• Kelp

• kipperskipper

• ABYSIL

• Taylucifer

KmFDzng.png

source.gifROUND 4: STANS GO WILDsource.gif

@Taylucifer

Spoiler

Inspired by one of Taylor Swift’s best album, reputation, my outfit for this round is dangerous and dark.

44053c1b31d43b163296791978b884ff.png

v6LtxOj.jpg

@PinkBox

Spoiler

d1f801e404614711c037e141bc555451.jpg

My inspiration for this round is Rihanna's 2018 Met Gala outfit where she took Christianity and made it fashion. I decided to take that theme and do my own spin on it with Buddhism. Buddhism is always very extra with the gold to signify wealth and the eyes are putting the emphasis on the divine aspect.

Rihanna's look :

Hide contents

Rihanna Met Gala 2018 - Rihanna Met Ball dress

Inspiration behind my outfit 

Hide contents

0994235c63d87769be5c948d0c30f8c1.png

202a1ca50f95ac76eb22dc4234d9878f.png

@ughgabriel

Spoiler

For this week's look I took inspiration from Jonna Lee, also known as ionnalee or iamamiwhoami.

I tried to recreate/rework her look from the "Samaritan" single cover.

Hide contents

ionnalee02017-promo-1a.png

ZZXKpWf.jpg

Her aesthetic always resembles an ice queen or, what we're going for this look, a forest witch.

The outfit is now going to be brighter and bolder. The color of the high neck dress is going to be a brownish yellow with the outer garment being indigo with violet undertones; the shoulders on this one are going to be more exaggerated than in the original. The model will be wearing a dark violet eyeshadow with a natural lip. She'll be wearing dark brown suede high boots. Her hair will be the same as in the picture to reminisce medieval hairdos with a modern twist; it will be the same color as the boots so both brown pieces can resemble wood.

@kipperskipper

Spoiler

:clown:Katy Perry:clown:

jZ15u7c.jpg

oGylWYL.jpg

lJItEe8.png

Yeah Im grateful, scratch that baby I'm grateful :clown:

For this challenge, my inspiration was none other than the queen clown of pop, Katy Perry! apple_clown-face_4921_mysmiley.net.pngOver the years Katy has been the target of much scrutiny and critisicism for her loonery, bafoonery, and tom foolery.google_clown-face_9921_mysmiley.net.png Her music is known to be childish, kidz bopish, and overall clownish.samsung_clown-face_5921_mysmiley.net.png But through and through Katy remained her true self!HTC_emoji_clown-face_3921_mysmiley.net.pngShe embraced the clown persona and made the chart bottoming and future Best Comedy Album AOTY winner Smile!!Facebook_clown-face_4921_mysmiley.net.png

For this look I wanted to pick something that resembled Katy: campy, crazy, and stupid!Twitter_clown-face_2921_mysmiley.net.png This latex target dress symbolizes the fact that Katy is a walking target and belongs in a circus.WhatsApp_clown-face_3921_mysmiley.net.png It is paired with a circus tent purse, a red and white circus tent hat, and red and white oxford heels.Microsoft_clown-face__9921_mysmiley.net.png

Stream Smile!!emojidex_clown-face_2921_mysmiley.net.png

@Rence

Spoiler

nCwA0lC_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

@Tsareena

Spoiler

IBJrwJR.jpg

I chose Beyoncé as the artist to represent for my look and specifically drew from "The Gift"/ "Black is King" for the main look and "Homecoming"/ Beychella for the bodysuit (I had to have a bodysuit in here cuz Bey loves them). I love the many head wraps (or gele as we call them in Nigeria) she wore in the movie and just how "excess" her looks were so I went with a pink animal print trenchcoat with the floral designed gele. The bodysuit with the one leg/ sleeve was inspired by the jumpsuits you'd see dancers in hbcu marching bands wearing which Beychella drew from. Inspiration below:

Hide contents

M67MvXDwuMkMLWNcoGLBl4lVVKW_ZNhvIus-SXpW

maxresdefault.jpg

beyonce-pink-solace-london-swimsuit-blac

@EriKills

Spoiler

ok first off SO sorry im hella late omg but here's my entry!!!

c2f2616e2ffe63af75d009f5383673ee.png 

A lot of the inspiration for this came from Natalia's second era, "rich girl class". V dripped in diamonds, the fur coats, classy jewelry, expensive wine, which she sings a lot about it on her second album. I specifically wanted to include a cartier watch and bottle of rose wine, because she loves both but also specifically mentions them in one of her songs + features them on her album cover. "Let them take it all away the sweet Rosé, the Cartier"; when her dad is sent to prison and her family loses everything, it makes Natalia realize how inconsequential the lavish lifestyle actually is. So yes this is Trouble era inspired lewk. And below is the inspo board ok !!!!: 

Hide contents

da5cac958c20d68d9ad3d045f64c7a71.png 

@PoKiTaurus is missing :(

@Buddy! @clue @Rotunda @Staryu @Not Like The Movies

Also just to address the elephant in the room: the enthusiasm for this game kind of isn't really there all around. If people aren't feeling it I don't want to drag this game out any longer than it has to be.

