REM-EMBERING 2020 ⭐ FINISHED! ✨

Remmy

positions out of the top 100 :mandown:

Knives out was a great film! I enjoyed it all the way through :heart2:

Onward is probably not the best Pixar's done, but it made me cry so hard :jonny5:

I love Tay, but I didn't enjoy much Miss americana don't know why... Uncut gems & Little women were also not gems for me 

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Remmy

• BlackoutZone

• TheWayWeWere

• Legend E

• ATRL Administrator

Happy, Visitor, Level of Conscern, Moral of the Story, You Are The Traffic :clap3:

Positions, Spotlight and Don't Wanna deserves to be in the main chart :rip: especially Spotlight... :cries2:

Ahh there are so many amazing songs, but Spotlight is so low i'm about to cry

Positions, Level of Concern, Bikini P*rn, React, I Love You's, Save Your Tears :clap3::clap3:

REPLIES:

Spoiler
On 12/10/2020 at 6:19 PM, Kevin2803 said:

Birds of Prey was so fun :duca:

10 hours ago, mokitsu said:

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS BIRDS OF PREY ACCLAIM :jonny:

Only misogynists and people that hate fun can be mad at it :heart2:

22 hours ago, Ewan Chaos said:

(I think SYT is my favorite single from After Hours though.... I think)

Blinding Lights > In Your Eyes >>> Save Your Tears > Heartless for me :lakitu:

19 hours ago, Lazuli said:

spotlight is too low, hopefully the other 2 jessie entries do it justice :'( 

They will, don't worry :alexz3:

18 hours ago, Legend E said:

plz these lies :bibliahh: 

why tf is spotlight so low

Uncut Gems was one of the worst and most annoying films my eyes have ever seen :bibliahh: 

None were detected! :)

She's cute but there's much better from the album!

:oh: Well the movie definitely isn't for everyone. I can understand plenty of complaints i've seen.

13 hours ago, Mezik said:

While I wasn't initially impressed with 'positions', it is slowly growing on me. I still think this is the weakest body of work Ariana has put out since her debut era, and feel as though this was really rushed just to get her name back out there? Which I don't get why since she's a household name now.. but perhaps I'm over thinking. 

I forgot about 'Level of Concern' and I had it on repeat for like an entire month.. oops. Same goes for 'Don't Wanna' and 'React'... oopsies. :rip: 

and I LOVE 'Spotlight'. So glad I discovered her work on this forum. :gaygacat8:

It's definitely her weakest body of work, and this is coming from someone that really didn't enjoy half of Sweetener, but at least the other half was very strong. There's no major highlight(s) on Positions. I don't know about getting her name back out there, tun was still pretty remembered despite being a year and a half old.

:deadbanana2:

Same :alexz3: I definitely wouldn't have stumbled upon WYP? without ATRL. Before this I only knew about her feature on a Nicki Minaj song.

8 hours ago, Sunderland 4ever said:

One of the best movies I've watched for the first time this year. :worship2:

Still so incredible and it 100% deserved Best Picture :alexz: Glad I saw it early-ish so I could root for it while watching the Oscars.

8 hours ago, K$Ellie said:

literally haven't seen any of those films :keir: I just watch BLs now :fan:

RT! miles better than anything on Bloom I think :fan:

I have no idea what a BL is :) Is that a p*rn category or sumn?

I truly don't think it's better than any track :fan: Well if we count the deluxe then it's easily superior to Running Shoes

7 hours ago, Mr. Loco said:

Onward is probably not the best Pixar's done, but it made me cry so hard :jonny5:

Uncut gems & Little women were also not gems for me 

I might've gotten close to shedding a tear but it wasn't the big, emotional punch I wanted/was expecting :matty:

:oh: Well the movie definitely isn't for everyone. I can understand plenty of complaints i've seen. [2] - But with Little Women, oh wow that's an unpopular opinion!

14 hours ago, potent said:

Too bad Spotlight is low, but I guess you got into it late

3 hours ago, TheWayWeWere said:

Positions, Spotlight and Don't Wanna deserves to be in the main chart :rip: especially Spotlight... :cries2:

2 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

Ahh there are so many amazing songs, but Spotlight is so low i'm about to cry

Kiii I wasn't ready for so many people to be upset about Spotlight missing the main list :laugh: It's good but I've never really loved it compared to most of the other tracks. (Also I didn't get into it late)

vo3dfIo.png

BEST ALBUMS || #35-31

NOTE: This category is ranked by the average score each release got after I rated every track above 2:10-ish.

