Psycho's Best Of 2020 | FINISHED!

Psycho

I just came from rating HAIM's album. What a coincidence! From the songs list, Celebrate You, Hallucinate and The Steps are my faves.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Psycho

• BlackoutZone

• mokitsu

• Alex

how I'm feeling now + Women In Music have some strong standouts but don't leave me satisfied overall. forever, visions, I Know Alone getting shoutouts :heart: 

mirrorball & The Steps :smile: Ooh La La, Love I'm Given, Cry About It Later, Comme des Garçons :jamming: Brightest Blue lovely album closer mmm. Only Love, Do It, Rain On Me, Somebody, Hallucinate, Joan of Arc, Susie Save Your Love :date: :date: :date: But not you saying Mitski washed Allie, they lowkey sounded the same :skull: It took around 3 listens for me to even notice a difference between them.

The Steps, Brightest Blue, Celebrate You (I think this was one of my favorites from the album even though I don't see it getting many mentions)

Need to hear Lifetime

Women in Music we stan, I like plenty of album tracks more than Summer Girl at least though :mandown:

#7 Album and #70-61 Songs next x

A681FDA1-D57C-4CED-B03B-7743A4528C3E.thumb.gif.f338358f79f1234d7b0bbd4bc0f354e7.gif

23 hours ago, dangerousalex said:

Allahucinate 

Delete Forever

Comme des Garçons (Like the Boys)

Brightest Blue

7n4Cc3R.jpg

23 hours ago, mokitsu said:

WIMPIII great album, good to see in it the top 10 :clap3:

all 10 songs are great too :clap3: yes romy yes bops

mokitsu

23 hours ago, dreamofyou said:

these are Bangerz (by Miley Cyrus):flower:

An album :clap3:

23 hours ago, jpow said:

Oh wow at this update :jonny4:

Hallucinate, CDG, Lifetime truly dance excellence 

JOAOTDF is one of the best sings of the entire year.  I wish Aly & AJ would stick with that sound more for their upcoming releases instead of going all Miley Malibu on us :rip: 

Yeah Slow Dancing was disappointing

23 hours ago, Staryu said:

Wow another update where I know and like all the songs except 1 :alexz: idk the Romy song but maybe i'll give it a listen 

It's dance pop excellence :katie2:

22 hours ago, Blue Rose said:

Comme Des Garcons too low :jonny5:

Romy’s Lifetime :heart: 

I placed CDG higher than you :thing:

22 hours ago, 1998tweety said:

SPILL, CAIL is a massive serve, totally should've been a single. Lowkey Commes des Garcons did age a bit huh...still bops though. Nice to see indie pop queen Dagny getting the respect she deserves. :clap3:

:clap3:

22 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

Hallahcinate :clap3:

Honestly all these songs are REALLY good outside of Joan which I still hate and The Steps which is really low in my ranking of WIMP :fan: 

I still don't get how you can hate Joan :deadbanana2:

22 hours ago, Post Malone said:

Not CAIL and Hallucinate THIS low

8cPeZet.png8cPeZet.png

Yup yup!

8cPeZet.png

22 hours ago, Enigmanotta said:

Does this mean it's OVER for the HAIM mentions? :duca:

They still have 2 songs left :gaycat6:

22 hours ago, Madame X said:

i think what made me sour on the haim album is that now im in it and summer girl are SO GOOD.  like, classic songs to me.  and then you relegate them to bonus tracks and go down a diff direction? :biblio: 

omg yes, delete forever and joan of arc on the dance floor.  a bit low aren't they?

