jpow’s best of 2020 | FINISHED

khalyan

• ATRL Moderator

12 hours ago, Insanity said:

I did never listen to CFN yet 

You should it's a good little dance project

12 hours ago, Insanity said:

Funny I typed euphoric songs earlier and Euphoric sad songs came up but I didn't listen to it I didn't know its an album. Maybe ill check it out

Whew yes it's top tier pop you'll love it

11 hours ago, Mezik said:

Club Future Nostalgia was an interesting move, I love how dedicated Dua is to this era. :duca: 

I also love how I get to take notes down for albums to listen too, there's a lot of interesting albums you listed thus far (even only after two updates) and am excited to see the rest. :dancehall: 

Dua's dedication to this era is reminding me of Katy and Gaga back in the early 2010s.  It's so nice to see :clap3: 

10 hours ago, Madame X said:

I don’t know #11.  Who is she??

roisin and yelle too low! But your top 2 from yelle is the CORRECT choice.  :clap3:

Khruangbin is a Texas band that's very unique with their sound.  They typically make instrumental music and their songs has been used in several commercials this year like Miller Lite or Dos Equis.  Mordechai was their first vocal album and Time (You & I) is a great chill disco-esque bop.  I really enjoy their music when I need some music to play in the background while I concentrate on work or studying.

Yelle is such a quality producing legend, she never disappoints :clap3: 

9 hours ago, Ewan Chaos said:

You'll see my top Empress Of picks on my Best Of :mandown: Though actually U Give It Up may be top 3 now that I think about it...

Wow Khrangbin is so high! I thought the album was OKAY, Time especially being flawless, but the Leon EP was better. Roisin and Yelle... come on now, legends. Happy to see them included.

I didn't get into the Leon EP as much as I did Mordechai but let me try to revisit. 

4 hours ago, Lazuli said:

I appreciate that it was a return to her usual sound but I actually really liked Us too :eli: 

Roisin's album was cute too, Khruangbin's album was boring as hell 

Khruangbin can be very hit or miss IMO, but I'm glad we agree Roisin slayed :clap3: 

4 hours ago, mokitsu said:

i know most of these, but i don't use them. i've seen mordechai like twice now i have to check them out :eek:

Yes!  Check out one of my replies above with a link to their lead from Mordechai it's great :clap3: 

3 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

I was a bit obsessed with WOMB for a few days, but that faded so quickly, however my top 2 would be the same :clap3:

LOVE to see CFN and Roisin :clap3:

I kinda went through the same feelings with WOMB which is why it only made the Bubbling Under list.

9 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

Love all these :WAP:

Taste :jonny5:

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• khalyan

• Blue Rose

• madonnas

• Ewan Chaos

• ATRL Moderator
7 minutes ago, Insanity said:

The worst song I've ever heard :ace:

It makes Yummy good

Lies 

Dance Monkey is top there is a reason it slayed so much when released :clap3: 

Club Future Nostalgia definitely grew on me, Blessed Madonna did that

Euphoric Sad Songs is great aside from Secrets :clap3:

• ATRL Moderator
8 minutes ago, Psycho said:

Club Future Nostalgia definitely grew on me, Blessed Madonna did that

Euphoric Sad Songs is great aside from Secrets :clap3:

Have you heard the Secrets demo?  It’s so much better and fits perfectly among the other tracks! 

• ATRL Moderator

jpow's top albums of 2020

#10-#06

Christine_and_the_Queens_-_La_vita_nuova.pngLa_Roux_-_Supervision.pngEllie_Goulding_%E2%80%93_Brightest_Blue_(Official_Album_Cover).pngKylie_Minogue_-_Disco.pngTennis_Swimmer.png

10 | La vita nuova - Christine & the Queens

top songs - People I've been sad, I disappear in your arms

09 | Supervision - La Roux

top songs - Automatic Driver, 21st Century

08 | Brightest Blue - Ellie Goulding

top songs - Power, Tides

07 | DISCO - Kylie Minogue

top songs - Supernova, Real Groove

06 | Swimmer - Tennis

top songs - How to Forgive, Runner

so happy to see BB love :jonny: didn't really care for La Roux but everything else is amazing and high on my list as well

I definitely think Brightest Blue has been underrated by ATRL this year just due to the number of releases we've gotten. It's a good pick. 

I should give Roisin Murphy's album a second chance. 