Also, 'evermore' will not be making an appearance, but here are my early standouts~

no body, no crime - 'tis the damn season - coney island - long story short - marjorie

35. Lennon Stella 'Three. Two. One.' [[Cute]]
Trinity: 1. Fear of Being Alone • 2. Much Too Much • 3. Bend Over Backwards
Bottom 3: 11. Goodnight • 12. Pretty Boy • 13. Weakness (Huey Lewis)
Thoughts~ Her EP was easily better, but there's some good tracks to pick out of here.

34. LÉON 'Apart' [[Cute]]
Trinity: 1. And It Breaks My Heart • 2. In a Stranger's Arms • 3. Crazy/Stupid
Bottom 3: 8. Seventeen • 9. Die for You • 10. Apart
Thoughts~ My top 2 does quite a bit of heavy lifting on this one, without them it wouldn't be on this list.

33. Empress Of 'I'm Your Empress Of' [[Cute]]
Trinity: 1. Give Me Another Chance • 2. U Give It Up • 3. Void
Bottom 3: 9. Not the One • 10. What's the Point • 11. Maybe This Time
Thoughts~ Very inch resting but starts losing its shine somewhere after the midpoint.

32. Charli XCX 'how i'm feeling now' [[Cute]]
Trinity: 1. anthems • 2. visions • 3. forever
Bottom 3: 9. 7 years • 10. i finally understand • 11. c2.0
Thoughts~ Well, I'm glad it's better than self-titled! The middle section brings it down a bit.

31. Halsey 'Manic' [[Cute]]
Trinity: 1. 3am • 2. Finally // beautiful stranger • 3. Graveyard
Bottom 3: 11. Ashley • 12. More • 13. Forever ... (is a long time)
Thoughts~ Definitely could've used some cuts, especially the interludes + my bottom 3. Then it would've been pretty solid.

vo3dfIo.png

1f23981c990cd0355a982d5b670361ae.1000x1000x1.jpgf9f56fe51ca15d2e0e20c6f9635cf9e7.1000x1000x1.png

6e7649492d9df9b3272e54174614a462.1000x1000x1.pnge982a3c576e88fd122b3eb604adcae2c.1000x1000x1.png958fa4649491000c741454bac1f134c4.1000x1000x1.png

vo3dfIo.png

MINI CATEGORIES || PART II

NOTE: I had Worst Album Cover & Best Single Cover in the OP but I won't be doing those this year.

BEST ALBUM COVER

Allie X 'Cape God'

03690b0797e6ddea2f8aa29a8d1ccff2.999x999x1.jpg

I mean, just look at it! Gorgeous. There were actually several strong contenders this year.

WORST SINGLE COVER

Jordin Sparks "Red Sangria"

Lana Del Rey "Let Me Love You Like a Woman"

16583daef09943070a676f943d84d69e.1000x1000x1.jpgLana_Del_Rey_Let_Me_Love_You_Like_a_Woman_single_art.jpg

For the 1st time ever, it's a tie!!! And congrats to Lana for winning this two years in a row!

Okay fine, Red Sangria is noticably worse but you know your cover

is bad when it's turned into a template for Facebook moms :rip:

8VxRV09.jpg

Ahh Apart :clap3: And we have very similar top too

Cape God album cover is absolutely stunning and also my favorite of the year after Future Nostalgia, I bet it contributes to how I perceive the album too. It's also still my PC wallpaper :fan: 

Charli's album was cute. :heart2: 

Looking back, I actually thoroughly enjoyed 'Manic' and didn't give it enough credit. I re-listened to it recently, and honestly it's really solid. I think it's far stronger than her previous album, and I wish it had just as much success. :shakeno: 'You Should Be Sad' really re-sparked the era for me. :duca: 

And dear lord those are two of the most atrocious single covers I have ever seen. :rip: 

Lennon and Halsey should be slightly higher, but i'll take it. :alexz2:

Empress Of and Charli :clap3: 7 Years and c2.0 are incredibly underrated! I guess I get it though.

Even though I don't like the music of Allie's album, you're right at the cover being AMAZING. I wonder if you have a worst ALBUM cover too...

wtf is that Jordin single cover :deadbanana: and I'm SCREAMING at the Lana single cover being used as a Facebook mum post template jsklhdkslajdlsaj IT'S SO FITTING

• ATRL Moderator

Manic iconic!

WORST SINGLE COVER

Jordin Sparks "Red Sangria"

Lana Del Rey "Let Me Love You Like a Woman"

16583daef09943070a676f943d84d69e.1000x1000x1.jpgLana_Del_Rey_Let_Me_Love_You_Like_a_Woman_single_art.jpg

For the 1st time ever, it's a tie!!! And congrats to Lana for winning this two years in a row!

