• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangerInTheDark

• Yog

• chosensparkles

• fridayteenage

I love how these payola fueled artists are flopping without bundles and trickery. This is their true face value. Shawn’s next.

On 11/28/2020 at 4:53 PM, Yelero said:

Finally Smile outsold

Kesha?

Sam Smith?

Ellie Goulding?

Meghan Trainor?

Kylie Minogue?

and Miley.

Keep up liddo.

45 minutes ago, TKO said:

Kesha?

Sam Smith?

Ellie Goulding?

Meghan Trainor?

Kylie Minogue?

and Miley.

Keep up liddo.

You kidding, right? None of the artists you mentioned had 5 consecutive #1s. Katy is the biggest downfall, well deserved tho. 

3 minutes ago, Roberto said:

You kidding, right? None of the artists you mentioned had 5 consecutive #1s. Katy is the biggest downfall, well deserved tho. 

Having 5 #1s in 2010 has nothing to do with Smile outselling other albums in 2020 tho?   :rip:

Your post is completely out of context.   'Finally Smile outsold' is the claim by that member and he was wrong. She could be doing Teenage Dream numbers right now? maybe? Maybe not? But we are discussing a 2020 album released by Katy Perry with only one Top 20 single. 

Madonna, Britney and Xtina should be selling millions in 2020 because Baby One More Time, Stripped or Like a Virgin eras sold 20m records?

23 hours ago, Fading said:

For sure... Rare was barely pushed and still moved a lot of units. Both Miley and Demi won't be able to match her promoting three times harder or more than she did.

Both Rare and Plastic Hearts got promo with the lead singles and the second singles only got TTH + music video treatment.

Difference is Rare had the physicals ready to count as sales (CD, Target Deluxe, Standard vinyl, Green vinyl, Target vinyl, signed vinyl, cassette, box set), merch bundles and signed copies of CD, lithograph and vinyl (most of which took months to dispatch, mine took over 6 months lmao). Plastic Hearts only has 3 versions of the CD... with the same cover just differently colored - no merch bundles, no signed copies, just no effort behind it.

If Miley’s team had put more effort into the campaign and Selena herself had put more effort on her performing craft (plus Demi not releasing the poo she has this era) maybe things for them could be going on better.

not that i expect it to translate into big #s given the low market for digital sales these days but iTunes rn:

1 GOT7

2 KAI

4 ENHYPEN

All kpop.

w/bad bunny #3, how very international.

On 11/29/2020 at 9:18 AM, Fading said:

For sure... Rare was barely pushed and still moved a lot of units. Both Miley and Demi won't be able to match her promoting three times harder or more than she did.

They're not ready to have that conversation. Selena was dragged to hell in January but look how the year has panned out. She hit #1 and 112K with 0 promo. Miley had so many performances and even a Dua colab and can't do half. No shade to Miley, I love both singles but this is very telling of Selena's power.

On 11/29/2020 at 4:27 PM, doonerr said:

Selena has been a pop radio darling since 2015

Radio has been the weakest for her in the new era because her singles were not sent to radio and her colabs were not picked up by radio. She's been charting based on streams and sales.

Bad numbers for Miley...

Congrats to Bad Bunny! Hopefully he snatches the top so we can get another Spanish album on top of the billboard charts! 

Sad about Miley, but the debut on Spotify was decent so maybe they can get this era to have some legs. If RCA manages to make Angels Like You a hit it would absolutely do wonder for her

I think Miley is rebuilding her brand so she will need to aim for longevity with an emphasis on future singles.

On 11/30/2020 at 7:00 PM, TKO said:

Having 5 #1s in 2010 has nothing to do with Smile outselling other albums in 2020 tho?   :rip:

Your post is completely out of context.   'Finally Smile outsold' is the claim by that member and he was wrong. She could be doing Teenage Dream numbers right now? maybe? Maybe not? But we are discussing a 2020 album released by Katy Perry with only one Top 20 single. 