BB :clap3:Power & Tides stanning :clap3:

DISCO :clap3:

I remember liking Runner but didn't hear the Tennis album

18 minutes ago, jpow said:

06 | Swimmer - Tennis

I will have both albums high on my YECD too. The deluxe tracks are as top notch as the songs that made Kylie's main album.

Edited by Sunderland 4ever

I've been meaning to listen to Ellie's album. Still have yet to do it :priceless:

On 11/29/2020 at 10:39 PM, jpow said:

Wow TASTE legend :clap3:

3 hours ago, jpow said:

jpow's top albums of 2020

#10-#06

Christine_and_the_Queens_-_La_vita_nuova.pngLa_Roux_-_Supervision.pngEllie_Goulding_%E2%80%93_Brightest_Blue_(Official_Album_Cover).pngKylie_Minogue_-_Disco.pngTennis_Swimmer.png

10 | La vita nuova - Christine & the Queens

top songs - People I've been sad, I disappear in your arms

09 | Supervision - La Roux

top songs - Automatic Driver, 21st Century

08 | Brightest Blue - Ellie Goulding

top songs - Power, Tides

06 | Swimmer - Tennis

Ellie Goulding and Kylie are on my list too!

Nawt CFN, at least Love IS Religion was super cute :jamming: the Raye album had some massive bops too, different standouts tho

ozqMI6U.gif

I gotta revisit Roisin cause I rated her quite high but I haven't felt like listening since the week it came out :emofish:

Brightest Blue was a return to form :jonny: Tides and Power are probs my top 2 as well :katie2: ahhhh Real Groove for Disco :jonny5:

Christine & the Queens appearing somewhere :jonny5: she is very underrated

Ellie and Kylie :clap3: I need to give Kylie's album some more listens, but there are plenty of bops

• ATRL Moderator
10 hours ago, Insanity said:

The worst song I've ever heard :ace:

It makes Yummy good

I've heard worse (see:  any Camila Cabello or Selena Gomez song)

DISCO yass stan Supernova

ozqMI6U.gif

Dula + TBM (it should be higher!), Empress Of, Roisin :clap3: 

This is the second list I've seen Khruangbin on and I'm mad I missed their album this year (and the one before that dd). Con Todo El Mundo was v nice :allears:

Gotta listen to Christine. I had it saved but never got around to it.

I've also been so hesitant to check out Aluna's album. AlunaGeorge kinda fell off for me after their debut so I'm not sure what to expect from solo Aluna.

Wish I liked the Tennis album more but I felt the singles they dropped were so much better than the album overall :emofish:

Xtine & the Polacheks YAAAAAAAAAS. La Roux! I don't feel like I'll see them in many Best Ofs after the lashing but I'm glad to see you enjoyed it! I liked it more than I recall after checking it out last month.

Kylie & Tennis, both also amazing albums and really good song picks for both.

Ellie :emofish:

THE DISCO RECOGNITION. :alexz: 

Kylie came back with FIRE, and it's so reminiscent of her early work. Truly a phenomenal album. :heart2: 

Brightest Blue is a cute effort too, definitely better than Ellie's last album. :shakeno:

Disco is really damn cute. Kylie really got sick of forgetful floppage and came through this time around. We love to see it.

Not a fan of La Roux album, I don't think I ever listened to the full after hearing random songs and not liking any :emofish:

And I definitely plan to listen to Swimmer finally ff, it's been like half a year since it came out hasn't it nnn

Other 3 are GREAT :clap3:

18 hours ago, jpow said:

Swimmer - Tennis

SHOOK :jonny:

• ATRL Moderator

19 hours ago, mokitsu said:

so happy to see BB love :jonny: didn't really care for La Roux but everything else is amazing and high on my list as well

La Roux didn't stand out at the time but it holds up pretty good IMO!

19 hours ago, Rotunda said:

I definitely think Brightest Blue has been underrated by ATRL this year just due to the number of releases we've gotten. It's a good pick. 

I should give Roisin Murphy's album a second chance. 

Ellie was definitely overshadowed by other releases here, and it doesn't help that her label barely wanted her to release the album and Ellie did absolutely no promo for it after it was released.  We deserved a few more music videos from the tracks on the first side!

19 hours ago, Psycho said:

BB :clap3:Power & Tides stanning :clap3:

DISCO :clap3:

I remember liking Runner but didn't hear the Tennis album

The Tennis album is perfect to listen to when it's really cold outside, so go stream it for winter!

19 hours ago, Sunderland 4ever said:

I will have both albums high on my YECD too. The deluxe tracks are as top notch as the songs that made Kylie's main album.

