Send your rankings on time and once again, DON'T rank your lover's entry x

DEADLINE: SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 13TH NOON EST

Edited by Overprotected

Sweet Spot: now this is her best song YUPPPPP it’s the classic

Midnight: this had some nice vocal moments but ehhhh not a big fan

Do It: YASSSSS it’s the classic like

Sometimes: the superior Arianka song of the round I fear, a cute moment

In My Bed: ITS THE CLASSIC TOO!!!!!! WHEWWWW

Codes: a very cute fun bop, does it hit like it used to? not rlly, is it still great? yea

Habits (Stay High): a SMASH!!!!! always a lovely song

God is a woman: well it’s one of the better songs of her worst album... :martina:

Fetish: ITS THE COLLAPSE!!!!!!!!!!!

Tipsy: their double serve this round YASSSSS 

Kim Petras - Sweet Spot: MAJOR bop. Probably the best on the album

Lianne La Havas - Midnight: Very nice song, love it

Chloe x Halle - Do It: Y'all did that and you know it!

Ariana Grande - Sometimes: It's cute

Sabrina Carpenter - In My Bed: This is kinda overrated by her fans, but it's still pretty good

Ellie Goulding - Codes: Aged a bit only because I've played it 300 times :rip: but bop

Tove Lo - Habits (Stay High): Yess

Ariana Grande - God is a woman: This is good, though my faves on Sweetener are the Pharrell ones :thing:

Selena Gomez - Fetish: Winner

Chloe x Halle - Tipsy: One of the worst on the album. But UH has no bad songs soo

ePO1VkB.png

Spoiler

KIM PETRAS - SWEET SPOT

Absolutely a pop SMASH. It sounds like it samples something, but I still don't know what. Maybe someone can enlighten me!!!!

LIANNE LA HAVAS - MIDNIGHT

This was cute!!!! Smooth and serviceable. I like the chorus a lot.

CHLOE X HALLE - DO IT

This is their only truly brilliant moment, imo. Nothing else compares. A really great fun song that doesn't try to be what it's not.

ARIANA GRANDE - SOMETIMES

One of her better album tracks, it's definitely nothing super special in the grand scheme of things, but it's a cute lil song.

SABRINA CARPENTER - IN MY BED

I feel like I've heard 50000 versions of this song, and that isn't even necessarily a bad thing. It's just kinda boring and it gets repetitive fast.

ELLIE GOULDING - CODES

A classic, I fear. This should've been a smash hit, she's a complete fool.

TOVE LO - HABITS (STAY HIGH)

Undeniably a pop classic, but she has made so much better since. Ofc it's a good song, but I want more!!!!

ARIANA GRANDE - GOD IS A WOMAN

I'm beyond over this. It was one of my favorite Ariana songs back in the day, but it hasn't aged well for me at all. I still do like what it stands for, though. And I love her confidence on it, but it's just personally grating for me now.

SELENA GOMEZ - FETISH

Still my favorite Selena song. Absolutely DELICIOUS production. I feel like a Russian prostitute on their way home from a successful night when I listen to it. Make no sense how this didn't smash.

CHLOE X HALLE - TIPSY

Very fun production. Definitely not something that would leave a lasting impression on me, though.

tasteful king yupppp

and yeah sweet spot reminds me of something TOO and i couldn't tell what it was... let me try and find out

1 minute ago, minho said:

tasteful king yupppp

and yeah sweet spot reminds me of something TOO and i couldn't tell what it was... let me try and find out

we have to figure it out, i don't think it's credited but

Kim Petras - Sweet Spot - I am not a fan of her voice and this song is very meh sorry. 

Lianne La Havas - Midnight - this is quite excellent 

Chloe x Halle - Do It - one of the best singles of 2020, deserved #1 

Ariana Grande - Sometimes - a great album track

Sabrina Carpenter - In My Bed - one of her best songs, pop perfection 

Ellie Goulding - Codes - this should have been a single, she dropped the ball with not using it, big bop 

Tove Lo - Habits (Stay High) - this is a bop, compared to some other songs here, it may fall short but its good

Ariana Grande - God is a woman - this is great, not sure why the sudden collective switch on this but it's pretty good. 

Selena Gomez - Fetish - meh, this is weak to me sorry. 

Chloe x Halle - Tipsy- a big fun bop from an excellent album. 