Agreed on the HAIM album :shakeno:

20 hours ago, JGibson said:

Joan of Arc on the Dance Floor + The Steps :heart2: 

Big bops :heart2:

19 hours ago, TheWayWeWere said:

I like STTTLY as well :jonny: but Women in Music is masterpiece :jonny: 

Delete Forever is one of my favorite Grimes song tbh :jonny:

Celebrate You is amazing closing track to DISCO :jonny: 

All of this :clap3:

17 hours ago, hjelp said:

YAS HAIM! Their album took a bit to get into I admit, but now I love it even if the vynil is taking forever to arrive

And glad u liked Lifetime :allears: 

:allears:

16 hours ago, luckystrike said:

hated the Haim album :psyduck: all of the songs absolute SMASHES though (except for the Haim one :fan:)

Basic gays not wanted :gaycat6:

13 hours ago, Legend E said:

it's literally just noise sister

legends in music too low

celebrate you is my fave album track from Discosus, hallucinate, joan of arc, the steps, brightest blue, cry about it later :clap3: 

Excellent noise :gaycat6:

12 hours ago, Ewan Chaos said:

I find the HAIM album both overrated and underrated... I have no idea how to explain it. I GUESS I think it is getting way too much praise, but the people who don't like it are also kinda doing the most. Oh also, I literally block out "bonus tracks" whenever I play them from the album nnn they CLEARLY are meant to be part of the full record since Summer Girl swings RIGHT back into Los Angeles. Clearly intentional.

Celebrate You! Lovely pick; makes me a little emotional when I dance and enjoy it.

MPDr7Yf.gif

They knew what they were doing with those "bonus" tracks that's for sure

MPDr7Yf.gif

12 hours ago, Ava Max said:

Hallucinate :clap3:

A comment so far :clap3:

10 hours ago, Sunderland 4ever said:

I just came from rating HAIM's album. What a coincidence! From the songs list, Celebrate You, Hallucinate and The Steps are my faves.

:clap3:

10 hours ago, Remmy said:

how I'm feeling now + Women In Music have some strong standouts but don't leave me satisfied overall. forever, visions, I Know Alone getting shoutouts :heart: 

mirrorball & The Steps :smile: Ooh La La, Love I'm Given, Cry About It Later, Comme des Garçons :jamming: Brightest Blue lovely album closer mmm. Only Love, Do It, Rain On Me, Somebody, Hallucinate, Joan of Arc, Susie Save Your Love :date: :date: :date: But not you saying Mitski washed Allie, they lowkey sounded the same :skull: It took around 3 listens for me to even notice a difference between them.

Hmm they do sound kinda similar on SSYL. A Kim x Charli tea

6 hours ago, potent said:

The Steps, Brightest Blue, Celebrate You (I think this was one of my favorites from the album even though I don't see it getting many mentions)

Need to hear Lifetime

Women in Music we stan, I like plenty of album tracks more than Summer Girl at least though :mandown:

Summer Girl grower classic :mandown:

nQSNx9x.png

#7. The Weeknd - After Hours

The Weeknd – After Hours Lyrics | Genius Lyrics

Favorites: Blinding Lights, After Hours, Faith

The only man to appear on this list :clap3:The production on this album is immaculate, it really deserves a full listen with good headphones and no distractions. He deserves all the acclaim and success he gets, King of Pop #F**kTheGrammys

0emMGil.png

#70. Sam Smith - Kids Again

This song is really beautiful, the lyrics in the chorus hit hard :emofish: The song has a classic feel to it, they snapped :clap3:

#69. Dagny - Let Me Cry

Another synth-bop with an excellent chorus :katie2:

#68. Ava Max - Who's Laughing Now

Her first appearance of many :fan: A nice reggae bop with a great guitar solo bridge and collapse of a final chorus. Kind of weak when compared to the other singles from the album though

#67. Charli XCX - Visions

This is a song I didn't expect to make my year end list but here we are. It's a great album closer and my 2nd favorite from the album. The extended outro is amazing and I love the way it ends. The song sums up the entire album well

#66. Ava Max - My Head & My Heart

One of the newest songs in this list, but an obligatory entry. The sample was an excellent choice and I fear this will smash in Europe in the coming months :katie2:She kinda did what Ga Ga was trying to do with Chromatica :gaygacat3:

