Spotify debuts UAE/Saudi Arabia/Egypt/Morocco charts

Yomaku

https://spotifycharts.com/regional/ma/daily/latest

https://spotifycharts.com/regional/sa/daily/latest

https://spotifycharts.com/regional/eg/daily/latest

https://spotifycharts.com/regional/ae/daily/latest

Not sure what took them so long considering most of these had a proper top 50/100 for well over 2 years but it's something :cm: 

Edited by Yomaku

Saudi Arabia

#6 drivers license - olivia rodrigo

#27 positions - ariana grande

#33 lovely - billie eilish

#43 levitating - dua lipa 

#45 therefore i am - billie eilish

#59 34+35 - ariana grande 

#68 without me - halsey

#77 streets - doja cat 

#87 don't start now - dua lipa

#93 willow - taylor swift

#96 wap - cardi b and megan thee stallion

#106 prisoner - dua lipa and miley cyrus

#128 senorita - camila cabello

#129 how you like that - blackpink

#131 bad guy - billie eilish

#146 lovesick girls - blackpink

#157 everything i wanted - billie eilish

#163 34+35 remix - ariana grande, megan thee stallion and doja cat

#176 de una vez - selena gomez

#185 pretty savage - blackpink

#188 icecream - blackpink

#195 7 rings - ariana grande

:clap3:

The way the UAE chart is all international artists while the other three are dominated by Arabic music :rip:

It's the same with their airplay chart too: https://radioairplay.fm/classifiche-musicali/classifiche/emirati-arabi-uniti/radio-airplay/

Not Blackpink having 4 entries :jonny5:

Not Spotify hiding their charts for 2 years

Edited by Almighty Gaga

Dua 3 songs in all, in one 4 :jonny5:global 

Morocco:

Fever #92

Levitating #97

Prisoner #195

Egypt:

Levitating #114

Prisoner #165

DSN #194

UAE:

Levitating #6

DSN #39

Prisoner #41

BMH #146

Saudi Arabia:

Levitating #43

DSN #87

Prisoner #106

16 minutes ago, gotportugal said:

Dua 3 songs in all, in one 4 :jonny5:global 

Morocco:

Fever #92

Levitating #97

Prisoner #195

Egypt:

Levitating #114

Prisoner #165

DSN #194

UAE:

Levitating #6

DSN #39

Prisoner #41

BMH #146

Saudi Arabia:

Levitating #43

DSN #87

Prisoner #106

Ahh Fever smashing in every French speaking part of the world :jonny5:

Morocco

106    Therefore I Am by Billie Eilish    2,190

112    Lo Vas A Olvidar (with ROSALÍA) by Billie Eilish    2,090

158    lovely (with Khalid) by Billie Eilish    1,758

Saudi Arabia

33    lovely (with Khalid) by Billie Eilish    4,578

45    Therefore I Am by Billie Eilish    4,012

108    Lo Vas A Olvidar (with ROSALÍA) by Billie Eilish    2,460

131    bad guy by Billie Eilish    2,156

157    everything i wanted by Billie Eilish    1,920

Egypt

45    Therefore I Am by Billie Eilish    3,035

50    lovely (with Khalid) by Billie Eilish    2,936

93    Lo Vas A Olvidar (with ROSALÍA) by Billie Eilish    2,147

126    bad guy by Billie Eilish    1,863

161    everything i wanted by Billie Eilish    1,513

United Arab Emirates

23    Therefore I Am by Billie Eilish    3,357

30    Lo Vas A Olvidar (with ROSALÍA) by Billie Eilish    2,935

64    lovely (with Khalid) by Billie Eilish    2,202

133    bad guy by Billie Eilish    1,445

159    everything i wanted by Billie Eilish    1,319

We love a global popstar :clap3:

4 minutes ago, Cain said:

Ahh Fever smashing in every French speaking part of the world :jonny5:

as it should :clap:

Miss Selena coming to dominate with her already 221M Anghami plays, which doesn't even include the streams from her massive features :clap3:

Hvhrm6K.gif

Yay! so happy for Morocco finally having this chart :heart: The Moroccan music scene in general is really vibrant and pretty great actually.

I don't f with the other 3 countries though ngl so i won't be checking for them and their taste :eli: 

15 minutes ago, greeneyedsoul said:

UAE said no local fads allowed. :skull:

UAE's population is literally 88% foreigners tho :rip: Only 11% of the population of the UAE is actually Arab Emirati so it makes sense why it is so internationally driven. I always feel like ppl assume the Indians, Whites and Asians (mostly Filipinos) living in the UAE are actual Emirati citizens but they arn't. Most videos you see of people walking around in the Emirates are literally almost all foreigners mostly from India and the Phillipines. The 11% ethnic Arab Emiraties live super luxurious lives and are hardly ever seen in public or working jobs that require social interactions. They are all in their multi million dollar offices while the foreign workers do the other jobs and are what we see on videos about the UAE. Like I watched a vlogger youtuber visiting the Emirates to try and experience their culture and literally all the people he spoke to on his video were Indian or Filipino and the guy and the comment section on his video had no idea. They legit just thought they were seeing ethnic Emiratis when ethnic Emiratis are super elusive and hardly seen because they are such a small minority in their own country. :skull: 

