BlackoutZone's Best of 2020 | FINISHED

BlackoutZone

babylon is fine but kinda overrated

heart of glass lowkey the best song on plastic hearts :dies: 

idk why i'm not really impressed with english loona! 

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlackoutZone

• Blue Rose

• Legend E

• Psycho

Babylon, Love Not Loving You and Heart Of Glass are all nice but I don't stan :keir: Murphy's Law massive bop :clap3:

I only know Fkn Around from that Levitating edit :toofunny3: cute bop tho :jamming: love to see Wonho thirsting as well

U2WzwYR.gif

love Ghosting so much :jonny5: one of their best bsides but it sounds kinda sad to me so I listen to the title track more :emofish: 

Nothing On Me is nice but kinda dated, I prefer Mmh :keir: Criminal indeed a massive banger :jonny5: best song from the era

Star lowkey underperforming, especially considering its Loona :emofish: Soul Lady whew, the whole album is amazing front to back :smitten:

On 12/9/2020 at 9:13 AM, BlackoutZone said:

the production is immaculate,

I agree with you there. The chorus was kind of odd, but the intro and verses were pretty cool.

First of all, hi, I love you even though you kinda hate Gaga

Take Yourself Home, Love Me Land, Babylon and Heart of Glass are my favorites out of the choices so far. All amazing songs!

I was kinda shocked to see you include a song from Positions, cause imo this album is so so bad.

Also, at some point I saw some members posting about Say Something, and I thought it was about Kylie's song, and I was like "no wayyyy it's out already!!!". Thankfully I was right :bibliahh:

Spoiler

On 12/9/2020 at 3:18 PM, ikiru said:

omg the 1-2-3-4-5 punch, flawless update :jonny5:

I absolutely adore all the songs, and I‘m glad to see some Yukika love! :heart2:

Ah period :jonny5: I can spoil that there will be more

On 12/9/2020 at 3:23 PM, luckystrike said:

Criminal and Star absolute collapses :WAP:

Stan kpop excellecen :WAP: 

On 12/9/2020 at 3:35 PM, Valtersen said:

:jonny5: don't really know kpop so can't wait to see the full top 50 songs list :clap3:

Well it's coming now!

On 12/9/2020 at 4:11 PM, Enigmanotta said:

All of them but especially SE-OUL LADY, the absolute taste :clap3:

Clockwork begs to differ...

oaJ2g351.thumb.jpg.a3f4510658f0741a6b932

Cockwerk cute, but not on this level plz

On 12/9/2020 at 4:11 PM, Psycho said:

All great :clap3:

Star much lower than I thought you would have it :eek:

And it's Looney Tunes last song on my list oop :mandown:

On 12/9/2020 at 4:17 PM, mokitsu said:

five 10/10 songs :jonny:  although i dont agree that criminal and nothing on me are the best :fan:

Ride Or Die could switch its place with NOM on a good day, but yeah Criminal untouchable!

On 12/9/2020 at 4:41 PM, Blue Rose said:

where is talent aka Sunmi? 

Girl she's coming

On 12/9/2020 at 4:55 PM, bestfiction said:

Star and Soul Lady :clap3:

ghosting was definitely the best song from the txt EP

Period

On 12/9/2020 at 5:19 PM, fireaero said:

Pporippippam made the top 10? :jonny5:

of course it did bestie

On 12/9/2020 at 5:56 PM, austinsuxx said:

yukika fans rise ahhhhh deserved top 10 then :WAP:

:fan: 

21 hours ago, 1998tweety said:

Love Yukika the queen of city pop, the whole album was immaculate but Soul Lady was def the standout. Kai, Taemin, and TXT eating as well; boys kinda served this year huh. :yum:

They rally did, I'm surprised how many of them made my list this year

19 hours ago, KasioKas said:

Miley's album was dope!

I liked it too, her best

18 hours ago, Hug said:

I really wish I liked Criminal more. I assume it's just Taemin's "style", but I don't care for how his vocals get drowned in production due to them being so light. I love the ~energy~ of Criminal, though! 

Star is, IMO, LOONA's best OT12 song and the only thing that could really hope to compete with the solos pre-debut. It really surprised me (in a good way) how much better the English version of the song is. Star and voice are the same song, yet Star just feels stronger.