Kylie really did that this year :clap3: 

18 hours ago, gagacasanova said:

I've been meaning to listen to Ellie's album. Still have yet to do it :priceless:

It's worth it!  It's a cute mix of Delirium and Halcyon. 

18 hours ago, diogozsz said:

Amazing albums :clap3:

Reveal hidden contents

+ that terrible La Roux album 

No Elly shade pls :fish2:

18 hours ago, GreatestLoveofAll said:

Wow TASTE legend :clap3:

Kylie deserves everything :clap3: 

16 hours ago, dreamofyou said:

disco:clap3: yup yup yup

The way Kylie still stomps on the new pop girls :clap3: 

15 hours ago, Insanity said:

Ellie Goulding and Kylie are on my list too!

The mutual taste :clap3: 

14 hours ago, K$Ellie said:

Nawt CFN, at least Love IS Religion was super cute :jamming: the Raye album had some massive bops too, different standouts tho

ozqMI6U.gif

I gotta revisit Roisin cause I rated her quite high but I haven't felt like listening since the week it came out :emofish:

Brightest Blue was a return to form :jonny: Tides and Power are probs my top 2 as well :katie2: ahhhh Real Groove for Disco :jonny5:

CFN is cute!  I wish they would have released the unmixed album before the mixed version though.

Roisin's album to me definitely needs a certain mood for me to listen to the album but it's still so great :jonny:

13 hours ago, potent said:

Christine & the Queens appearing somewhere :jonny5: she is very underrated

Ellie and Kylie :clap3: I need to give Kylie's album some more listens, but there are plenty of bops

Christine deserves all the praise in the world :jonny:

12 hours ago, Legend E said:

I've heard worse (see:  any Camila Cabello or Selena Gomez song)

DISCO yass stan Supernova

ozqMI6U.gif

The Supernova stanning :clap3: 

Also love the Camila lashing :alexz3:

10 hours ago, Pink Matter said:

Dula + TBM (it should be higher!), Empress Of, Roisin :clap3: 

This is the second list I've seen Khruangbin on and I'm mad I missed their album this year (and the one before that dd). Con Todo El Mundo was v nice :allears:

Gotta listen to Christine. I had it saved but never got around to it.

I've also been so hesitant to check out Aluna's album. AlunaGeorge kinda fell off for me after their debut so I'm not sure what to expect from solo Aluna.

Wish I liked the Tennis album more but I felt the singles they dropped were so much better than the album overall :emofish:

Solo Aluna is cute!  Much more dance pop than what AlunaGeorge was releasing prior.  It feels more timeless and classic IMO

8 hours ago, Ewan Chaos said:

Xtine & the Polacheks YAAAAAAAAAS. La Roux! I don't feel like I'll see them in many Best Ofs after the lashing but I'm glad to see you enjoyed it! I liked it more than I recall after checking it out last month.

Kylie & Tennis, both also amazing albums and really good song picks for both.

Ellie :emofish:

La Roux definitely deserves more praise but I understand some people's disappointment after initial release.  I know Elly has already started working on LR4 so hopefully that gets here pretty quick!

6 hours ago, Mezik said:

THE DISCO RECOGNITION. :alexz: 

Kylie came back with FIRE, and it's so reminiscent of her early work. Truly a phenomenal album. :heart2: 

Brightest Blue is a cute effort too, definitely better than Ellie's last album. :shakeno:

I think I like Delirium more than BB (I'm a fan of shameless pop) but both records are great IMO :clap3:

I've been listening to Kylie's Love Affair a lot recently and it's crazy how much a song she released in 2002 can blend in with the songs she released in 2020

5 hours ago, Reinvention said:

Disco is really damn cute. Kylie really got sick of forgetful floppage and came through this time around. We love to see it.

The other early 00s pop girls wish they could stay as relevant as Kylie :clap3: 

4 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

Not a fan of La Roux album, I don't think I ever listened to the full after hearing random songs and not liking any :emofish:

And I definitely plan to listen to Swimmer finally ff, it's been like half a year since it came out hasn't it nnn

Other 3 are GREAT :clap3:

Definitely try to listen to Swimmer!  It's a pretty short record anyway and it's a very easy listen :heart2: 

1 hour ago, Blue Rose said:

SHOOK :jonny:

Love the Tennis stanning :clap3: 

20 minutes ago, Verge of Obscene said:

Brightest Blue :clap3: Christine :clap3:

Taste king :clap3: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.