Image result for two cats in love meme

miguel's critiques

Sweet Spot - eh, there's only a few songs I use from her, and this is not one of them. Very unremarkable-

Midnight - very pretty, LOVE the vocals

Do It - the absolute COLLAPSE, amazing sing

Sometimes - one of my favorite Ariana songs tbh, i love it a lot

In My Bed - ABSOLUTELYYYYYYYYYYY, but im still, im still, im still in my bed about it emote.png

Codes - i thought this was gonna fall flat in comparison to the rest of the songs, but it still goes OFFF

Habits (Stay High) - this absolute CLASSIC, loved it when it came out and still love it now

God is a woman - i'm sad that this doesn't do IT for me like it used, it's still a great song all around but yeah, aged a bit

Fetish - Seloser's best song tbh, no way around it

Tipzy - this is the inferior CxH song here, but i still love it. The bridge alone is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

RjD64vF.png

Kim Petras - Sweet Spot: One of her best :clap3:

Lianne La Havas - Midnight: This is cute, reminds me of Kimbra or Jessie Ware

Chloe x Halle - Do It: It's the bop:katie2:

Ariana Grande - Sometimes: Cute bop

Sabrina Carpenter - In My Bed: Best song from Act II

Ellie Goulding - Codes: It's the collapse

Tove Lo - Habits (Stay High): Kinda aged for me. Talking Body outsold

Ariana Grande - God is a woman: Collapse

Selena Gomez - Fetish: Bad Liar outsold

Chloe x Halle - Tipzy: It's alright

Kim Petras - Sweet Spot

kinda bopping to this

Lianne La Havas - Midnight

the chorus is a moment yup

Chloe x Halle - Do It

a winner I fear

Ariana Grande - Sometimes

one of the best songs on DW

Sabrina Carpenter - In My Bed

not feeling the chorus but the rest is cute

Ellie Goulding - Codes

now this is a BOP

Tove Lo - Habits (Stay High)

this classic 

L66zMI1.gif

Ariana Grande - God is a woman

not here for the yuh's, but the rest of the song is still a serve to me whew

Selena Gomez - Fetish

one of her few great songs, she really snapped here

Chloe x Halle - Tipzy

it's not as bad as I thought but it's definitely one of the weaker ones here

Bi5QTgd.png

Kim Petras - Sweet Spot - Oh wow this is a fun and cute BOP

Lianne La Havas - Midnight - This is great, never heard it before now, wow those vocals

Chloe x Halle - Do It - Another BOP smash future classic :jamming: 

Ariana Grande - Sometimes - It's cute, the lalalas remind me of Gilmore Girls

Sabrina Carpenter - In My Bed - This is cute and a bop, first time hearing it as well, I like it

Ellie Goulding - Codes - A bigger bop than I remember tbh!!

Tove Lo - Habits (Stay High) - A classic tbh

Ariana Grande - God is a woman - A classic tbh [2]

Selena Gomez - Fetish - This still hits right

Chloe x Halle - Tipzy - Probably the weakest song for me here :'( sorry

Ea3xB9X.jpg

• Kim Petras - Sweet Spot: HbYPLgU.png. Do I regret doing this? Not really. The song is catchy, but the vocal is typically pretty grating. I kind of get the same thing from Ava. The melodies are there but the vocal always feels processed or otherwise a bit strange and it's just not it for me
  • Lianne La Havas - Midnight: it's a quality bop. Stunning lyrics and a classic, sophisticated, smooth sound
  • Chloe x Halle - Do It: absolute SMASHA oh me.... oh my!!!!!
  • Ariana Grande - Sometimes: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. This is like, my favourite song of all time. Deadly serious!!!!!!!!! The soft, sugary, warm, EUPHORIC melody + unique fairytale-like production combined with the slightly heart-breaking, vulnerable, raw and beautiful lyrics, which are somehow simultaneously simple yet complex and FULL of weight? When you look beyond the obvious, there is a hint of sadness and trauma in the references to her past here, and the fact that the central lyrics are framed in a double negative,,, as if she would normally be second guessing herself about the relationship but she is now *NOT* thinking of leaving, letting go etc.. overjoyed to finally feel secure and to have overcome the anxiety most of us know only too well from the earlier rocky stages of a relationship? This song kind of embodies the release of that anxiety and the comfort that brings. The way that the bridge BUILDS from the vocal layering in the second half is an extended moment of basically ecstasy, and like, these ad libs are why I stan Ariana... She sounds HEAVENLY. This song just hits so hard and I'm not even emotionally invested in a single soul on this planet rn, like this track kind of makes me excited to fall in love again and experience this journey???? OMG!! CfwzhSR.gif
  • Sabrina Carpenter - In My Bed: it's very cute. Something about it is... a bit juvenile? But it's like still pretty great in a slightly generic way
  • Ellie Goulding - Codes: You snapped. The production on this is VERY fresh to me? This feels like it could've been a huge smash if she had played it right... A shame
  • Tove Lo - Habits (Stay High): Now don't get me wrong, this is definitely a classic, and a good one, but this kind of a got a little bit annoying to me throughout being at uni and all the remixes and DJ sets that would interpolate it, and like, every house party I went to. Also I'm so used to the remix that this tempo falls a bit flat for me
  • Ariana Grande - God is a woman: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Her studio vocal is so superior to every pop artist I S2G!!!!! This is one of her best singles, for SUREEEEEE. I'm so sorry for the bandwagon "aged" critique which was kind of predictable, but you're ranking VERY highly for me YUPP!!!!! 
  • Selena Gomez - Fetish: absolutely one of her best. She sounds great here, and overall she captured a really interesting and mature sound. One thing I will say is the song doesn't really go anywhere and I don't care for the feature at all, though thankfully it's pretty short. In another round this might do very well for me, but this one's pretty strong
  • Chloe x Halle - Tipzy: I'm REACHING for a critique cause it's pretty great however it does feel a bit clunky and industrial to me, and like, am I captured by a melody in this song? Not particularly. So I don't replay this much. But you still made a pretty solid choice

