs are either fueled by fandom or fueled by radio(or both nnn). 

Edited by Billionaire

2 minutes ago, Billionaire said:

The general public most likely doesn't know the song, but it was going to drop out anyway because of the recurrent rule. 

That Samsung Dynamite ad was playing 24/7 here, so some may recognize it but not by name. 

This is why Billboard isn't a reliable in determining a song's popularity anymore. Songs are either fueled by fandom or fueled by radio. 

Everytime the ad plays...I just wanna smash my phone lol  ?

3 minutes ago, Billionaire said:

This is why Billboard isn't a reliable in determining a song's popularity anymore. Songs are either fueled by fandom or fueled by radio. 

The recurrent rule (on the Hot 100 at least) happens at week 20 and week 52 tho, this song has charted for 32 weeks. Or do you mean recurrent on radio or something

Billboard needs to stop website sales in general. You have all these fans buying the song multiple times on the same platform. On top of it it's probably foreign fans buying a lot of the copies. All you have to do is input a fake US address and bam it counts for the US charts. Completely fraudulent.

9 minutes ago, Billionaire said:

This is why Billboard isn't as reliable in determining a song's popularity anymore, compared to 20 years ago. Songs are either fueled by fandom or fueled by radio(or both nnn). 

Have you seen the charts 20 years ago? That was at the height of the boy band and teen idol craze in the US. It was absolutely fueled by rabid fans. NSYNC fans were doing the same thing to make sure No Strings Attached would break Backstreet Boys first week sales record. 

Never heard this song so I am not surprised the GP doesn’t know it 

It going from #1 to OUT on digital sales is kinda funny tho :bibliahh:

22 minutes ago, TMZ said:

The song is insanely grating and basic so it's not surprise

Their whole discography is not just this song dddd :rip: 

16 minutes ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

The recurrent rule (on the Hot 100 at least) happens at week 20 and week 52 tho, this song has charted for 32 weeks. Or do you mean recurrent on radio or something

The song goes recurrent if it has charted for at least 20 weeks and falls below 50. 

Dynamite was #30 the previous week(iirc), so best case scenario is that it dropped at least 20 spots and went recurrent.

27 minutes ago, sickening said:

the public does not know this song

they may know the name but they couldnt name a single member

Doubt the GP back then could name a single 1D member lol but that didn't stop their songs from becoming hits. I don't like BTS but Dynamite was truly a global smash

18 minutes ago, TMZ said:

i literally bought Youtube Premium because of this ad

19 minutes ago, TMZ said:

1 minute ago, Souvenir said:

i literally bought Youtube Premium because of this ad

imagine being forced to listen to a high pitched autotuned chipmunk'd vocals bad song and seeing 7 uglees on the screen at the same time i - :toofunny3: 

2 minutes ago, Billionaire said:

The song goes recurrent if it has charted for at least 20 weeks and falls below 50. 

Dynamite was #30 the previous week(iirc), so best case scenario is that it dropped at least 20 spots and went recurrent.

Ah, I see. Yes. So I wonder if that's a record lol.

Run This Town fell similarly (into recurrency), but it fell from #34 rather than #30

https://acharts.co/song/48646

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.