Madonna, Britney and Xtina should be selling millions in 2020 because Baby One More Time, Stripped or Like a Virgin eras sold 20m records?

Stripped didn't sell 20 million tho :rip: . Not even half of it :eli: 

On 11/29/2020 at 3:13 PM, Last Boy on Earth said:

Miley destroyed her whole credibility with Bangerz sadly, people just don't take her seriously no matter what she does

Not really. Imo, Bangerz was her biggest era tbh. She was extremely huge in 2013. I think long break with an awful comeback album is what accounts for her downfall. Besides, i don't follow her much lately but i've seen few of her posts on IG and her new MV and all i can remember is she keeps doing weird stuffs like she always did since Bangerz, which keeps me want to stop watching her. I think people get tired of her image. If she wants to release good music then just focus on the music. 

miley's first week numbers are getting f****d up because of RCA not shipping albums and there's none in any of the retailers. her numbers would be at the least 75-80k

rca is ****

edit: some of y'all are glued on here and don't even look at artists social media, she even posted about what i said

Edited by Chris▲

Tbh I feel like Miley deserves this. I was most excited and highly anticipating this album but I feel like it’s literally an identity crisis.

Theres pop, rock, country pop, emo rock, etc. I thought this album would be very cohesive and it’s not. 

19 hours ago, Alejandro_ said:

They're not ready to have that conversation. Selena was dragged to hell in January but look how the year has panned out. She hit #1 and 112K with 0 promo. Miley had so many performances and even a Dua colab and can't do half. No shade to Miley, I love both singles but this is very telling of Selena's power.

Radio has been the weakest for her in the new era because her singles were not sent to radio and her colabs were not picked up by radio. She's been charting based on streams and sales.

What power does Selena have? Even with a #1 single her album still fell off the chart. Is it even Platinum? :dies:

Honestly 50k is okay for her, Midnight Sky was not doing anything in the USA (Malibu was a bigger hit, and Younger Now still sold similarly...)

I can see this era having a bit more longevity though

I hope it has legs and the 2nd week drop isn't tragic

1 hour ago, KKCuteCat said:

Not really. Imo, Bangerz was her biggest era tbh. She was extremely huge in 2013. I think long break with an awful comeback album is what accounts for her downfall. Besides, i don't follow her much lately but i've seen few of her posts on IG and her new MV and all i can remember is she keeps doing weird stuffs like she always did since Bangerz, which keeps me want to stop watching her. I think people get tired of her image. If she wants to release good music then just focus on the music. 

Bangerz turned her into a fad. People were not buying and following her because they thought she was doing an incredible work, it was all hype and they abandoned her as soon as the hype finished. She ruined her reputation with it and no matter what she would have done after, the image was already too ruined. I myself was a Miley hater at the time until I saw her live last year and she showed me how people are missing out so much because they already have this image of her in their minds so they won't even give her an opportunity.

Edited by Last Boy on Earth

48 minutes ago, xfreshkidxx said:

What power does Selena have? Even with a #1 single her album still fell off the chart. Is it even Platinum? :dies:

3 #1 albums and a solo #1 hit. not everyone has that

7 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

3 #1 albums and a solo #1 hit. not everyone has that

Not sure who your trying to shade but Miley has 3#1 albums under her name (and more under HM, since y'all love to seperate) but choose to ignore the bombs that were The Scene :rofl: and a solo #1 that performed better than Selenas. 

Just now, xfreshkidxx said:

Not sure who your trying to shade but Miley has 3#1 albums under her name (and more under HM, since y'all love to seperate) but choose to ignore the bombs that were The Scene :rofl: and a solo #1 that performed better than Selenas. 

Who said I was shading anyone? I was stating the fact that not everyone has 3 #1 albums and a solo #1 hit.

And since you brought it up, Miley only has 2 #1 albums not connected to Hannah Montana.

Fight Miley!!! Get that #2 debut album

15K pure.... Fans did not lie when they Attack RCA by not releasing limited physical copies

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.