I might have to revisit Yukika's album because...while I like it, most city pop doesn't hit instantly for me. I like it well enough, but it doesn't really floor me or anything. From that album, Shade was actually my favorite because it took a darker approach to city pop which is something I need explored more! Still, to deny Yukika made a good city pop record would be delusional, and I think she started something in K-Pop. :clap3:

Production definitely carries it, but it's just amazing

I don't think it strikes me as much as Colors, Butterfly, Where You At, but it's definitely their best since XX. I'm also proud of their english :clap3:

City pop is a very delicate genre, perhaps it requires certain mood, but ngl Shade is my favorite song of the album and absolute masterpiece so I can agree here

18 hours ago, Green said:

I love Miley's cover of Heart of Glass :jamming: 

Babylon is cute  :giraffe:

It's really great

14 hours ago, Legend E said:

MENTAL ILLNESS

I'LL CONTINUE WITH THIS FONT THEN TO MAKE YOUR THREAD UGLY JUST LIKE MINE

THE LOONA SONG WAS QUITE GOOD BUT NO MORE K-POP PLEASE THANK YOU BYE

She's mad everyone!

10 hours ago, Ewan Chaos said:

:deadbanana: 

I actually can comment this time: YES YUKIKA YES TALENT!!!!!!!!!

Also I thought about it a bit more, I'll give Miley a bit more credit for Heart of Glass for making it her own instead of just trying to copy/paste Debbie's style. Still not for me though! WHATALAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Yukika getting universal acclaim :clap3:

Ahh exactly, that's why I appreciate it more than any regular cover :clap3:

7 hours ago, Lazuli said:

babylon is fine but kinda overrated

heart of glass lowkey the best song on plastic hearts :dies: 

idk why i'm not really impressed with english loona! 

I'm not saying it's the best, cause it's still a cover and I love the original, but it's certainly better than several songs, impressice, cause it's literally a live recording

5 hours ago, K$Ellie said:

Babylon, Love Not Loving You and Heart Of Glass are all nice but I don't stan :keir: Murphy's Law massive bop :clap3:

I only know Fkn Around from that Levitating edit :toofunny3: cute bop tho :jamming: love to see Wonho thirsting as well

U2WzwYR.gif

love Ghosting so much :jonny5: one of their best bsides but it sounds kinda sad to me so I listen to the title track more :emofish: 

Nothing On Me is nice but kinda dated, I prefer Mmh :keir: Criminal indeed a massive banger :jonny5: best song from the era

Star lowkey underperforming, especially considering its Loona :emofish: Soul Lady whew, the whole album is amazing front to back :smitten:

FF that's how I discovered it, but that Levitating remix is actually amazing too soo :mandown:

Probably their second best b-side after we know what :mandown:

Wow mega disagree, Mmmh is kinda hated from what I noticed which I also disagree with, but NOM is such a smash

I'm treating Star as a gift for the fans since we got them to BB :mandown:

3 hours ago, Sunderland 4ever said:

I agree with you there. The chorus was kind of odd, but the intro and verses were pretty cool.

It's not a perfect song, but the production vibrates me, such a dynamic tune

16 minutes ago, geodancefreak said:

First of all, hi, I love you even though you kinda hate Gaga

Take Yourself Home, Love Me Land, Babylon and Heart of Glass are my favorites out of the choices so far. All amazing songs!

I was kinda shocked to see you include a song from Positions, cause imo this album is so so bad.

Also, at some point I saw some members posting about Say Something, and I thought it was about Kylie's song, and I was like "no wayyyy it's out already!!!". Thankfully I was right :bibliahh:

I don't hate Gaga :jonny2: She just fell to me quality wise and I definitely HATE many monsters, especially those stuck in the past :mandown: But tysm :heart:

Oh God everyone who knows me a bit here can easily predict how high Kylie's SS will be :mandown: and yeah as I said positions was rather weak, but SN is just too good for me!

Thanks for checking the whole list!

Top 30 arriving!

7fEHuh2.jpg

I was debating which song from RAYE's new great euphoric pop project should make the list and Please Don't Touch seems to be the one, but like... literally any other song apart from All Dressed Up could be there on some other day, she gave me exactly what I wanted with this little album.

