Olivia Rodrigo tops Apple Music US

Godly

6 minutes ago, Ampersand13 said:

I’ll admit, even as a big fan of hers I am shocked and a bit bewildered that the reception has been this positive. I think you’re right though, if it holds up or just sinks will be more telling of whether this is truly organic or not. 

Either way I do think the song deserves it, Issa emotional bop 

I don't understand this argument. It's not getting massive playlisting at all, it's completely organic.

Now that it has shown its potential it will start gaining playlisting, which will help it last long, which makes it less organic if anything.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ampersand13

• Timber

• Baby Judas

• fridayteenage

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, Timber said:

I don't understand this argument. It's not getting massive playlisting at all, it's completely organic.

Now that it has shown its potential it will start gaining playlisting, which will help it last long, which makes it less organic if anything.

I didn’t say anything? I’ve been a huge fan of hers for a while now. I just said I was shocked it is doing as well as it is, that’s all I meant 

Edited by Ampersand13

11 minutes ago, Ampersand13 said:

I’ll admit, even as a big fan of hers I am shocked and a bit bewildered that the reception has been this positive. I think you’re right though, if it holds up or just sinks will be more telling of whether this is truly organic or not. 

Either way I do think the song deserves it, Issa emotional bop 

i don't want to diminish her success because i think she's stunning and the song deserves but i also agree with this, like it feels so random? hopefully it's organic because she deserves

1 minute ago, Ampersand13 said:

I didn’t say anything? I’ve been a huge fan of hers for a while now. I just said I was shocked it is doing as well as it is, that’s all I meant 

Sorry, I've just seen a lot of accusing her for being an "industry plant" and just blew when I saw the word organic. :toofunny3:

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, Timber said:

Sorry, I've just seen a lot of accusing her for being an "industry plant" and just blew when I saw the word organic. :toofunny3:

It’s all good, I know what you mean. I’ve been pursuing the other threads and everyone jumping up and down saying ‘InDusTRy PlaNT’ are so annoying. Especially when she’s been on two successful television shows and working on music for a while now. People just love to diminish artists sometimes 

3 minutes ago, shumiley said:

i don't want to diminish her success because i think she's stunning and the song deserves but i also agree with this, like it feels so random? hopefully it's organic because she deserves

i mean, put your hearts up and popular song weren't obvious barometers for the way.

4 hours ago, astrorep said:

Olivia Rodrigo is now only the 12th female to ever reach #1 on the Apple Music US chart as a lead artist joining:  

Adele, Ariana Grande, Billie Eilish, Cardi B, Mariah Carey, Megan Thee Stallion, Nicki Minaj, Rihanna, Selena Gomez, SZA and Taylor Swift

I don't remember Rih topping AM... I guess she did it with Work or Needed Me?

47 minutes ago, Lein said:

All I want was a decent hit, she didn't come out of nowhere like some people said here.

how is #90 a hit? 

Edited by fridayteenage

2 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

how is #90 a hit? 

188m Spotify Streams

33 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

how is #90 a hit? 

It was huge on Tiktok. Disney was just dumb and didn’t give the song some push for more chart success. 

not the new Britney except singer songwriter indie and talented :deadbanana4:

5 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

how is #90 a hit? 

5 hours ago, Timber said:

188m Spotify Streams

4 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

#54 on us spotify peak isn't a hit either

it was certified Gold in the US + Silver in the UK, that's really impressive because it didn't get any push except a music video released 3 months later after the HSM soundtrack.

Edited by Mokichi

12 hours ago, Ampersand13 said:

I feel. I’ve been a huge fan of Sabrina for years and Olivia is outperforming all of Sabrina’s music combined :skull:

I just hope they find a way to keep it cute. I cannot take another stan war 

irpLvJS.gif

She should make a song dragging Olivia back and get a cute hit methinks

irpLvJS.gif

• ATRL Moderator
16 minutes ago, The Witch said:

She should make a song dragging Olivia back and get a cute hit methinks

irpLvJS.gif

Kind of loving this concept. Then they can team up for a Beautiful Liar type moment 

irpLvJS.gif

The song is not bad, but it sounds like just another teenage girl indie pop track out there. Nothing special :skull: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.