Edited by Fruity

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. This is like, my favourite song of all time. Deadly serious!!!!!!!!! The soft, sugary, warm, EUPHORIC melody + unique fairytale-like production combined with the slightly heart-breaking, vulnerable, raw and beautiful lyrics, which are somehow simultaneously simple yet complex and FULL of weight? When you look beyond the obvious, there is a hint of sadness and trauma in the references to her past here, and the fact that the central lyrics are framed in a double negative,,, as if she would normally be second guessing herself about the relationship but she is now *NOT* thinking of leaving, letting go etc.. overjoyed to finally feel secure and to have overcome the anxiety most of us know only too well from the earlier rocky stages of a relationship? This song kind of embodies the release of that anxiety and the comfort that brings. The way that the bridge BUILDS from the vocal layering in the second half is an extended moment of basically ecstasy, and like, these ad libs are why I stan Ariana... She sounds HEAVENLY. This song just hits so hard and I'm not even emotionally invested in a single soul on this planet rn, like this track kind of makes me excited to fall in love again and experience this journey???? OMG!!

Fruity spilled here:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. This is like, my favourite song of all time. Deadly serious!!!!!!!!! The soft, sugary, warm, EUPHORIC melody + unique fairytale-like production combined with the slightly heart-breaking, vulnerable, raw and beautiful lyrics, which are somehow simultaneously simple yet complex and FULL of weight? When you look beyond the obvious, there is a hint of sadness and trauma in the references to her past here, and the fact that the central lyrics are framed in a double negative,,, as if she would normally be second guessing herself about the relationship but she is now *NOT* thinking of leaving, letting go etc.. overjoyed to finally feel secure and to have overcome the anxiety most of us know only too well from the earlier rocky stages of a relationship? This song kind of embodies the release of that anxiety and the comfort that brings. The way that the bridge BUILDS from the vocal layering in the second half is an extended moment of basically ecstasy, and like, these ad libs are why I stan Ariana... She sounds HEAVENLY. This song just hits so hard and I'm not even emotionally invested in a single soul on this planet rn, like this track kind of makes me excited to fall in love again and experience this journey???? OMG!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. This is like, my favourite song of all time. Deadly serious!!!!!!!!! The soft, sugary, warm, EUPHORIC melody + unique fairytale-like production combined with the slightly heart-breaking, vulnerable, raw and beautiful lyrics, which are somehow simultaneously simple yet complex and FULL of weight? When you look beyond the obvious, there is a hint of sadness and trauma in the references to her past here, and the fact that the central lyrics are framed in a double negative,,, as if she would normally be second guessing herself about the relationship but she is now *NOT* thinking of leaving, letting go etc.. overjoyed to finally feel secure and to have overcome the anxiety most of us know only too well from the earlier rocky stages of a relationship? This song kind of embodies the release of that anxiety and the comfort that brings. The way that the bridge BUILDS from the vocal layering in the second half is an extended moment of basically ecstasy, and like, these ad libs are why I stan Ariana... She sounds HEAVENLY. This song just hits so hard and I'm not even emotionally invested in a single soul on this planet rn, like this track kind of makes me excited to fall in love again and experience this journey???? OMG!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. This is like, my favourite song of all time. Deadly serious!!!!!!!!! The soft, sugary, warm, EUPHORIC melody + unique fairytale-like production combined with the slightly heart-breaking, vulnerable, raw and beautiful lyrics, which are somehow simultaneously simple yet complex and FULL of weight? When you look beyond the obvious, there is a hint of sadness and trauma in the references to her past here, and the fact that the central lyrics are framed in a double negative,,, as if she would normally be second guessing herself about the relationship but she is now *NOT* thinking of leaving, letting go etc.. overjoyed to finally feel secure and to have overcome the anxiety most of us know only too well from the earlier rocky stages of a relationship? This song kind of embodies the release of that anxiety and the comfort that brings. The way that the bridge BUILDS from the vocal layering in the second half is an extended moment of basically ecstasy, and like, these ad libs are why I stan Ariana... She sounds HEAVENLY. This song just hits so hard and I'm not even emotionally invested in a single soul on this planet rn, like this track kind of makes me excited to fall in love again and experience this journey???? OMG!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.