• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Godly

• Baby Judas

• Beyonnaise

• aliciavikanders

Top Posters In This Topic

:jonny5:

The new big pop girl of the 20s is here. 

These numbers reminds of a Ariana's debut. Truly unexpected for a debut single. 

:clap3:

1 minute ago, feelingsonfire said:

Impressive, but who even is that girl and why she’s blowing up out of nowhere?

She's from Disney.

I feel like I've already heard that song a thousand times before, it's so bland :deadbanana4:

• ATRL Moderator

:clap3:

It's a cute song but it's kind of bland, still I'm glad there's a new pop girl emerging (the last one was Ava Max? and that was in 2018)

8 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

She's from Disney.

True, but she's still relatively unknown, it's not like she has an impressive following. I think it's a combination of good word-of-mouth and drama with her co-stars, but still these numbers are huge and come out of nowhere - she'd be literally #2 on AM right now if it wasn't for an album bomb :deadbanana:

I think it's safe to say that Gen Z basically dictates the charts at this point, she's probably popular within that demographic and that's enough these days to catapult you to the top. Crazy

16 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

The new big pop girl of the 20s is here. 

These numbers reminds of a Ariana's debut. Truly unexpected for a debut single. 

I mean its not that unexpected since she already has a following thanks to HSMTMTS. And it is a big following, her and the other guy have many fans. 

Just now, Godly said:

True, but she's still relatively unknown, it's not like she has an impressive following. I think it's a combination of good word-of-mouth and drama with her co-stars, but still these numbers are huge and come out of nowhere - she'd be literally #2 on AM right now if it wasn't for an album bomb :deadbanana:

I think it's safe to say that Gen Z basically dictates the charts at this point, she's probably popular within that demographic and that's enough these days to catapult you to the top. Crazy

Wait what happened between them?

Also, that's INSANE

All these artists out here with insane out of no where debuts on Spotify US, then you go on global Spotify you it see that America is like 80%+ of their streams. The fact that Zayn debut at #65 on US Spotify but still had the biggest debut on Spotify by far yesterday lmao

umm there's literally no drama between her and Joshua, it wasn't even relevant news besides one media outlet reporting on it :skull: almost no one talked about it on social media, wonder where u guys got that from..?

it's just the power of her young following and sudden word of mouth-exposure thanks to Swifties. also "All I Want" has 185M on Spotify, she had lots of ppl subscribed to her profile already

10 minutes ago, Jaffery said:

All these artists out here with insane out of no where debuts on Spotify US, then you go on global Spotify you it see that America is like 80%+ of their streams. The fact that Zayn debut at #65 on US Spotify but still had the biggest debut on Spotify by far yesterday lmao

In the digital era most big hits sold half of its units in the US and the other hald WW. It's weird to see how that shifted with streaming. Basically all of Latin America was never a good digital market but they certainly slay with streaming.

2 minutes ago, Jaffery said:

Zayn came from the biggest boyband of last decade and he has an established career ofcourse his song will have a bigger global debut :rip: 

Also ofcourse the girls streams are going to be mainly from the US. 

The fact that she got more streams in the US with her debut is hella impressive as hell. 

Not even Justins new song debuted with this much in the US. :jonny6:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.