Billboard Charts: #1 Humble, #7 Stay, #9 Despacito

UNNAMI

I really thought LOTB would've gone recurrent by now :deadbanana3: hang in there, legend!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• Navyofbadgals

• QueenofCopyPaste

• FutureHive

Just now, PurrKaty said:

Justin's next lead single could pull a Chained To THE Rhythm. (Not To A Rhythm). 

Whatever it's called. The song won't be remembered anyway.

But it's dumb to use 25 as an example, when it was a huge success outside of its singles and when it's not very likely Justin's album will be on the same level singles aside.

2 minutes ago, Cap10Planet said:

Whatever it's called. The song won't be remembered anyway.

But it's dumb to use 25 as an example, when it was a huge success outside of its singles and when it's not very likely Justin's album will be on the same level singles aside.

If you took the time to go to my original post, which you clearly didn't. I was stating that I don't want Justin going from 3 #1 singles off an album to 1 #1 single like Adele did. I didn't discredit the success of 25 like you assumed coming into a conversation part way through. 25 overall saw more success than Purpose, yes everyone knows that. I was strictly talking about singles going #1 and single success. Before you try to defend something you weren't originally involved in do you're homework next time. 

Cant wait for next weeks charts already :duca:

7 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

Waiting for the airplay numbers from today before posting, but right now I have

TWIL 503

SOY 500

Humble 497

This is giving me Work, 7 Years, Panda teas.

I hope "Humble." gets at least one more week at #1.

Can't believe the points will be so close. It could go either way.

12 minutes ago, mike3009 said:

This is giving me Work, 7 Years, Panda teas.

Didnt Panda win that battle?

4 minutes ago, JBJT2786 said:

I think Work got its final week at #1, which should be SOY in this case, and TWIL would be 7 Years, the song that got stuck at #2.

BUT let's not bring any negativity on this site, TWIL will snatch.

Edited by mike3009

QueenofCopyPaste

This is just early predictions...simmnfierzig will have mid predicitons still either tomorrow or  Thursday and a final one in Sat/Sun :duca:

I hope the new prediction updates will have a clearer picture on who will be #1 :duca: 

32 minutes ago, J-boy said:

This is just early predictions...simmnfierzig will have mid predicitons still either tomorrow or  Thursday and a final one in Sat/Sun :duca:

I hope the new prediction updates will have a clearer picture on who will be #1 :duca: 

I usually do Tuesday, Friday, Sunday :celestial5:

I could update the top 3 daily I guess

QueenofCopyPaste
1 minute ago, simmnfierzig said:

Please do! given how close they are :jonny: thanks

Kendrick is saving hip hop and music in general tbh

giphy.gif

Hope "That's What I Like" gets the bost like "Starboy" got and finally reach that #1 spot at least for 1 week, then "Despacito" would be a perfect number #1 contender...

Edited by Capruni

1 hour ago, JBJT2786 said:

Work held panda off at #2 and won its final week by a tiny margin 

7 hours ago, ChartsFan said:

And all it takes is one bot and one stream to disprove your whole theory.

unless of course you deny bots exist?

you a are so clearly are talking ODS and not streaming in general. Because there is a huge differ between the two. Non odds stressing is even worse than radio. Pick a song, suffer through s computer generated playlist, eventually hear your song,

Thats why there os verification of the streams. Its to protect against the very scenario you listed. That problem has already been solved.

Edited by Adonis

I hope Humble holds up too. I would like to see Bruno snatch a #1 this era, but the song has worn off of me and Ed overstayed (thanks GP!). Plus I'd like to see what other reason to talk Kendrick down. First he wasn't going #1, then it was oh "one week #1," as if it isn't a strong single right now dealing with multi format competition.

46 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Not a bad idea. If you are up to it :eatpopcorn: 

Since streaming is the future (and the now) have billboard changed their Remix and Feature rules when counting #1s? Wasn't it that an artist featured on a remix of a single was only credited if they sold more than 2/3s of the song the week it hit #1? Or has this changed? Or was this not really a rule but just the case for Britney on the S&M remix?

Looked up a billboard quote for this and it seems that a majority of sales is what they're listing to credit features on remixes for #1 here

The Justin remix is definitely selling more isn't it? Is it also being streamed more in the US? 

28 minutes ago, Flexus said:

Since streaming is the future (and the now) have billboard changed their Remix and Feature rules when counting #1s? Wasn't it that an artist featured on a remix of a single was only credited if they sold more than 2/3s of the song the week it hit #1? Or has this changed? Or was this not really a rule but just the case for Britney on the S&M remix?

Looked up a billboard quote for this and it seems that a majority of sales is what they're listing to credit features on remixes for #1 here

The Justin remix is definitely selling more isn't it? Is it also being streamed more in the US? 

Its selling more and streamed more. It'll have more airplay too as pop radio picks it up. 

25 minutes ago, Flexus said:

If the remix helps with more than 50% or If it has a big sales impact is the point, i dont think it needs to sell 2/3s of the song, It happened with S&M (Remix) and gave Britney her 5th number 1  single, It seems it's going to happen the same with Despacito (Remix), where the main sales are from the remix, so if it gets #1, It will count to Bieber...

QueenofCopyPaste

PulseMusicBoards predicitions for #1

Thats What I Like - 16

Shape of You - 2

HUMBL. - 0

Hot 100 Dropouts

hrin21.png

Hot 100 Video Version (full)

#39 first week for The Cure? not bad :clap3: