K$Ellie's Best of 2020 | FINISHED

K$Ellie

Yeah  I also skipped a lot of these bubbling under/high 90s stuff. Like Hayley's for example. Those serious/over the top artpop stuff she was doing was not it. I will also never give Harry Styles the respect or time of day. 

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• K$Ellie

• potent

• BlackoutZone

• Legend E

Top 100 Albums

Spoiler

5.1-6.0: bad

6.1-7.0: meh

7.1-7.5: decent

7.6-8.0: good

8.1-8.5: great

>8.5: excellent

Recap

Spoiler

91. Hayley Williams - Petals For Armor: 5.5

92. Harry Styles - Fine Line: 5.5

93. Ava Max - Heaven & Hell: 5.4

94. Jhené Aiko - Chilombo: 5.4

95. Conan Gray - Kid Krow: 5.4

96. Kiana Ledé - KIKI: 5.3

97. Stray Kids - IN LIFE: 5.3

98. Mulatto - Queen of Da Souf: 5.2

99. Dua Lipa - Club Future Nostalgia: 5.1

100. IZ*ONE - BLOOM*IZ: 5.1

101. Alma - Have U Seen Her?: 5.0

102. Sam Smith - Love Goes: 4.9

103. JoJo - Good To Know: 4.9

104. Kesha - High Road: 4.8

105. Lady Gaga - Chromatica: 4.6

106. The 1975 - Notes On A Conditional Form: 4.5

107. BLACKPINK - The Album: 4.4

108. SuperM - Super One: 4.3

109. Låpsley - Through Water: 3.9

110. Justin Bieber - Changes: 2.8

mrQi4G1.png

the way they've been releasing dud after dud since Wonho left, a shame cause I really liked Find You - Follow last year. Guess Who and Night View were bops I suppose

GTTaUl1.png

Sounds exactly like those wannabe Western boygroup rejects :rip: the lyrics are really awkward too ffff

mCkZfrg.png

don't know how I got roped into listening to this but erm, it's very Spotify playlist, I thought he was more of an indie gal but nah :mandown: don't know why he has that one stan on this site tbh x

ti9eoIr.png

this massive flop after her acclaimed last album, 4 American Dollars turned out to be the best sing :giraffe:

OyDohFg.png

this LOVELY mix of 2010s EDM and noise EDM! They should do more songs like Blueprint and On Track

Ul4HtdA.png

This re-issue added absolutely nothing other than Work It being one of the 5 good songs on the thing. As for 90s Love, there was a good song in there somewhere but :mandown:

agYKX1m.png

the pre-release was by far the best song ffff, their last 3 or 4 mini were very good too so I was surprised this didn't slap

rncMFwu.png

the way her first 2 EPs put together would have made a much better album :toofunny3: 

nBCc2ah.png

SSS was such a strong debut but everything she's put out since has been super underwhelming :katie: the way she jumped on that Jhene'd chill r&b bandwagon

ueTgEuh.png

Loved About Work The Dancefloor but that was pretty much the only standout :mandown: had high hopes for this but she disappointed x

Agree re:Kehlani, not a good release

Edited by KasioKas

14 minutes ago, K$Ellie said:

SSS was such a strong debut but everything she's put out since has been super underwhelming :katie: the way she jumped on that Jhene'd chill r&b bandwagon

Drag ha!

Spoiler

23 hours ago, Legend E said:

Flopatica deserved better omg

ozqMI6U.gif

Good To Know and Love Goes are also quite meh. Kesha's album is awful and Blackpink...well...k-pop :clown: 

I know the Belly stan ain't talking!!!!

ozqMI6U.gif

21 hours ago, Pink Matter said:

The fact that you made it through 100+ albums is admirable :rip: Anyways, a good start. Don't really care for anything that left.

The only takeaway from Love Goes is Diamonds. Why they won't take the hint that dance/electronic music is what they do best is beyond me.

yup yup the ballads didn't move me at all but I generally dislike their voice soooo

m0EdqND.gif

19 hours ago, Ewan Chaos said:

The P4K format nnnn main thing I'll say is I 100% agree with you on The 1975. I was ranking that album and thinking "well come on now I know there's 2 songs I like there has to be more on a 40-song album?" no.

And nnn the Alma hiding, the album itself deserves to be hidden in general (but she was cute live)

oh spill, the way that 20+ track album had maybe an EP worth of good songs and even that's a stretch

irpLvJS.gif

16 hours ago, Mezik said:

The P4K draggins. :rip: 

I didn't mind Chromatica, it's grow old already but I found it much better than Joanne & ArtPop. Only redeeming thing about Changes was Intentions. :dancehall:

Happy you recognized Troye. :heart2: 

I would maybe tolerate Intentions but I think of it as more of a Tiktok sound rather than a real song at this point

irpLvJS.gif

13 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

Stray Cats and Panned & Flopped above BLOOMIZ is still a crime, but I agree that IZONE very overrated actually. CFN big bops, at least it made the list