XJer8EQ.jpg

A song (and video) that got me into Moses and even though the album was great it still remains the strongest singular track. His vibrant vocals nearly work as an instrument here, amazing track.

XBNw4bZ.jpg

Some of the tracks on this list feel more like representatives of their respective projects with RAYE being a good example. Come Over also is one! Dagny's whole album was an amazing, quite cohesive piece of scandi-pop. I don't really know which song of it to put as an ultimate highlight as nearly all are great, but Come Over has the most plays and was a perfect lead choice.

Abr0u1B.jpg

Good I just mentioned that some tracks on my list are more of representatives of their full projects rather just singular stand outs, cause Comeback is yet another one. I won't start on how great good to know is, cause y'all hate it anyway, but Comeback is an undeniable highlight and most sexually intense track, loving that! Man was also a close one to make a list.

cjeiuPl.jpg

I noticed Cape God is very underrated on this site, but I hope most of us agree that Susie Save Your Love is a stand out. Fresh Laundry definitely remains my favorite overall, but Susie is nearly just as good. Thank you Shitski!

I need to hear Virile in a stadium. The sound is perfect for it. An anthem :jonny5:

I agree, it’s probably the best song on the album (there are other contenders) but it’s going to miss my countdown since I overplayed it last year when it came out. A Blinding Lights tea 

RAYE :worship2: She's underrated, but keeps delivering always. (And the radios love her also. :chick1:)

Idc about K-pop either. :chick1:

Oh **** i need to catch up omg :skull:

Oh Yes (I Am) & Can't You See Me their acclaim :clap3:

Open Mind is really good as a debut single. Aside from his blantant thrist trap and queer baiting (i mean her baited me, so i guess it's still queer bait in the end), the bass intro gave me life Vanessa_Hudgens_I'm_So_Into_voguing_right_now.mp3

---

Love Not Loving You, Murphy's Law & Babylon acclaim :clap3:

Heart of Glass cover is so good. I remember when it went viral on twitter. But i guess those 200K+ people who liked those tweets didn't but the album. I'm fuming!! :angry:

---

Star is Blinding Lights little sister alongside with La Di Da whew :clap3:

---

Come Over & Susie Save Your Love :clap3:

I remeber Please Don't Touch is one of the most played on phone earlier this year, i really don't deserves RAYE at this point  :dies:

1 hour ago, BlackoutZone said:

7fEHuh2.jpg

I was debating which song from RAYE's new great euphoric pop project should make the list and Please Don't Touch seems to be the one, but like... literally any other song apart from All Dressed Up could be there on some other day, she gave me exactly what I wanted with this little album.

Abr0u1B.jpg

Good I just mentioned that some tracks on my list are more of representatives of their full projects rather just singular stand outs, cause Comeback is yet another one. I won't start on how great good to know is, cause y'all hate it anyway, but Comeback is an undeniable highlight and most sexually intense track, loving that! Man was also a close one to make a list.

I LOVE good to know, i'm so surprised by the comments. Please don't touch is cute.

Come Over is pop excellence :clap3:Susie Save Your Love is cute too, they surprisingly work well together 2jYn8pb.thumb.gif.2d100664ec9d28376b1482

Yes Mitski yes good songs 

Please Don’t Touch and Susie Save Your Love such collapses :WAP:  Come Over cute bop, not my fave on the album but it’s good, 

Is that mitski slander I see? :eye: Susie Save Your Love i've seen on many lists so yeah they probably agree with you. 

Shitskichdslhsdfjdslkfj why did I scream. Hated Allie's album (I guess not enough to put on my bottom list... just was boring as hell), but Susie is my favorite pick too!

Virile is a great Moses pick too, but not quite my favorite from Grae :mandown:

Please Don't Touch :clap3:

• ATRL Moderator

She's mad everyone!

yes, i'm a mad legend!

please don't touch is cute, susie too

I'm familiar with all the artists except Moses Sumney (although he sounds interesting), but I don't know any of the particular songs :dancehall:

Haven't been interested in Dagny or Raye, maybe they'll catch my attention someday

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.