• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mcohen

• peterstyles13

• onewillowsilk

• Nova_23

These numbers are great considering no one has crossed 200k except for BTS.

I'm curious to see how Drake performs when he releases his album next month.

Those are great numbers considering the rule change. :clap3:

I just wish ppl didn't drag Ariana back then when she also suffered 50%+ decline in her debut numbers from tu, n to positions but I guess I have to accept the fact that Ariana is the most hated artist in this site. 

175k DIGITAL ALBUMS ONLY (i.e., no physical cds in stores)

WHO IS SELLING 175k DIGITAL ALBUMS THESE DAYS?!

2 minutes ago, Jude said:

I just wish ppl didn't drag Ariana back then when she also suffered 50%+ decline in her debut numbers from tu, n to positions but I guess I have to accept the fact that Ariana is the most hated artist in this site. 

no thats still gaga (still has the most fervent fans, which is part of the reason)

Excited to see Taylor's first week of physical sales

When do physical copies come out? Some people said next week some said in two weeks

1 minute ago, By the Water said:

When do physical copies come out? Some people said next week some said in two weeks

The ones in target come out on Friday, her website says 3-5 weeks 

The fact that Shawn would've been #3 if he released this week :deadbanana4:

Taylor's streaming was really high so it'll probably go up to 400k at LEAST.

Very impressive numbers for Taylor. The fact she’s selling almost 200k digital copies :jonny5:

I feel bad for Kid Cudi, his album is really good and would’ve easily been #1. I wonder why the label let them both release the same week...they could’ve had back to back #1s.

43 minutes ago, JawBreaker said:

If her team were smart they should've actually have a lot variants like folklore release. Have everything available for purchase. And since it doesn't count until shipped they could control how many to ship each week for a long period of time and stay stable up on the charts. Collecting all those BB points rather than having all sales count for only 1 week. That would've been a COLLAPSE :jonny6:

Yeah, they could get her 7 weeks at #1 just by shipping albums in different weeks :ahh: 

12 minutes ago, Jude said:

What? taylor is not suffering from the bundle rules. She just does't have physicals ready until next week

Just now, Badgalbriel said:

What? taylor is not suffering from the bundle rules. She just does't have physicals ready until next week

Where did I say that Taylor was affected by bundle rules? I swear ppl in this site like to put words in my mouth. :rip:

I am shocked Cudi is doing that much, he could have been n°1 last week. 

Good numbers all around. :clap3:

Say it ain’t so :deadbanana2:huge decline in only a span of months. Was predicting it tho tbh. This truly was a case of the numbers being a reflection of the quality

Okay my expectations might have been a little high...

Still, these numbers are great given the circumstances... and I have NO doubt that she'll be leaving the top 10 anytime soon...

12 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

both lover and folklore had massive merchandise bundles.

26 minutes ago, Jude said:

12 minutes ago, Jude said:

Where did I say that Taylor was affected by bundle rules? I swear ppl in this site like to put words in my mouth. :rip:

:rip:

OT: i think its great considering the physicals arent counted this week so this album actually should have more longevity  

It is very impressive when you consider release timing. This is not just about lack of physical release. All streaming services are in christmas mode including playlists. "All I Want for Chrtistmas..." is bigger this year not because people are demands xmas music more (music biz called it lean-forward activity) but because of playlisting and lean-back streams. Taylor of course get a lot of space on Spotify but mid-december release will hurt album longevity. 

lover sold 304k digital. folklore probably +200k too.

(merchandise bundles are counted as digital sales)

anyway, this is great number. especially without physicals.

16 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Yeah, they could get her 7 weeks at #1 just by shipping albums in different weeks :ahh: 

Maybe alternate covers are coming later

A 'wildest winter' or 'dropped your hand while dancing' cover would be gorgeous.

1 minute ago, hungrymuffin said:

:rip:

OT: i think its great considering the physicals arent counted this week so this album actually should have more longevity  

The rule change isn't only about the bundle thing. It also counts towards the not counting the the physical copies before it gets shipped which affected Taylor. Again, stop putting words in my mouth. 

I order one form her wehsire

bought one from Itunes

about to buy one more from my moms phone 

and ready to go to target next week to buy another copy. 

I bought 3 version of reputation 

I bought 5 version of lover 

2 of folklore 

and now going with 4 copies of evermore

this bitch can take my money 

I lvoe her so much 

1 minute ago, Jude said:

The rule change isn't only about the bundle thing. It also counts towards the not counting the the physical copies before it gets shipped which affected Taylor. Again, stop putting words in my mouth. 

that's not new rule. physical always been counted when they're shipped.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.