Edited by IBeMe

24 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

UAE's population is literally 88% foreigners tho :rip: Only 11% of the population of the UAE is actually Arab Emirati so it makes sense why it is so internationally driven. I always feel like ppl assume the Indians, Whites and Asians (mostly Filipinos) living in the UAE are actual Emirati citizens but they arn't. Most videos you see of people walking around in the Emirates are literally almost all foreigners mostly from India and the Phillipines. The 11% ethnic Arab Emiraties live super luxurious lives and are hardly ever seen in public or working jobs that require social interactions. They are all in their multi million dollar offices while the foreign workers do the other jobs and are what we see on videos about the UAE. Like I watched a vlogger youtuber visiting the Emirates to try and experience their culture and literally all the people he spoke to on his video were Indian or Filipino and the guy and the comment section on his video had no idea. They legit just thought they were seeing ethnic Emiratis when ethnic Emiratis are super elusive and hardly seen because they are such a small minority in their own country. :skull: 

Localness is good for the local music industry. I just didn't know what UAE's demographic looks like. I just thought all four will have more songs in Arabic than foreign songs. So I was confusion.mp4 when I saw Olivia at #1. :rip:

Can't wait for the Balkan charts to go live, they'll also serve localness. :gaycat5:

@KillingYourCareer you might find this interesting 

16 minutes ago, greeneyedsoul said:

Localness is good for the local music industry. I just didn't know what UAE's demographic looks like. I just thought all four will have more songs in Arabic than foreign songs. So I was confusion.mp4 when I saw Olivia at #1. :rip:

Can't wait for the Balkan charts to go live, they'll also serve localness. :gaycat5:

@KillingYourCareer you might find this interesting 

basically there is no local population for there to be a local music scene in UAE. They are all foreign workers from other parts of the world. I was shook when I read that lol! their demography is really weird tbh. I never saw that much of a huge percentage of immigrants / migrant workers in one nation. For the locals to be only 11% and the migrants to be like 88% is shocking.

The Balkan chart will be EXTREMELY fun to monitor tbh. :eli: But I worry that Eurovision songs and cheap EDM will clog it up :'( 

17 hours ago, Kyoto said:

Morocco

106    Therefore I Am by Billie Eilish    2,190

112    Lo Vas A Olvidar (with ROSALÍA) by Billie Eilish    2,090

158    lovely (with Khalid) by Billie Eilish    1,758

Saudi Arabia

33    lovely (with Khalid) by Billie Eilish    4,578

45    Therefore I Am by Billie Eilish    4,012

108    Lo Vas A Olvidar (with ROSALÍA) by Billie Eilish    2,460

131    bad guy by Billie Eilish    2,156

157    everything i wanted by Billie Eilish    1,920

Egypt

45    Therefore I Am by Billie Eilish    3,035

50    lovely (with Khalid) by Billie Eilish    2,936

93    Lo Vas A Olvidar (with ROSALÍA) by Billie Eilish    2,147

126    bad guy by Billie Eilish    1,863

161    everything i wanted by Billie Eilish    1,513

United Arab Emirates

23    Therefore I Am by Billie Eilish    3,357

30    Lo Vas A Olvidar (with ROSALÍA) by Billie Eilish    2,935

64    lovely (with Khalid) by Billie Eilish    2,202

133    bad guy by Billie Eilish    1,445

159    everything i wanted by Billie Eilish    1,319

GloBillie Eilish

02FDEE76-F844-4505-9E4E-0366EBFC996D.thu

About time! Those numbers are PITIFUL, especially Egypt (100 million people and song #1 can't even get 12k streams in a day?!). I guess Spotify isn't as popular as we'd think there? :dies:

59 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

About time! Those numbers are PITIFUL, especially Egypt (100 million people and song #1 can't even get 12k streams in a day?!). I guess Spotify isn't as popular as we'd think there? :dies:

At least we can see that the streams have been steadily growing over the years. The first Japanese #1 had 6k while the current one has 300k.

It also depends how much tele operators are willing to co-operate with Spotify for their tariffs. You can't expect people to use Spotify when the biggest tele operator gives you a discount for Deezer if you have a contract with them. 

I'm glad we have charts for these, in a few years they will spice up the global chart with Arabic bopTs. 

2 hours ago, KillingYourCareer said:

yeah I think much of the Middle East nations use their own streaming service called Anghami or something like that. I remember a Lebanese Little Monster mentioned almost no one he knows uses Spotify. they usually use anghami and I think apple music? not sure tho

6 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

yeah I think much of the Middle East nations use their own streaming service called Anghami or something like that. I remember a Lebanese Little Monster mentioned almost no one he knows uses Spotify. they usually use anghami and I think apple music? not sure tho

I think the other main one is Deezer, Apple Music is definitely irrelevant there since a Lebanese KatyCat I know managed to make Smile tracks chart super high on AM Lebanon for an entire month with his streams :dies:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.