Okay fine, Red Sangria is noticably worse but you know your cover

is bad when it's turned into a template for Facebook moms :rip:

8VxRV09.jpg

reefvsvs; i screamed

and no, i won't bother to size down the pics

HIFN :clap3: Manic :clap3: not the best work from them, but I adored these :alexz: 

Lana' single cover still bothers me so much :deadbanana4:

Those are honestly not the worst single covers I seen this year lol

empress of and halsey are cute. manic is kind of halsey's first listenable album 

how i'm feeling now needs more praise tbh!!

the lana cover :bibliahh: i saw a comment on tiktok mocking the cover "picsart is a dangerous thing for lana to have - but she has it" :bibliahh:

I listened to Apart only once and don't remember many tracks, but your top 2 were definitely the ones I liked the most, In a Strangers Arms is great

I wonder if Lana is just trolling us or if she actually thinks those covers are good :rip:

On 12/10/2020 at 11:14 PM, Remmy said:

148. Ariana Grande "positions" [1 song left]
137. JoJo "Man" [1 song left]
130. Pussycat Dolls "React" [0 songs left]

Positions this low? Blasphemy

16 hours ago, Remmy said:

35. Lennon Stella 'Three. Two. One.' [[Cute]]
Trinity: 1. Fear of Being Alone • 2. Much Too Much • 3. Bend Over Backwards
Bottom 3: 11. Goodnight • 12. Pretty Boy • 13. Weakness (Huey Lewis)
Thoughts~ Her EP was easily better, but there's some good tracks to pick out of here.

vo3dfIo.png

I thought this was cute too, it also made my list although that's not the trinity I would have selected.

Addressing the Controversy

I know that we've all been having a ton of fun so far but it is time to put the celebrations on pause because there is an issue that I have to address. Ever since I revealed the On Deck portion of my Best Singles list, I have received death threats, glitter bombs in my P.O. box, and my numbers on Twitter and YouTube have dropped drastically.

All of this was because Jessie Ware's "Spotlight" missed my main list (aka the top 125.) "Spotlight" was the first 2020 single from her latest release, 'What's Your Pleasure?', and it has been a massive favorite in this section, and just in general. I've always enjoyed the song, but simply preferred plenty of other tracks on the album. I also found myself appreciating the edited version more, which is over a minute shorter than the one that starts off the tracklist. Admittedly, I didn't really listen to either of them enough, which made it easy for me to put it at an undeserved position. After seeing "Spotlight" show up in so many other threads, I decided to give it (specifically the shorter one) a little revisit, which made me immediately regret my decision.

I know that my actions have caused a lot of damage and they are truly irreversable. This is especially true because it is simply too late to edit my Best Singles list at this point in time. BUT, Jessie does have 2 more entries on the way and I can promise that you will not be seeing them anytime soon. On top of that, she will have more appearances in several other categories. All I can say is that I feel terribly sorry this all happened. I was so young when this all occurred and I never thought it would have this kind of impact on people. I also apologize to anyone that felt offended for some reason. I just hope we can move past this and see it as a silly mistake.

Thank you,
Remmy

spotlight.jpg

The Jessie Army does not play :fan: 

that Lana artwork is tragic but I dont care about that. 
i have to say my favorite artwork this year is Moses Sumney’s album. 

51 minutes ago, Remmy said:

Addressing the Controversy

I know that we've all been having a ton of fun so far but it is time to put the celebrations on pause because there is an issue that I have to address. Ever since I revealed the On Deck portion of my Best Singles list, I have received death threats, glitter bombs in my P.O. box, and my numbers on Twitter and YouTube have dropped drastically.

All of this was because Jessie Ware's "Spotlight" missed my main list (aka the top 125.) "Spotlight" was the first 2020 single from her latest release, 'What's Your Pleasure?', and it has been a massive favorite in this section, and just in general. I've always enjoyed the song, but simply preferred plenty of other tracks on the album. I also found myself appreciating the edited version more, which is over a minute shorter than the one that starts off the tracklist. Admittedly, I didn't really listen to either of them enough, which made it easy for me to put it at an undeserved position. After seeing "Spotlight" show up in so many other threads, I decided to give it (specifically the shorter one) a little revisit, which made me immediately regret my decision.

I know that my actions have caused a lot of damage and they are truly irreversable. This is especially true because it is simply too late to edit my Best Singles list at this point in time. BUT, Jessie does have 2 more entries on the way and I can promise that you will not be seeing them anytime soon. On top of that, she will have more appearances in several other categories. All I can say is that I feel terribly sorry this all happened. I was so young when this all occurred and I never thought it would have this kind of impact on people. I also apologize to anyone that felt offended for some reason. I just hope we can move past this and see it as a silly mistake.

Thank you,
Remmy

spotlight.jpg

Thank you for understanding your mistakes and addressing the issue, we appreciate it :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.