So with that being said, should we have an elimination this round even if PoKi doesn't submit? And how would you feel about the "finale" being, like, next round? Or do you want to keep doing one elimination a round and have the finale at top 4? It's all up to you guys so just let me know what you want, I will truly not be offended if you want this game to end ASAP loool

5 minutes ago, Staryu said:

well... 

lahOPwo.png

mess is this a prisoner shade? :jonny5: but seriously i was actually putting effort into, and had lots of fun with my entries. I just have 0 fashion sense, I hope you guys don't think that I didn't take this game seriously because I do :jonny:

Taylucifer - I actually like this look, it's obviously Taylor inspired and it looks good

PinkBox - I respect your asian heritage, gold is a lovely color, cute crown :heart2: Is the makeup a picture of Milk's face? Also love the the Shop China cart watermark. 

ughgabe - I see the resemblance to iam in the dress but I don't get forest queen at all from this, the boots are ugly

Kipper - I get the whole Katy/clown thing but this is more scary/American Horror Story than Katy to me but the look is a slay so whatever

Rence - I like the *****

Tsareena - When I saw your drawing I was like ooh a Roman Reloaded theme and then I read it's Beyonce and I made a Nene face. I do think your art is very lovely though :heart2:  but Bey would never 

Erik - Wow, diamonds, class, beauty!!! All things that Natalia doesn't have so I'm not sure why you chose her tbqh :eli: Actually I really like this look though but you should have included her iconic black bangs

Teddy Sinclair AKA Natalia Kills Is Writing for Rihanna

Poki - Just saw your Kylie look, love the neon glow sticks fantasy and love Kylie so I'll rank you high xo

Well. Poki is here so problem solved. :chick1:

I will prefer to watch a Final 3 for this game instead of final 4 to be honest...:swan:

9 minutes ago, PoKiTaurus said:

I think ATRL messed up my messenger

OiOLSiL.jpg

Oh nice!!! Could you post the full look here, thanks bb

56 minutes ago, Gay Rat Divorce said:

Also just to address the elephant in the room: the enthusiasm for this game kind of isn't really there all around. If people aren't feeling it I don't want to drag this game out any longer than it has to be.

So with that being said, should we have an elimination this round even if PoKi doesn't submit? And how would you feel about the "finale" being, like, next round? Or do you want to keep doing one elimination a round and have the finale at top 4? It's all up to you guys so just let me know what you want, I will truly not be offended if you want this game to end ASAP loool

no just keep doing single elimination.

• ATRL Moderator
31 minutes ago, Staryu said:

Tsareena - When I saw your drawing I was like ooh a Roman Reloaded theme and then I read it's Beyonce and I made a Nene face. I do think your art is very lovely though :heart2:  but Bey would never 

:skull: scream cuz I really wanted to do Nicki but couldn't think of anything... my barb blood 

3 minutes ago, Tsareena said:

:giraffe: I'm enjoying the game from my end

same here! I think it just got to a rocky start but everyone left has been sending since the beginning and the looks have been slaying every round so maybe the real competition is just starting :ihype:

I personally would be in support to DQ everyone and crown me winner but I support continuing single elims as currently planned I suppose!!!

natalia-kills.jpg

i mean I’m enjoying the game:katie2:also need to step my game up, the entries are getting stronger 

catthy-wellingten.png

@Taylucifer: I love the presentation here, and all of the nods to the Reputation era in your display. I think this outfit definitely checks all the boxes, and is in line with what the spirit of the round calls for. Very effective, very god. 

@PinkBox: This certainly wasn't the direction I was expecting, but I am a big fan! If I had one criticism, it would be that the umbrella looks kinda cheap vis-a-vis the rest of the look, but again, a good job. 

@ughgabriel The main outfit is serving Hunger Games Parade, while the boots are serving Hunger Games Arena. I think a different shoe would have really helped you make the statement you wanted, but here it's kinda a big distraction. 

@kipperskipper: I like that you chose to dial it back this round compared to the previous entries, but still found a way to make a strong, conceptual statement. It was also clear who/what this was referencing, while still being out of the box. Good job. 

@Rence: I definitely knew this look was referencing Gaga after looking at it, but it puts me more in the mind of the Alejandro video than anything else (though I will admit I'm not well versed in Gaga's videography. Anyway, while I could see all these individual pieces being sold as part of the same "line," they don't work together as a cohesive outfit.  As always, I do appreciate you using a male model though. 

@Tsareena: A very beautiful drawing as usual. I like the bodysuit (yes it's steroetypical Bey), but I'm not really sure if I'm in love with the animal print trench coat on top of it. 

@EriKills: This is a hard look to evaluate because I think that it is really just a lot of "shiny/expensive" things that don't all work together, but that's also kinda the point? The concept behind the look is slay at least. 

@PoKiTaurus : The dress is nice, but I wish there was more to evaluate beyond it. I don't personally care for the earrings. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.