#65. Halsey - finally // beautiful stranger

Another song I didn't expect to make the list. It didn't capture my attention until a few weeks ago when I did a re-listen of the album for a rate. The melody is really neat. She should continue with the sound shown here and in YSBS and work more with Greg Kurstin (one of my fave producers)

#64. Tove Lo - Bikini Pörn

This song seems forgettable when I think of it but whenever I listen I'm reminded again that it's great. The production is cool and washed Billie

#63. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar

This was cute when he released it as a promo single in 2019 (feels like ages ago) but it definitely clicked in 2020. Big summer bop and one of four songs that I use from that album

#62. Bree Runway - Damn Daniel (with Yung Baby Tate)

Her best song, I fear. Not only do the rap parts slap, but the final chorus goes all the way off. Shouts out to bestie @dangerousalex for spamming about her in the Discord :gaycat6:

#61. Astrid S - Dance Dance Dance

As far as Spotipop (songs by pop girls with no hits and little personality that are designed to be Spotify playlist filler songs) goes, this is great. The only song that I use from her tragic album. Too short tho

Serving taste with After Hours :clap3: 

Kids Again has been growing on me :duca: 

im always rooting for Sam :heart:

Some great songs, Let Me Cry acclaim :clap3:

Let me stay quiet on Ava picks :fan:

After Hours is definitely a good album, but it drags a bit especially with the deluxe edition that adds nothing. The production is definitely great tho, he was snubbed

never listened to that they/thems song, charli, halsey and tove's sings outdid the others tho

2jYn8pb.thumb.gif.2d100664ec9d28376b1482

Who’s Laughing Now aged badly for me 
I never liked that Halsey song :pancake:

But major taste with After Hours

2jYn8pb.thumb.gif.2d100664ec9d28376b1482

53 minutes ago, Psycho said:

nQSNx9x.png

#7. The Weeknd - After Hours

The Weeknd – After Hours Lyrics | Genius Lyrics

Favorites: Blinding Lights, After Hours, Faith

The only man to appear on this list :clap3:The production on this album is immaculate, it really deserves a full listen with good headphones and no distractions. He deserves all the acclaim and success he gets, King of Pop #F**kTheGrammys

I guess No Fine Line :noparty:

Love Not Loving You :clap3:

Joan of Arc on the Dance Floor :clap3:

Well there's way to many listed for me to go through it all but great choices so far.

I never heard HAIM so I can't comment on that and I think I need to check out Danny's album. I will revisit Charli XCX too cause I guess I didn't give it a fair shot

When did Bikini p*rn come out I coulda swore its been over 2 yrs lol

Well what do we have here Psycho

Solid picks for albums so far, I get that WIM3 is a bit messier than its predecessors but I luv it

Souvenir, Save Your Tears, In Your Eyes, Ooh La La, Hallucinate, Delete Forever, Comme Des Garcons are classiques 

Supernova is an overproduced mess (but boppy) and Crackstink eclipsed Fad on Sour Candy if you ask me

After hours is really a great album, even with the Grammys snub, I'm glad it's getting praise all over :smitten:

Watermelon sugar :gaycat5:

After Hours :clap3: probably my least favorite record from him, but still very strong album

Watermelon Sugar :alex: I'm so happy for his success

Bikini P is cute jam :katie2: 

• ATRL Moderator

yung baby tate on damn daniel is just :jonny: i dont know why but i get my life when her verse begins.  its not bree's best song though..  her best video tho, reminds me of buffalo stance by neneh cherry.

weeknd holding it together for men :clap3:  he's better than harry.

Love to see 2 placements from Godva although I would've swapped their positions. Damn Daniel one of my fav songs of the year too, black queens ate that up. Kids Again was cute, one of my favs from the album. Sam's album was kinda slept on unfortunately. :sleep:

Who's Laughing Now, My Head & My Heart, Finally // Beautiful Stranger, Bikini ****, Watermelon Sugar

So many good songs :WAP::WAP:

My Head & My Heart is soooo good, it'll be appearing on my 2021 list for sure 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.