Olivia Rodrigo #5 on US Spotify w/ debut single

Godly

15 minutes ago, Gaia said:

True but I couldn’t help but notice this teenager’s lyrics are better than Katy’s. Can’t help but wonder why she can never write a decent song lyrically :rip: idk just what popped up as I was listening lol

Time to give solo-written and solo-composed Thinking of You a stream!

OT: congratulations to this new girlie, even though it's the stereotypical current teenage breakup song!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Godly

• Baby Judas

• Beyonnaise

• aliciavikanders

Top Posters In This Topic

This must be Generation Alpha because no one Gen Z my age knows who tf this bitch is :rip:

She looks basic based in her Instagram. But she’s still very young.

11 minutes ago, Sweet Sexy Savage said:

This must be Generation Alpha because no one Gen Z my age knows who tf this bitch is :rip:

good thing she doesn't need people your age to be t5 spotify + apple + itunes

1 minute ago, fridayteenage said:

Great, hope she can have half the acclaim or success Lorde or Taylor has 

I can hear Billie or Conan Gray or that Tate girl sing this song

This is a Gen Z trend

1 minute ago, fridayteenage said:

Great, hope she can have half the acclaim or success Lorde or Taylor has 

Disney girls' singles to reach the T5 on Spotify in the US (since 2017):

Selena - It Ain't Me

Selena - Fetish

Selena - Wolves

Selena - Taki Taki

Selena - Lose You To Love Me

Selena - Look At Her Now

Selena - Rare

Selena - Ice Cream

Miley - Don't Call Me Angel

Miley - Midnight Sky

Miley - Prisoner

Olivia - drivers license

Looks like we have a trinity

A0FF77B1-4933-4FB5-ADED-22A1C5CEF2A6.thu

28 minutes ago, Godly said:

Selena - It Ain't Me

Selena - Fetish

Selena - Wolves

Selena - Taki Taki

Selena - Look At Her Now

Selena - Rare

Selena - Ice Cream

Miley - Midnight Sky

Miley - Prisoner

Olivia - drivers license

:dies:

5 hours ago, Goofy said:

umm there's literally no drama between her and Joshua, it wasn't even relevant news besides one media outlet reporting on it :skull: almost no one talked about it on social media, wonder where u guys got that from..?

it's just the power of her young following and sudden word of mouth-exposure thanks to Swifties. also "All I Want" has 185M on Spotify, she had lots of ppl subscribed to her profile already

Yeah I dont know why people are running with this PR mess, there's no feud going on :skull:

1 hour ago, Godly said:

Selena - It Ain't Me

Selena - Fetish

Selena - Wolves

Selena - Taki Taki

Selena - Look At Her Now

Selena - Rare

Selena - Ice Cream

Miley - Midnight Sky

Miley - Prisoner

Olivia - drivers license

I was told though that Selena's on the same playing field as her Princess Protection Program costar 

All I Want deserves this success too. Sucks it didn’t get push from Disney after it blew up on Tiktok and charted on H100 last year. :sad: 

I’m all for new blood in the pop game but the song is pretty bland. Hopefully this smashing will get Interscope to put her in the studio with some good producers.

13 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

I’m all for new blood in the pop game but the song is pretty bland. Hopefully this smashing will get Interscope to put her in the studio with some good producers.

Dan Nigro is a great producer :giraffe:

I had no idea who this girl was until yesterday and when I looked up the credits, I was shocked she's been in the studio with him. Seems like she's releasing an EP and he produced it bc on Insta he mentioned there were more songs. 

8 minutes ago, aliciavikanders said:

Dan Nigro is a great producer :giraffe:

I had no idea who this girl was until yesterday and when I looked up the credits, I was shocked she's been in the studio with him. Seems like she's releasing an EP and he produced it bc on Insta he mentioned there were more songs. 

I hadn’t heard of her yesterday either but I do see the potential there. I think I’ll just have to wait for her to get out of her angsty teen phase (same thing with Billie). I’m the same age as Lorde so personally I don’t think any of the younger girls capture that youthful angst the way she did. They’ll be more interesting in a few years.

But yeah Dan is good, he wrote on several songs on the best album of the 2010s Night Time My Time :giraffe: I hope she works with more indie-ish producers like him and not the generic Benny Blancos.

Edited by Beyonnaise

3 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

I hadn’t heard of her yesterday either but I do see the potential there. I think I’ll just have to wait for her to get out of her angsty teen phase (same thing with Billie). I’m the same age as Lorde so personally I don’t think any of the girls capture that youthful angst the way she did.

But yeah Dan is good, he wrote on several songs on the best album of the 2010s Night Time My Time :giraffe: I hope she works with more indie-ish producers like him and not the generic Benny Blancos.

Yup, I agree. I like Billie as well but I wasn't the biggest fan of WWAFAWDWG --- I think her (and Olivia's) best work is definitely ahead of them. 

She kind of just needs to grow out of her influences. The bridge kind of sounds close to being a Lorde ripoff, too (at least she has taste in her influences though). I feel with the way this song is smashing, the EP could be a don't smile at me moment. 

You just know when it comes time to write the debut they're going to try and get her in the studio with Jack Antonoff :rip: Jack will probably be busy, though. 

And Benny Blanco redeemed himself with MAGDALENE :giraffe:

7 minutes ago, aliciavikanders said:

You just know when it comes time to write the debut they're going to try and get her in the studio with Jack Antonoff :rip: Jack will probably be busy, though. 

I kii’d the other day reading that he’s producing Clairo’s new album, so predictable. I’m eager for Lana’s Chemtrails and Lorde’s next album but I don’t know how many more sounds he can mine out of these indie girls :skull: I hope Rostam is able to work with more of them, Immunity/WIMPIII’s production was superb and the last Vampire Weekend album felt lacking without him. 

Edited by Beyonnaise

30 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

I kii’d the other day reading that he’s producing Clairo’s new album, so predictable. I’m eager for Lana’s Chemtrails and Lorde’s next album but I don’t know how many more sounds he can mine out of these indie girls :skull: I hope Rostam is able to work with more of them, Immunity/WIMPIII’s production was superb and the last Vampire Weekend album felt lacking without him. 

I was so, so disappointed by that :skull: Her and Rostam were really a dream duo. Jack is producing the new Lana, Lorde, Clairo, and probably St. Vincent records all in the same year :deadbanana4: Plus the new Bleachers album. Does he not get exhausted? 

I do however feel that major labels are getting increasingly lax with their young "alt" singers, if I think about the free reign Billie and Lorde have been afforded. I'm guessing Olivia will be left alone to work with who she wants, for the most part. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.