HDD: Justin #1 130-140k, Lana #2 65-75k

Squall

15 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

Folklores totals are from the OLD rules and cannot be compared. Ariana album were the first one to be released under the new rules where bundles did not count AT ALL and any physical copies had to be shipped in the first week to count for that week. When Katy released her's pre orders from the website were still counted for the first week, even if they had not been delivered yet. 

Yeah but I still wanna know her pure sales figure. I can't find it rn

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WildHeart

• Virtual_Insanity

• KetysandGagsSon

• Delusional

3 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

Yeah but I still wanna know her pure sales figure. I can't find it rn

Evermore 360k, Folklore 1.4 million. 

12 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

What makes no sense is comparing Folklores numbers to anything because it was released under old rules. What's not clicking for you ?

Also Folklore had huge merch bundles and also 16 editions which all counted on Week one, you are being delusional if you think those things did not bump her total significantly. Even with physicals in stores Evermore would have sold 500k max. 

So are you saying Folklore had huge sales because of Merch bundles? Can i ask what percentage of it were merch bundles cause it announced 12 hours before release and didn’t even have pre-order. So are you saying she sold hundreds thousands merch bundles? Let alone redeemed ones. :bibliahh:

Do you realize Folklore almost sold 800,000 albums AFTER rules change and bundles don't count anymore? 

Please, at least have some logic.

Also "multiple versions" still counts. Justin has 3 version with new song in each one. It didn't stop him from selling less than 30k.

Taylor's biggest selling power is physical sales. Not digital ones. Imagine thinking she can sell 150k digital but not double amount of physical sales. :toofunny2:

Did you ever check music market shares or her past sales? 

And i won't even talk about Evermore being second album IN FOUR MONTHS of her which is clearly affected streams and sales. 

Lastly, if copies are produced and are ready to ship, labels can easily ship all of them that week. During Evermore week(after rules change), they shipped 100k Folklore sales that week and it re-entered top3. 

Ariana's all sales shipped during first week as well like you can clearly see from drop after first week. 

Copies don't have to reach consumer, shipping them for it to count as a sale by label is enough

30k is all Justin will get for his sales first week. They probably shipped all of them. 

All the Justin haters in here. He should serve some longevity ! 

Edited by Virtual_Insanity

14 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

No that is not right. The rule about a physical copy having to ship in the week it counted was not in place when Folklore was released. All of those orders were still coming with a digital copy which counted for the first week. And bundles STILL counted at that point. Stop trying to change history.

Did you really miss the part i wrote "AFTER" in caps on? :celestial5:

19 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Do you realize Folklore almost sold 800,000 albums AFTER rules change and bundles don't count anymore? 

So are you REALLY telling me artist that sold 800,000 copies WITHOUT first week sales OR bundles can't sell 1 million albums easily? :bibliahh:

Even if 1/3 sales of first week sales were merch bundles, that means she sold 1.2 million albums without any bundle. 

You can't turn these numbers in your favour... :sorry:

14 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

And again, not a single person has ever stated that Justin is on Taylors level so I have no idea why you brought Taylor into this

Excuse me? :bibliahh:

You quoted me with this. 

15 hours ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

What was Taylors decline from Folklore to Evermore ? 

BILLIE EILISH | WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO? 6,346 pure

BILLIE EILISH | DONT SMILE AT ME 4,107 pure

Album selling queen :clap3:

2 hours ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Did you really miss the part i wrote "AFTER" in caps on? :celestial5:

So are you REALLY telling me artist that sold 800,000 copies WITHOUT first week sales OR bundles can't sell 1 million albums easily? :bibliahh:

Even if 1/3 sales of first week sales were merch bundles, that means she sold 1.2 million albums without any bundle. 

You can't turn these numbers in your favour... :sorry:

Excuse me? :bibliahh:

You quoted me with this. 

Again Folklore HAD merch bundles and all the physical copies from her website counted for the first week because they came with a digital download. I think you are just either confused or being delusional on purpose. 

1 minute ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

Again Folklore HAD merch bundles and all the physical copies from her website counted for the first week because they came with a digital download. I think you are just either confused or being delusional on purpose. 

Just show me where did i say they didn't? 

Again, 

2 hours ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Bundles counted for first week which was 600k sales. 

Folklore sold 1.4 million which means it sold about 800,000 sales AFTER first week WITHOUT bundles. 

Since she sold 800k AFTER bundles even without first week sales(the week albums sell most), saying majority of her sales came from merch bundles OR saying she won't be able to open with more than 500k nowadays because rule change is just pure delusion. 

Why are swifties fighting with that delulu? Hes always bursting a vein for Taylor.

Anyway, happy for lana:clap3:

3 hours ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Just show me where did i say they didn't? 

Again, 

Bundles counted for first week which was 600k sales. 

Folklore sold 1.4 million which means it sold about 800,000 sales AFTER first week WITHOUT bundles. 

Since she sold 800k AFTER bundles even without first week sales(the week albums sell most), saying majority of her sales came from merch bundles OR saying she won't be able to open with more than 500k nowadays because rule change is just pure delusion. 

Signed copies and vinyls. 

Also who said that she wouldn't open with more than 500k ? If she has 20 versions I am sure she will. If she only had three or four versions then no she probably wouldn not. Common sense. 

Anyway this has nothing to do with your hate for Justin !! 

Edited by Virtual_Insanity

6 hours ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Evermore 360k, Folklore 1.4 million. 

So around a 75 percent decline in pure sales from one album to the next !! Yikes.. 

22 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

So around a 75 percent decline in pure sales from one album to the next !! Yikes.. 

Her career is over! She is over! Probably won't even sell 100k with her next album! You are right. :isudumblmao:

28 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

Signed copies and vinyls. 

Yes, she signed 800k signed copies. 1 million of them next album. Also vinlys are not album sales from now on because numbers don't favour your narrative. :juanny:

30 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

Also who said that she wouldn't open with more than 500k

You just did 

7 hours ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

Even with physicals in stores Evermore would have sold 500k max. 

30 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

If she has 20 versions I am sure she will. If she only had three or four versions then no she probably wouldn not. Common sense. 

More than 4 sales don't count as sales according to Bilboard. 

Also Justin releasing 3 different version with new song in each version didn't stop his sales from bombing. If there is no demand, no amount of different version will help you. "Common sense" indeed. 

34 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

Anyway this has nothing to do with your hate for Justin !! 

Absolutely. So stuck with Justin's 30k pure sales which is what this thread is about instead of grasping at straws about Taylor's smash sales to find excuse about his bombing pure sales. 

tenor.gif

^ I said she wouldn't have opened with more than 500k of Evermore specifically. 

Well I mean the signs are all there of a decline. She went from 1.4 million pure sales to 360k pure sales. One album had a lot of different versions, merch, signed copies, vinyls boosting its numbers. The other one did not. Folklore clearly got a big boost from all the extras. 

27 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

One album had a lot of different versions, merch, signed copies, vinyls boosting its numbers.

And they all still counts to sales with or without new rules except merch one so all you do is grasping at straws like i said. You don't make the point you think you are doing here. 

But anyways, i am over this conversation. 

Edited by Artistofthedecade

Lana doing 80k though... a slay

Some Taylor's fans are really annoying since they brought TAylor in every topic when they see a chance to mention her :rip: 

12 hours ago, Starchild said:

Why are swifties fighting with that delulu?

6 hours ago, KKCuteCat said:

Some Taylor's fans are really annoying since they brought TAylor in every topic when they see a chance to mention her :rip: 

:coffee2:  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.