HDD: #1 Taylor 340K; #2 Kid Cudi 160K; #3 Taylor 120K

Godly

This isn't tragic but it's meh. It's clear she relies on physical bundles, and has since Reputation. 

But this is about in line with the tempered buzz around the album so it makes sense. I did think it would be closer to 500k though.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mcohen

• peterstyles13

• onewillowsilk

• Nova_23

4 minutes ago, nick4bty said:

This isn't tragic but it's meh. It's clear she relies on physical bundles, and has since Reputation. 

But this is about in line with the tempered buzz around the album so it makes sense. I did think it would be closer to 500k though.

it’s not “bundles”, physical CDs in general aren’t counted for the first week because they haven’t shipped?

she’s gonna have more huge weeks because it will be split due to the shipping dates 

1 minute ago, Starstruck. said:

it’s not “bundles”, physical CDs in general aren’t counted for the first week because they haven’t shipped?

she’s gonna have more huge weeks because it will be split due to the shipping dates 

Bundles, versions, whatever. She relies on milking her fans to buy multiple versions of her physical album, is what I meant. Many of which are bundles.

But at the end of the day the digital sales here are ridiculously good so fans are still supporting. The streaming is meh and there are no physicals. It's just weird seeing a new Taylor album debut with 300k

Just now, nick4bty said:

Bundles, versions, whatever. She relies on milking her fans to buy multiple versions of her physical album, is what I meant. Many of which are bundles.

But at the end of the day the digital sales here are ridiculously good so fans are still supporting. The streaming is meh and there are no physicals. It's just weird seeing a new Taylor album debut with 300k

it’s weird because of billboard’s rule. folklore “sold” 615k pure but none of them were shipped immediately.

if folklore was released now, it would’ve suffered the same fate.

and yeah you said it, her digital sales are impressive which is an indication that her power is still there but the shipping date rule hurt her massively and yet she’s pulling massive numbers 

littlebodybigheart
28 minutes ago, nick4bty said:

okay and without “bundles” (which they are not) and physical versions she still outsold chromatica first week. so hang it up.

"the streaming is meh"? 

cuz there are so many women crushing evermore's debut week streams?

The third biggest streaming opening of all-time by a women being "meh"

A20gSX1.thumb.png.8e04136f42d43daeecbb0b

She'll probably end up at 400K or higher. Plus, with physicals out next week, she'll do another week with 250K+.

The numbers for Taylor look disappointing for a brand new album, I expected 500k.

She should’ve called it Folklore B-Sides like it is and when you think of it like that then these are great numbers. 

2 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

The numbers for Taylor look disappointing for a brand new album, I expected 500k.

She should’ve called it Folklore B-Sides like it is and when you think of it like that then these are great numbers. 

There wasn’t any physicals available, like at all. How many times does it have to be explained here?

14 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

Ok...

14 minutes ago, Starchild said:

There wasn’t any physicals available, like at all. How many times does it have to be explained here?

I’m aware but I was still expecting her to do like 350-400K pure digitally which I’m sure Folklore would’ve done if it didn’t have physicals.

Of course physicals play a big part, I just think the big decline from Folklore is less about there being no physicals and more about the strong lack of hype and Evermore basically being a collection of Folklore B-Sides.

I said they were still great numbers anyway and her next album will do a lot better.

Edited by CaptainMusic

• ATRL Moderator

Some of the drags in here will look very silly once the physicals actually ship and release :deadbanana2:

Name one other female artist pulling 300k+ in 2020 with streaming and digital sales only :dies:

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, CaptainMusic said:

I’m aware but I was still expecting her to do like 350-400K pure digitally

...in 2020? :rip:

You can probably count the amount of artists who move that many units in total on one hand :deadbanana2:

1 hour ago, CaptainMusic said:

I’m aware but I was still expecting her to do like 350-400K pure digitally which I’m sure Folklore would’ve done if it didn’t have physicals

BTS sold 17k digital copies and you expect her to pull 400k? :rip:

This thread is a mess

Pages and pages, the most comments here are people being not satisfied with Taylor' numbers and fans explaining that there are no CDs being shipped, then another users commenting the same thing, and swifties need to explain it to them again

ATRL, reading is fun!

4 minutes ago, By the Water said:

BTS sold 17k digital copies and you expect her to pull 400k? :rip:

:deadbanana2:and it was 10$ before the 50$ excuses come in 

The comments in here :bibliahh:

Swifties being elated and OTHs/Succes stans downplaying these numbers :bibliahh:

wait until the physicals are shipped before you give your horseshit opinion 

13 minutes ago, Safe&Sound said:

This thread is a mess

Pages and pages, the most comments here are people being not satisfied with Taylor' numbers and fans explaining that there are no CDs being shipped, then another users commenting the same thing, and swifties need to explain it to them again

ATRL, reading is fun!

This. Y'all don't know how to read, or comprehend. 

Thing is, physical is available on her site but they are not counted because it's not shipped yet. So this is even more impressive than just no physical but the girls in here celebrating like Taylor flopped :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.