UK Mid: #1 Kylie vs Little Mix / Ari vs Miley

Popboi.

8 hours ago, josesuxx said:

I'm dumb can you explain what "decline below the market streaming rate of change" means :rip:

like the song needs to decline by more than what overal streaming does. If from week 1 to week 2 overall streaming decreased by 3% but the song’s streams only fell 2% then it wouldn’t be put on ACR. But if the song’s streams fell by 5% then it would apply. It only happens if this happens for 3 consecutive weeks too.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Popboi.

• tbhmatt

• Metal

• Finkypop

34 minutes ago, Monky_2405 said:

Kylie and the Little Mix are selling 40k copies! Both Sam and Ariana didn't do very well on their first weeks, considering who they are! Again, I'm not talking about chart positions!

Don't Kylie and LM have way more physical variants?

9 minutes ago, Body Talk said:

Don't Kylie and LM have way more physical variants?

Yes they do, and it's of course something TO consider but..still!

30 minutes ago, Monky_2405 said:

Yes they do, and it's of course something TO consider but..still!

I mean it's a major thing to consider. The UK is under strict lockdown because of COVID so people are only going to be ordering their physical copies online. If you're offering vinyl and different collectibles you have an automatic advantage and your numbers can be higher.

Legendary stuff for Kylie. 
Great numbers for LM too, and SM is smashing. They both won :clap3: 

3 hours ago, AidanUnderYou said:

like the song needs to decline by more than what overal streaming does. If from week 1 to week 2 overall streaming decreased by 3% but the song’s streams only fell 2% then it wouldn’t be put on ACR. But if the song’s streams fell by 5% then it would apply. It only happens if this happens for 3 consecutive weeks too.

Well I think MS is good then, the Dua collab and the album will at least keep its streams stable 

1 Kylie Minogue - DISCO (45.1k) *
2 Little Mix - Confetti (41.0k) *

I think she's got this one in the bag. On lock to outsell Golden's first week, too. :gaycat3: Thank goodness for her greatest hits album saving the 90's, fifth decade with a #1 record incoming!

Where are Magic and Say Something in the latest update? It looks like they should both re-peak, but I feel like Say Something definitely won’t get Top 40 now. But Magic is still Top 12 on iTunes so really hoping that can peak in the Top 40. 

2 hours ago, popstickle said:

Where are Magic and Say Something in the latest update? It looks like they should both re-peak, but I feel like Say Something definitely won’t get Top 40 now. But Magic is still Top 12 on iTunes so really hoping that can peak in the Top 40. 

Both out of top 40, they are going to repeak in the low 50s-60s I think.

8 hours ago, Monky_2405 said:

Kylie and the Little Mix are selling 40k copies! Both Sam and Ariana didn't do very well on their first weeks, considering who they are! Again, I'm not talking about chart positions!

Kylie and Little Mix are much bigger and consistent with albums than Ariana in UK, it's completely out of the question why they can sell during lockdown and Ariana can't :skull: add the lack of GP reception to Positions and voila.

is Miley having any chance :jonny6: she deserves that #1

9 hours ago, Body Talk said:

I mean it's a major thing to consider. The UK is under strict lockdown because of COVID so people are only going to be ordering their physical copies online. If you're offering vinyl and different collectibles you have an automatic advantage and your numbers can be higher.

Nah. If there is demand, people will buy multiple copies, but if there isn’t, you can’t fake it.

43 minutes ago, eli's_rhythm said:

Nah. If there is demand, people will buy multiple copies, but if there isn’t, you can’t fake it.

It's always about the demand. You can have multiple versions of an album and still not sell enough. 

4 hours ago, getback said:

is Miley having any chance :jonny6: she deserves that #1

right :jonny6: 

positions can **** off for a week 

Thursday Midweeks:

#1: Kylie 50.4k (+5.3k)
#2: Little Mix 45.3k (+4.3k)

:jonny5: Kylie coming for largest opening week of the year? 

Just now, Finkypop said:

Thursday Midweeks:

Seems extremely likely :johnald:

The only ones I can think of that could snatch that record from her before the end of the year are AC/DC next week and Gary Barlow at the end of Nov.

Kylie coming for silver in the opening week! Too bad LM won't get #1 next week because of AC/DC. Both deserved it 

8 hours ago, Popboi. said:

Both out of top 40, they are going to repeak in the low 50s-60s I think.

Oh what a shame. Good that they’ll hopefully re-peak though 

1 hour ago, Finkypop said:

Thursday Midweeks:

Jesus...Kylie actually selling more than LM even after almost a week :jonny5:

Also:

2014 - Kiss Me Once: 29,251 

2018 - Golden: 48,032

2020 - Disco: 50,400 so far (not final numbers) 

:jonny5:

15 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

Jesus...Kylie actually selling more than LM even after almost a week :jonny5:

Also:

2014 - Kiss Me Once: 29,251 

2018 - Golden: 48,032

2020 - Disco: 50,400 so far (not final numbers) 

:jonny5:

I never realised KMO sold so poorly compared to Golden, considering the KMO lead went Top 15 and Dancing just about made it to the Top 40.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.