• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Popboi.

• tbhmatt

• Metal

• Finkypop

Come thru little legends!! :heart:

Respect to Kylie though, I used to lay on the floor and do Slow choreo when I was 7 years old in 2003. Legend.

1 hour ago, popstickle said:

I never realised KMO sold so poorly compared to Golden, considering the KMO lead went Top 15 and Dancing just about made it to the Top 40.

Dancing sold like 4 times more than Into the Blue, one was in the preorder era where it was easy to chart high vs a streaming era song.

3 hours ago, tiagol88 said:

Jesus...Kylie actually selling more than LM even after almost a week :jonny5:

Also:

2014 - Kiss Me Once: 29,251 

2018 - Golden: 48,032

2020 - Disco: 50,400 so far (not final numbers) 

:jonny5:

Golden really revived her career huh

12 hours ago, getback said:

is Miley having any chance :jonny6: she deserves that #1

No, but #1 ain't strong enough to fence a the massive debut Miley+Dua could have :swan:

4 hours ago, tiagol88 said:

Also:

I think I need to put more respect into Golden. It may not be my favorite album from her but it did wonders for her career. 

The process to rebuild her image was great: Christmas albums, Golden, Glastonbury and Step Back In Time all led to this incredible debut for DISCO. 

:clap3:

Can’t wait for the tour

Legend Kylie right where she belongs. :clap3:

Although congratulations to LM too whatever happens when the final #s come in; I've really enjoyed what I've heard of their new album.

Edited by C_Colstead

wait but streams are not a factor? if that's the case LM would take the #1 innit?

2 minutes ago, J Legend X said:

wait but streams are not a factor? if that's the case LM would take the #1 innit?

Nope, midweeks only miss 1 days worth of streaming data IIRC and that won’t be enough to close a gap of 5k. 

16 minutes ago, J Legend X said:

Streaming is included :cupid:

5 hours ago, popstickle said:

I never realised KMO sold so poorly compared to Golden, considering the KMO lead went Top 15 and Dancing just about made it to the Top 40.

And KMO was realised in a healthier climate for pure sales and constant promo because of her one season as a coach on The Voice.

8 minutes ago, Fitzswiftie said:

And KMO was realised in a healthier climate for pure sales and constant promo because of her one season as a coach on The Voice.

That’s what I thought too. Being on The Voice really didn’t help that album at all. Shows just how good her new label are since Golden and Disco’s first week sales outsell KMO’s entire sales!

All the quotes being pressed Little Mix stans :rip: They can't just simply focus on their fave... Of course they've gotta attack the competition. 

Kylie thief she will plummet next week , the GP don't care while LM have multiple smash hit 

7 minutes ago, Emperor said:

Kylie thief she will plummet next week , the GP don't care while LM have multiple smash hit 

5 decades in, this is amazing hun

2KvGZCd.gif

14 minutes ago, Emperor said:

The fumes 

2KvGZCd.gif

OT: Kylie Legend Minogue, ladies and gentlemen! 

7 hours ago, tiagol88 said:

God. What a comeback.

KMO really wasn't the terrible record some make it out to be, but it clearly was a pretty abysmal moment for her career at large. Golden was brilliant and really did amazing things for her. Not to mention Step Back In Time going #1 with more units than KMO, last year! A greatest hits record doing that in 2019!

53 minutes ago, crf13 said:

All the quotes being pressed Little Mix stans :rip: They can't just simply focus on their fave... Of course they've gotta attack the competition. 

I mean... it’s Stan Twitter, they’re always gonna act childish. Let’s not act like Stan Twitter Kylie stans weren’t acting the exact same way. Kylie fans literally emailed the OCC trying to get Little Mix sales disqualified.

Thankfully I haven’t seen any of that messiness on ATRL (for a change!)

