Olivia Rodrigo #5 on US Spotify w/ debut single

Godly

Impressive Debut!! Just missed out on the no.4 spot.. FLAMES by Avril Lavigne and Mod Sun pipped it by around 1000 streams.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Godly

• Baby Judas

• Beyonnaise

• aliciavikanders

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, MRRAGER said:

Impressive Debut!! Just missed out on the no.4 spot.. FLAMES by Avril Lavigne and Mod Sun pipped it by around 1000 streams.

:lmao:

By the way, what are her influences? Because you can clearly hear Halsey in her voice and Lorde in the production (especially the last minute of the song). She's interesting. Let's see what she has to offer. 

20 minutes ago, JawBreaker said:

Zayn came from the biggest boyband of last decade and he has an established career ofcourse his song will have a bigger global debut :rip: 

Also ofcourse the girls streams are going to be mainly from the US. 

The fact that she got more streams in the US with her debut is hella impressive as hell. 

Not even Justins new song debuted with this much in the US. :jonny6:

Justin went from like 600k to 997k on the 2nd day because of the nye effect so he would have probably would have done 1.1-1.2m on a normal Friday. He also isn't that big in America anymore. I think this girl can make it big globally but I don't think Morgan Wallen can outside of America and a few other countries.

Really impressive debut for a new artist though. I was just pointing out how global Spotify charts tend to go under the radar sometimes.

Edited by Jaffery

2 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

By the way, what are her influences? Because you can clearly hear Halsey in her voice and Lorde in the production (especially the last minute of the song). She's interesting. Let's see what she has to offer. 

lorde and taylor 

shes a taylor stan her Spotify bio says shes a "huge swiftie" :heart:

8 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

she is huge taylorde stan as she should

abby's tweet - "hey taylor swift and lorde stans ! stan olivia rodrigo !!  she just released her debut single drivers license and it's everything " -  Trendsmap

12 minutes ago, Jaffery said:

I was just pointing out how global Spotify charts tend to go under the radar sometimes.

yeah I do get what you mean. Germany, Mexico, Brazil etc Spotify charts streams are impressive. I was checking it a few days ago and comparing it to the US and the UK and I was shocked how close they were. 

Edited by JawBreaker

15 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

She liked these tweets

she can sing, why is she doing the ugly halsey voice? :biblio: it's a cute song though

47 minutes ago, Goofy said:

umm there's literally no drama between her and Joshua, it wasn't even relevant news besides one media outlet reporting on it :skull: almost no one talked about it on social media, wonder where u guys got that from..?

it's just the power of her young following and sudden word of mouth-exposure thanks to Swifties. also "All I Want" has 185M on Spotify, she had lots of ppl subscribed to her profile already

Right :dies: Joshua even posted the song on his story and was congratulating her lol

A new star has arrived. Lets embrace this talented young lady. 

Heard the song for the first time. Its amazing

The song is boring. I like her enough, but not getting the hype of this song or her voice on the song. Her cover of "River" was incredible and also "All I Want" is a bop!

It's a cute song but that bananes and avocades style of singing is so annoying

2 hours ago, Jaffery said:

All these artists out here with insane out of no where debuts on Spotify US, then you go on global Spotify you it see that America is like 80%+ of their streams. The fact that Zayn debut at #65 on US Spotify but still had the biggest debut on Spotify by far yesterday lmao

Check iTunes and Apple Music. She’s destroying him there.

Disagree about the Joshua drama. My Tik tok feed keep talking about it and they have a lot of likes too! (like 100,000+) Apparently, joshua taught her how to drive a car, he cheated with Sabrina, and that the cast sides with Olivia which is gonna make season 2 very awkward Just Tik tok things, so probably not true. 

Edited by jamsjamsjams

40 minutes ago, jamsjamsjams said:

Disagree about the Joshua drama. My Tik tok feed keep talking about it and they have a lot of likes too! (like 100,000+) Apparently, joshua taught her how to drive a car, he cheated with Sabrina, and that the cast sides with Olivia which is gonna make season 2 very awkward Just Tik tok things, so probably not true. 

Yeah there's definitely drama involved, nothing bad with it but I don't know why others were trying to deny it :rip:

besides billie, a scroll through kworb records indicates she's the only currently-teen girl who toplined a US spotify T5.

Next youngest is camila who's currently 23.

Is this the first time a Disney girl is actually smashing since Miley/Demi/Selena?

3 hours ago, KillingYourCareer said:

She's from Disney.

I feel like I've already heard that song a thousand times before, it's so bland :deadbanana4:

True but I couldn’t help but notice this teenager’s lyrics are better than Katy’s. Can’t help but wonder why she can never write a decent song lyrically :rip: idk just what popped up as I was listening lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.