Spotify lands in South Korea

ariananext

starting from today, Spotify will be available in South Korea. The biggest streaming platform is currently MelOn, where the most streamed MPGs are 

1. Ariana Grande: 756,316,900

2. Halsey: 84,842,300 + 145,1m +436M =720M

3. Adele: 511,534,900

4. Billie Eilish:  441,016,200

5. Anne Marie: 417,568,200

6. Sia: 374,867,300

7. Camila Cabello:  351,835,200

8. Rihanna: 191,058,700 + 37M (TIWCF) +74M = 302M

9. Beyonce: 292,392,300

10. Dua Lipa: 284,355,000

are you excited to see how your faves are gonna perform on Spotify in the 6th biggest market in the world? I wonder if people are gonna ditch it for MelOn or if they will co-exist!

source:

Spoiler

for the numbers/to see the full list: 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HeWolf

• TrieLz

• muddysquirrel

• Kylizzle

Finally. Excited for the numbers.

BTS are going to break records now 

1 minute ago, Starkboy said:

BTS are going to break records now 

omg I didn't realize. makes sense tho

We have been waiting for this moment for ages. omg cant wait to cancel my apple music subcription, ive been siiiiick of that @#+-/*** app for months now.

fan base] Ariana Grande - Page 4200 - Base - ATRL

Hopefully it flops. We do not need Spotify getting even more bloated. Those 3 big companies running music in Korea will payola the hell out of their acts if its starts to have any kind of impact.

Watch IU and BTS just start breaking every Drake and Taylor/Ariana record :rip:

7 minutes ago, KnightOfAllRealms said:

Does their GP stan for BTS though? I think it'll be random indie artists charting and doing numbers and Armys might seethe :lakitu:

They have a lot of dedicated fans like their international fandom, but random smaller artists generally dominate music charts. There will be big debuts from acts ATRL hasn't heard of hihihi

Just checked that other thread. Not It Should Be Easy being one of Britney's most streamed tracks there. BJ is coming :rip: 

3 minutes ago, Kylizzle said:

They have a lot of dedicated fans like their international fandom, but random smaller artists generally dominate music charts. There will be big debuts from acts ATRL hasn't heard of hihihi

Yeah that's definitely what I'm expecting :gaycat4:

14 minutes ago, KnightOfAllRealms said:

Does their GP stan for BTS though? I think it'll be random indie artists charting and doing numbers and Armys might seethe :lakitu:

The GP here is only here for them for national pride reasons (like wow, look, a korean song is at #1 on the hot 100 im so proud :rip:) but not really into their music lol

They do have their fanbase tho, so this will indeed be a push on numbers for those popular bands indeed.

16 minutes ago, muddysquirrel said:

Hopefully it flops. We do not need Spotify getting even more bloated. Those 3 big companies running music in Korea will payola the hell out of their acts if its starts to have any kind of impact.

A lot of people here are sick of Melon and have been waiting for Spotify to start its service since it was announced last year. The only reason why it could flop would be if they didnt do a good job getting a wide local catalog but i believe they will do things right.

Anne Marie-unnie and 2002 will slay

I hope we'll get a chart right away. 

Russia got its Spotify chart two days after launch, BTS fans spam-streaming should make the chart generate ASAP. 

Well i just ran to download the app and its not true its coming out today.

They say they just finished processing their business licenses in Korea but not providing service yet.

What Should We Do From Here? | Fake News- What's Real and What's Not?

5 minutes ago, HeWolf said:

A lot of people here are sick of Melon and have been waiting for Spotify to start its service since it was announced last year. The only reason why it could flop would be if they didnt do a good job getting a wide local catalog but i believe they will do things right.

What about subscription price? Are other streaming platforms more or less expensive? 

Just now, greeneyedsoul said:

What about subscription price? Are other streaming platforms more or less expensive? 

Well we dont know how much Spotify is gonna cost in here yet, do we?

I pay 8,900won ($8) a month for AM and i think Melon is like $5 :skull:  but i will gladly pay more if its necessary to switch to Spotify.

I mean, we are used to paying $20 for a mango or watermelon, im sure the price of spotify wont be an issue for people who wanna have a more personalized music experience :foxaylove2:

11 minutes ago, HeWolf said:

Probably a smart move from Spotify because i have heard too that Melon is losing popularity fast. I hope Genie, Bugs and Flo manage to get bigger instead. :gaycat1:

2 minutes ago, muddysquirrel said:

Probably a smart move from Spotify because i have heard too that Melon is losing popularity fast. I hope Genie, Bugs and Flo manage to get bigger instead. :gaycat1:

I hope Spotify dominates just so that the local conglomerates and their little ****ty music apps FUME :foxaylove2:im all about supporting the local IT industry but music apps really shouldnt be our thing :skull: 

Edited by HeWolf

I'm really curious on the streaming numbers for kpop groups and soloists. It would really show who the gp is really interested in. Especially if the discrepancy between girl groups and boy groups remains true. 

I was so sad when Melon (or maybe Gaon) starting hiding the actual numbers behind random points. Tracking downloads was really fun since South Korea was huge in downloads. 

58 minutes ago, lovemehateme said:

Just checked that other thread. Not It Should Be Easy being one of Britney's most streamed tracks there. BJ is coming :rip: 

ksksksksk Do Somethin' being her 2nd most streamed :bibliahh:

they have taste tho!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.