But the most concerning part is:

is it crack? :) 

BLOOM*IZ would have been a standard k-pop album if it weren't for the pitchy strippers!!! their voices genuinely serve kidz bop at times

irpLvJS.gif

11 hours ago, bestfiction said:

LOVING the Jhene lashings, the way her music is literally serving this

Hayley's album is such a snooze, it's such a shame :toofunny3: the rest... eh? x 

crying at how accurate this is x

7 hours ago, Madame X said:

Tbh a lot of these I know but never listened Bc my sixth sense said I wouldn’t enjoy it.  

club future nostalgia isn’t THAT bad but it’s more or less inessential.  A cute listen or two that’s it.  

you underrated Ava tho.  It’s sloppy but has a lot of nice throwback pop moments.  And Hayley does not deserve this.  I expected it to be bad for half of the year but when I actually listened I was blown away 

Some of them I listened for the sole purpose of panning them tbh :keir: like Bieber

I hope you were blown away by Sugar On The Rim :fan:

5 hours ago, potent said:

Petals for Armor was cute, but like nothing worth revisiting except a few songs

I liked Fine Line, there’s def some skips but overall I like the folk/rock influenced sound he was going for

Yeah Conan peaked too early with Maniac, there were too many slow songs and the upbeat ones were just not interesting enough lol

Maniac was one of the better songs for sure, I think there were some I didn't mind but overall it was quite a cheesy and reductive alberm x

3 hours ago, Tom Vercetti said:

Yeah  I also skipped a lot of these bubbling under/high 90s stuff. Like Hayley's for example. Those serious/over the top artpop stuff she was doing was not it. I will also never give Harry Styles the respect or time of day

king!!!!! :jonny5: harry SUCKS

2 hours ago, Delta said:

Josef Salvat :clap3:

sis I dragged him

ozqMI6U.gif

Edited by K$Ellie

you are WRONG for the Harry slander, agree with everything else (i know) so far tho :clap3: 

• ATRL Moderator

I know the Belly stan ain't talking!!!!

former Belly stan* :thing:

josef too low

Don’t think I have heard a song from any of these :mandown:

Astrid had some cute stuff in the past though!

I wanna punch you for putting Hayley so low to be honest.

SCREAMING at your write-up for Josef Salvia, why do I feel the same ****ing way and why did I even bother listening to that album...

Agree with you completely with US Girls, generally agree with you for Georgia but honestly I still kinda like the album. Astrid S is WAY too high

Some of my indie friends recommended Seeking Thrills to me and i don't like it at all :skull:

Also kii at U.S. Girls new album getting PENNED across the board after her previous massive acclaimed album. Truly the Paula Abdul trajectory methinks :fan:

"the way they've been releasing dud after dud since Wonho left"  did you lie?

TR4D53V.thumb.jpg.e09017ee238c0910080c66

Monsta X PANNED

US Girls PANNED

Stay Kids PANNED

NCT PANNED

Astrid S beautiful gowns, shirt, jeans I liked some bops tho, it just aged in 12 hours

Overall great update yup

that US Ghouls album was awful :skull: such a downgrade from her previous 2

is NCT part 1 gonna make an appearance then? :fan:

The U.S. Girls and Kehlani drag :skull: Though yes I would say it's a lil underwhelming compared to their previous albums 

Seeking Thrills deserved better :noparty:

Spoiler

Resonance Pt. 2 should be even lower, I fear

• ATRL Moderator

the way 4 american dollars gave us so much hype and then......... *crickets*

the georgia and astrid albums were CUTE mall/forever 21 pop, but nothing really to rave about. 

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, diogozsz said:

Seeking Thrills deserved better :noparty:

Reveal hidden contents

Resonance Pt. 2 should be even lower, I fear

Cosigned.  Georgia kinda snapped on her album :noparty:

I didn't care much for U.S. Girl record either. Only thing I remember is that Heavy Light was one of the last records I heard before my country went lockdown mode.

Edited by Sunderland 4ever

Only heard Astrid and Kehlani and both were... not good :-x

You stan Ke$ha and KPOP, though.

Still good to see him there.

Psycho

18 hours ago, K$Ellie said:

this massive flop after her acclaimed last album, 4 American Dollars turned out to be the best sing :giraffe:

Heavy Light is acclaimed too. Y’all just want sad albums all the time :giraffe:

16 hours ago, K$Ellie said:
19 hours ago, Delta said:

Josef Salvat :clap3:

sis I dragged him

ozqMI6U.gif

I should've figured the lowest scores were reserved for bad stuff :psyduck:

Okay the back-to-back Monsta X dragging. Let it all out. <3

Going back through the reCRAP: Changes BTTM I know that's right. Also surprised at BP so low despite me already knowing we're on the same page with them. <3 I think All About Luv should've been down with Changes but...that's just me and I know it's YOUR list <3 Chromatica also surprised me a bit because I thought it was just...okay. Not like actively awful but not something I'd seek out.

Excited to get to the part where we don't hate the albums!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.