• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Username

• kipperskipper

• ABYSIL

• Taylucifer

that old lady Spirit Halloween costume should have been eliminated instead of the stunning Guo Pei serve

26 minutes ago, kipperskipper said:

that old lady Spirit Halloween costume should have been eliminated instead of the stunning Guo Pei serve

tea tbh

but also didn't you just wear an attack on titan cosplay

32 minutes ago, PinkBox said:

tea tbh

but also didn't you just wear an attack on titan cosplay

no i wore a one of a kind jean paul gaultier couture piece that is archived in a museum. the highest of high fashion

16 minutes ago, Gay Rat Divorce said:

Hi @Taylucifer do you want to take part in the finale? P*nkBox wants to quit

Sure :giraffe:

• ATRL Moderator

:dancehall: when is this due tomorrow or wednesday cuz I might need an extension

1 hour ago, Tsareena said:

:dancehall: when is this due tomorrow or wednesday cuz I might need an extension

Wednesday but I can give more time if needed

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Gay Rat Divorce said:

Wednesday but I can give more time if needed

:heart: oop midnight wednesday is good. think I can be done by then

28 minutes ago, Gay Rat Divorce said:

Still missing kipper

I guess you could say he’s fashionably late!

50 minutes ago, Gay Rat Divorce said:

Still missing kipper

almost done!! 

21 minutes ago, ughgabriel said:

kipperskipper

8 hours ago, ughgabriel said:

Based on his entry I would just say he's late

KmFDzng.png

source.gifROUND 6: FINAL SHOWDOWNsource.gif

@Tsareena

Spoiler

Pants:

0aPq838.jpg

For my pants look I definitely wanted a chaps reference but not too on the nose so I went with these fake leather pants with some fringe action. Biggest reference is Phlemuns. one of my favorite designers at the moment. I wanted to reference the masquerade a bit more initially but I just used for color reference instead Reference pics below:

Hide contents

6OHxdyD.jpg

57drpZq.jpg

Otoghe-Toghe.jpg

Headpiece:

yLfiE7j.jpg

Hair art for my head piece. I think this took the longest for me to decide on but my main inspiration for this was Medusa so I wanted to make a conceptual look inspired by her with some African references thrown in. The reference pics might make this a bit clearer but it's basically a gold one piece (alexander mcqueen for givenchy ss97 whew a collection) with a pinafore over it. her clutch is the mirror that turned her to stone (or gold) and the red choker for her head being cut off :dancehall:. On another end since it the hair is very African, wanted to have a topless illusion to add to the African references. Sorry this is long and hope it makes sense lmao

Hide contents

IMG_1871-870x460.jpg

1e9cd76e1b4f8afef6fbd6c1fa6d93a2.png

u69ElM4A6Px_lTGcKYwX2gWQ3Xu_AHSaC3dxvgt4

Best in Show:

FvrW5iX.jpg

Not really good with extravaganza but wanted to do a wedding dress for my final look but with a modern twist. basically a deconstructed white shirt turned into a wedding dress, a durag wedding veil cuz why not with a neck tie detail for more white shirt realness(the pink is just add some color to the look). the wedding bouquet has also been reduced to a corsage. References below, Phlemuns also designed the Kelela look so more love to him <3

Hide contents

qkDFpDd.jpg

xJBgojE.jpg

shoes:

ZpyCBFZ.jpg

@Taylucifer

Spoiler

Look #1

E4nVkCM.jpg

Look #2

32niQW4.jpg

Look #3

V7VTRpT.jpg

@ughgabriel

Spoiler

OvzAxXG.png

A collection of three looks that retells the story of the nation that we know as Mexico before it became the country it is today.

Skulls work as a tie-up between the looks and they bring cohesion to this collection. Every skull has a different meaning on each look.

JMB9vlk.png

SOUYjZE.jpg

Mexico's largest region was known as Tenochtitlan before the nation was colonized. This looks is meant to represent the folkloric origins of the country and how the tribes used to have a deep connection with nature. We're changing the color of the jumpsuit to that chocolate satin fabric to resemble the cacao trees that are found in Central America. The shoes are meant to resemble wood and soil to represent the tribes' unity with Earth. Makeup is primitive and very visceral.

The blue faux leather coat is supposed to have alebrijes (yes, you saw these in Coco) printed all over it.

The skulls in the jacket are supposed to represent the meaning they had within the aztec culture: death represents a new form of life or transcendence; a remembrance of all the people who have left the terrenal world.

iUdywap.png

lRETQCQ.jpg

Once the spaniards came and discovered America, they forced their culture into the lands of the tribes that inhabited Tenochtitlan. This look is meant to represent the way the spaniards brought religion as a way to conquer this nation. It's a very regal, catholic looking piece but there's a military/knight type of feeling to it to represent how they used this beliefs as a weapon.

The purse is meant to represent a thurible. The skirt is meant to be the same color as the top (rusted gold) with some touches of red here and there.

The skulls on the shoulders are meant to represent danger, the death of culture and the ending of an empire.

vcRSzOP.png

m49qJg7.jpg

In the beginnings of the 19th century, the people from what was founded, by spaniards, as New Spain (Tenochtitlan/Mexico) had enough of the elitism, the social repression, the mistreatment. So they declared war on the spaniards in 1810. The war lasted around 10 years.

The independence of Mexico was consummated in 1921.

This look is meant to represent the blood that was spilled during this period of war. The fight for freedom. Which is what the red color in our flag is supposed to represent.

Body paint is back to resemble the blood stains from the war. The veil is also supposed to represent, both, a wedding and a funeral. This look is supposed to be burgundy to represent the merging of the colors that were used on the first two looks as a projection of a newborn nation that carries the past from those colors.

The skull here represents the Holy Death; how all these lives were sacrificed in order for this nation to find liberation from the spaniards and, once again, rule the kingdom they used to own.

@kipperskipper

Spoiler

7 hours ago, kipperskipper said:

Pants:

J4mrin2.png

For my pants look I wanted to serve pants to the extreme!! I think these inflatable latex devil bodysuit is exactly my aesthetic. It is over the top, crazy, kooky, cartoonish, and spooky.:katie2: Pants are usually boring, but not these! :katie2:This inflatable latex fetish devil look is matched with a devil latex gas mask, devil heeled stilettos, and a latex devil tail. I wont tell you were that goes or how you wear it :keir:This is one hell of a look:katie2:

Head Piece:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B28MMUXBA2h/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

[I tried a million times and this would not embed, kipper - GRD]

xA7wDU5.jpg

jID0h1Y.png

For my head piece I wanted to serve futuristic alien realness, but make it fashion. Since the look is so structural and interesting, I didt want to over accessorize so I matched it with chrome heels and chrome nails! :gaygacat3: 

Finale Look:

xCkgFpY.jpg

7dbFtTM.jpg

This look was inspired by daisy bloom  the beautiful daisy flower! I am covered in daises from head to to [forgot the e - GRD]! Literally every inch! I matched the look with daisy sunglasses and a daisy shaped balloon, because it's a celebration!! :flower:

Judges: @clue @Rotunda @Staryu @Not Like The Movies @Buddy!

Please rank the contestants in each category from favorite (#1) to least favorite (#4). It will all go together and contribute to an overall score for the finale that will determine who wins!!

Oh slay  :clap3:

these entries are serving :heart: (and im def placing last :deadbanana:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.