Magical Christmas Mafia - Christmas Day: Misfit Yules Win!

Dessy

3wG8iEW.png

Prologue:

The North Pole is under threat. Santa Claus had no qualms about safety during a pandemic. But as a result, he could not allow his elves and reindeers to risk their health in the name of productivity. The Christmas magic at the North Pole have waned with the dual threat of the pandemic and global warming but Santa is determined to retain the magic of goodwill and happiness. 

Meanwhile near Whoville, The Grinch have sensed his opportunity to finally destroy Christmas. He assembled a team of powerhouses that will help him do just that...

In America, a legend’s power was growing. Much like Santa, Mariah Carey's power reaches its peak around Christmas. In fact, her power might be even stronger this year as more people simply just want to be with their loved ones as she so sing in her legendary song. She have recruited others who share her goal of making sure everyone is having a festive time no matter what. 

Concept:
This mafia game is a mostly closed set-up in which characters may or may not be known but all powers are hidden. There are TWO mafia teams in this game. This mechanic will be explained further in thread. No role-madness this time so please don't whine about not having some sort of power. Literally do NOT. Complain to your mother/father :biblio:

Gameplay:
For the most part this will function as a regular mafia game except the threat is double. 
Town wins when ALL threats have been eliminated.
One of the mafia wins when they reach parity with town AND eliminate the other mafia team. 
3P have their own hidden win condition. 

Looking for 25 - 28 players. If I get more than 28, I'll close sign-ups and start asking for subs. 

Mafia teams are "evenly matched" and that's your only hint. 

DLXRF4w.png

Phases will be 24/12 (24 hours Day, 12 hours night.) I am aiming for 6pm/6am MST for end of phases.

A countdown timer will be provided at the start of each phase. If for some reason I do not post at the end of phases, you are not to post in the thread past the deadline. 

12 hours can be difficult to check in sometimes so if you have an ability you can send in your action to me earlier before Night even start. 

- I expect to start around maybe next weekend. The game will probably go on for at least 2 weeks but most of you will probably be eliminated by then

YQCXZsU.png

Every player must place a vote. Failure to vote twice in a role will result in your disqualification/replacement. 

To make it a bit more fun, both Gift Wrap Dessy or Lynch Dessy will be valid votes.

Be sure to bold and underline your vote or it will not be counted.

NuSiVRe.png

The following are grounds for DQ:

- Failure to vote for a player twice in a row as stated above.

- Failure to make 3 substantive posts each cycle (1 Day + Night Phase).

A substantive post is basically any post that isn't just fluff, votes, or one-liners. Activity have been a problem in past mafia games and this is literally all it takes to at least appear to be contributing each day. I WILL be tracking how many of these posts yall are making, so I will warn you first if you are missing this.

- Targeted harassment, bullying, name-calling, etc. No tolerance here, instant dq. Simply don't be rude. 

- Posting yours or other role cards will result in immediate DQ. 

- PMing players (dead or alive) about the game will result in immediate DQ. My last game suffered from this and it was super upsetting to multiple people. Simply don't do it :rip: 

- Talking about mafia a lot in Discord. This have been a minor issue but even a small comment about the game can be picked up on by any skilled player. First is a warning. A DQ will follow. 

- As always we still follow ATRL rules in here so do that. 

A2AMXa1.png

Players are removed from the game when they have been lynched, killed, or DQ'd.

You will enter a dead chat but no information will be revealed to them. 

Any ties will be randomized.

asdKbog.png

- There will be roles that enable them to chat with players outside of the game thread.

- No posting of screenshot you received from me. Mafia players will have cover roles.

- Anyone communicating on desktop discord casually is reminded to not screenshot their entire screen (this goes for both town and mafia). This will reveal your "servers" on the sidebar. Just a note. 

- Roles will be sent by PM through Discord or ATRL. 

- As always I'm open to questions whether in thread or in PMs.

- Opening Posts graphics made by @Posh Spice 

• Like 1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• miguel

• Dessy

• mokitsu

• Overprotected

A2AMXa1.png

1. Miguel - Santa Claus, Killed Day 4

2. Fruity - Ariana Grande, Killed Night 2

3. Nurr - Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Killed Night 1

4. Psycho - Blitzen, Killed Night 2

5. Rotunda

6. Auburn - Baby Jesus, Killed Night 3

7. mokitsu - Mrs. Claus, Killed Night 4

8. Lucky#17 - Joseph, Killed Night 4

9. Overprotected

10. touya kinomoto - The Grinch, Gift Wrapped Day 3

11. Guero 

12. fiercE - Kevin McAllister, Killed Night 3

13. Taylucifer
14. Sanguine

15. Pinkbox - Ariana Grande, Gift Wrapped Day 2

16. Rence - Clarice, Killed Night 2

17. luckystrike

18. Chiidish - Mariah Carey, Gift Wrapped Day 5

19. worldwide angel

20. Anthem - Little Drummer Boy, Gift Wrapped Day 4

21. Daylight Ebenezer Scrooge, Killed Night 3

22. wondy

23. Teenage Dreaming - Elf on the Shelf, Killed Night 1

24. Touch It

25. Enzolorenzo/Noah (subbed in Day 2)

YUP!

Just now, Posh Spice said:

i'm the teacher's aide hi

Posh will be helping to count the vote and will join me in maintaining order in the chats. 

Sign-Ups

1. Miguel 

2. Fruity

Sign-Ups

1. Miguel 

2. Fruity

3. Nurr

4. Psycho

5. Rotunda

Also added: 

- I expect to start around maybe next weekend. The game will probably go on for at least 2 weeks but most of you will probably be eliminated by then

Also added:

Looking for 25 - 28 players. If I get more than 28, I'll close sign-ups and start asking for subs. Mafia teams are "evenly matched" and that's your only hint. 

Sign-Ups

1. Miguel 

2. Fruity

3. Nurr

4. Psycho

5. Rotunda

6. Auburn

7. mokitsu

Sign-Ups:

1. Miguel 

2. Fruity

3. Nurr

4. Psycho

5. Rotunda

6. Auburn

7. mokitsu

8. Lucky#17

9. OPese

Sign-Ups:

1. Miguel 

2. Fruity

3. Nurr

4. Psycho

5. Rotunda

6. Auburn

7. mokitsu

8. Lucky#17

9. OPese

10. touya kinomoto

Sign-Ups:

1. Miguel 

2. Fruity

3. Nurr

4. Psycho

5. Rotunda

6. Auburn

7. mokitsu

8. Lucky#17

9. OPese

10. touya kinomoto

11. Guero

Sign-Ups:

1. Miguel 

2. Fruity

3. Nurr

4. Psycho

5. Rotunda

6. Auburn

7. mokitsu

8. Lucky#17

9. OPese

10. touya kinomoto

11. Guero

12. fiercE

Sign-Ups:

1. Miguel 

2. Fruity

3. Nurr

4. Psycho

5. Rotunda

6. Auburn

7. mokitsu

8. Lucky#17

9. OPese

10. touya kinomoto

11. Guero

12. fiercE

13. Taylucifer

Sign-Ups:

1. Miguel 

2. Fruity

3. Nurr

4. Psycho

5. Rotunda

6. Auburn

7. mokitsu

8. Lucky#17

9. OPese

10. touya kinomoto

11. Guero

12. fiercE

13. Taylucifer
14. Sanguine

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.