Edit: never mind, I didn’t see the messy post immediately below yours :rip:

Edited by tbhmatt

10 hours ago, tiagol88 said:

Also:

legend did that :jonny6: even more crazy knowing that sales were much stronger in 2014 than they are now

i wish a song from the album was also smashing cuz Magic is so beautiful and deserves to be another top 20 for her but UK radios are rather ageist and the streaming era did not favors for older female artists. Still...she's an album's artist too so I'm so happy the record as a whole is doing this well! a true legend :jonny: 

2 hours ago, IBeMe said:

i wish a song from the album was also smashing cuz Magic is so beautiful and deserves to be another top 20 for her but UK radios are rather ageist and the streaming era did not favors for older female artists. 

This tea. :rip: The good thing is that her catalog seems to be growing as streaming itself continues to grow, and as she releases more albums.

Here's a graph of Kylie's daily catalog Spotify streams, from January 2015 till yesterday: 

ccd8840606484a939c72b2bee05ecc73.png

On off-release periods she averages around 500k-ish streams daily, whereas before, she didn't even do half of that. The massive spikes throughout the graph are her streams during the Holidays from Santa Baby/Kylie Christmas (which, as observed, get bigger and bigger every year). The spike on the far right corresponds to DISCO's release, which blows Golden's release out of the water.

For a clearer comparison, Golden's release is the relatively moderate spike seen a bit after 2018 in the graph, as shown here:

GxwpjxB.png

So, she isn't as high as we'd hope her to be, but there has been great improvement over time which hopefully continues. Things seem promising, as this album has gotten nothing but great word-of-mouth/reaction (at least from my observation), so hopefully her streaming audience keeps expanding :clap3:

Edited by Finkypop

1 hour ago, Finkypop said:

This tea. :rip: The good thing is that her catalog seems to be growing as streaming itself continues to grow, and as she releases more albums.

Here's a graph of Kylie's daily catalog Spotify streams, from January 2015 till yesterday: 

ccd8840606484a939c72b2bee05ecc73.png

On off-release periods she averages around 500k-ish streams daily, whereas before, she didn't even do half of that. The massive spikes throughout the graph are her streams during the Holidays from Santa Baby/Kylie Christmas (which, as observed, get bigger and bigger every year). The spike on the far right corresponds to DISCO's release, which blows Golden's release out of the water.

For a clearer comparison, Golden's release is the relatively moderate spike seen a bit after 2018 in the graph, as shown here:

GxwpjxB.png

So, she isn't as high as we'd hope her to be, but there has been great improvement over time which hopefully continues. Things seem promising, as this album has gotten nothing but great word-of-mouth/reaction (at least from my observation), so hopefully her streaming audience keeps expanding :clap3:

OMG thank you so much for such a detailed post. Seeing graphics like these is always a nice way to visualize an artist' stats. Really happy to see her catalog getting the love it always deserved. I'm a bit bummed it took her until 2018's Golden era for ppl to appreciate just how amazing she is and what a gift it is for us to still have her around giving us pop perfection but better late than never right? 

By the way, do you think Disco will have a chance to be her first album in ages to go Platinum in the UK? I've never seen this much hype from both the fans and the GP around her material and like you mentioned the good word of mouth could potentially help the record stabalize for a long while (especially if one of the tracks somehow blows up organically somehow). I genuinly believe this oculd be a platinum album for her which would just be insane considering she's so deep into her career and is above 50 now :jonny: 

49 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

By the way, do you think Disco will have a chance to be her first album in ages to go Platinum in the UK? I've never seen this much hype from both the fans and the GP around her material and like you mentioned the good word of mouth could potentially help the record stabalize for a long while (especially if one of the tracks somehow blows up organically somehow). I genuinly believe this oculd be a platinum album for her which would just be insane considering she's so deep into her career and is above 50 now :jonny: 

I’m honestly not too sure. This is the 1st week in a long time that I’ve really kept up with the UK charts, but from what I’ve gathered it’s quite difficult for albums to stack up on milestones there (correct me if I’m wrong). I’d say Gold is definitely possible if they play their cards right (seeing as she’ll be Silver after week 1/2 only). Platinum will be harder to reach, since albums need streams for durability on charts and to push towards bigger certs. Her streaming is no where near as strong as her physical sales. But nothing is impossible, especially if they continue pushing the era and things go right (her managing to get a hit on streaming) so :-*

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.