Vanishing Letters ☄️ | Winner revealed! (pg. 142)

miguel

sdjfiif did I scare someone out of picking Marina? :keir: Not surprised to see Katy banned, she has plenty of albums under 60 :rip: and most of them don't deserve it, especially OOTB

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• miguel

• thecptz

• Navyofbadgals

• ughgabriel

13 minutes ago, Remmy said:

sdjfiif did I scare someone out of picking Marina? :keir: Not surprised to see Katy banned, she has plenty of albums under 60 :rip: and most of them don't deserve it, especially OOTB

all but one of her albums are graded below 60 and prism was at 61 :deadbanana2:

teenage dream deserved a low 70 and OOTB didn't deserve that 49. i mean, it has USG and IKAG but it's too much.

hT67uZJ.png

Only send me the rankings for the group that you're in. So I will be getting 12 rankings from one group and 12 rankings from the other. Send your rankings through PM or discord (preferably discord)

Excluding your own entry, rank from 1-11:

1. ex:  All I Want for Christmas Is You [BEST SONG]

2. ex: Without You [2ND BEST SONG]

11. ex: We Belong Together [WORST SONG]

When sending me your rankings PLEASE send ONLY the song title spelled out correctly. Capitalization doesn't matter, but grammar does! This will help make it much easier for me to manage and order the rankings!

Judges will be ranking and critiquing both groups

GROUP 1

Contestants

Spoiler

fiercE
Auburn
XO Life
Tom Vercetti
Overprotected
thecptz
Speezy
clue
touya kinomoto
Rotunda
Legend E
Alena 

ENTRIES

Spotify | Apple Music

Spoiler

Michael Jackson - Butterflies
MARINA - Hypocrates
Vanessa Carlton - White Houses
Jessie J - Nobody's Perfect
The Neighbourhood - Sweater Weather
Nicki Minaj - Right By My Side
Jennifer Lopez - Love Don't Cost A Thing
Pussycat Dolls - I Hate This Part
Katy Perry - Not Like The Movies
Christina Aguilera - Sex For Breakfast
Destiny Child - Lose My Breath 
Selena Gomez - Hit The Lights

GROUP 2

Contestants

Spoiler

Gay Rat Divorce
kipperskipper
Rence
Staryu
minho
Moonlightbae
Fruity
luckystrike
PiecesOfYou
Remmy
ughgabriel
Navyofbadgals

ENTRIES

Spotify | Apple Music

Spoiler

Miley Cyrus - Who Owns My Heart
Paris Hilton - Stars Are Blind
 David Guetta - When Love Takes Over
Katy Perry - Witness
Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape
Jennifer Lopez - First Love
Selena Gomez - Stars Dance
Calvin Harris - Outside
Calvin Harris - Sweet Nothing
Jess Glynne - Don’t Be So Hard On Yourself
Foster The People - Best Friend
Fergie - Tension

DEADLINE

You have 48 hours, until August 14th, 1PM EDT, to send in your rankings.

If everyone sends in their rankings sooner, i will PTR sooner as well. 

Please post your critiques for your group if you can! 

Group 2 looks so much stronger BYEE :monkey:

Miguel always sabotaging me i swear..

Sorry to whoever sent Stars Dance, you're getting eliminated and that's just the way it works ?

Who Owns My Heart: this song is a smash 

Stars Are Blind: this is atrocious

When Love Takes Over: I always found this song very annoying but it’s not terrible

Witness: congratulations on winning this round love

The Sweet Escape: OMGGGG the classic that this is 

First Love: well... it’s better than some previous songs but I’m not particularly a fan of it

Stars Dance: it’s kind of noisy and messy but it’s always been a fun bop I guess

Outside: a classic

Sweet Nothing: Outside >

Don’t Be So Hard On Yourself: I hate her voice and I hate this song 

Best Friend: what is DIS hunny..... 

Tension: okay miss Fergie served with this one 

Who Owns My Heart - straight up banger :jonny5: thought this would be my #1 but there’s one more big classic in this group that’s just *chef’s kiss* anyways **** u for taking my song but also good job 

Stars Are Blind - there’s a reason this was not well received.. this is a turrible song :thing: watch this get acclaimed tho lol

When Love Takes Over - absolute CLASSIC oh my god :jonny5: the NOSTALGIA this gives me :jonny5: WHEWWWW

Witness - I never really liked this that much. It feels very disjointed and the production on this sounds so ridiculously dated :rip: not the biggest fan of this sorry

The Sweet Escape - it’s cute x a well-constructed pop song that did slightly age but it’s still decent

First Love - ermmm.. this is not good :rip: pretty poor verses and underwhelming chorus :rip: don’t like it

Stars Dance - it’s not bad but pffft sounds very dated :rip: it was more enjoyable than some songs but not my favorite by any means lol

Outside - BANGER :jonny:

Sweet Nothing - always thought this was a tad bit overrated :mandown: it misses sumn but it’s still cute! You’ll def do well

Don’t Be So Hard On Yourself - I hate to admit this but this still BOPS :jonny: UK pop at ha finest don’t @ me

Best Friend - want to reward you for sending sumn risky but I just don’t like it ? sorry!

Tension - terrible

Wow group 2 is going to be hard to rank, I like all of the songs mostly, there are a couple weak ones I guess :deadbanana2: 

OMG i know every song in my group, this is the first time that's ever happened :lmao: and 2 options I was thinking about are also here

already getting praise too ahhhh i won i won

Who sent lose my breath is getting my coins 

Bi5QTgd.png

Who Owns My Heart: A classic

Stars Are Blind: Cute, not my fave Paris song

When Love Takes Over: Overrated but it's a bop at times

Witness: Well, it was a Katy option available 

The Sweet Escape: Another classic pop song :clap3:   

First Love: Kinda basic

Stars Dance: I kinda like it, didn't age well, still cute

Outside: Sweet Nothing >>> but still love Ellie and it's still a bop :praise:  

Sweet Nothing: Love Florence's only top 10 hit

Don’t Be So Hard On Yourself: It's cute but not really

Best Friend: The high vocal part is annoying/painful

Tension: A bop 

Miley Cyrus - Who Owns My Heart
I love euphoric pop. The instrumental during the pre chorus is great, I really like it! I like the "oh, oh-oh-oh"s during the chorus. But the song is really not that memorable to me. The bridge is possibly the best part of the song because her vocals shine.

Paris Hilton - Stars are Blind
This is my first time listening to a Paris Hilton. This isn't bad! It kind of reminded me of Chasing the Sun by Hilary Duff. It's really cute!

David Guetta - When Love Takes Over
The good: This samples Clocks
The bad: This samples Clocks in the worst possible way

Katy Perry - Witness
Yes, this is the best song on the album along with Tsunami and it's possibly in my top 5 Katy songs. A really good song and her vocals sound lovely here.

Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape
This song doesn't age! Still a classic. Such a fun song to sing!

Jennifer Lopez - First Love
This sounds like a Forever 21 track, it's nice and enjoyable but I don't feel like I would listen to this by choice.

Selena Gomez - Stars Dance
I'm sorry, people do too much on Selena. People can say she has the weakest voice out of the Disney girls, but she has the best music out of them as well. This song is a good example of it. 

Calvin Harris - Outside
I swear this and I Need Your Love are two of my favorites EDM songs ever. They make magic together!

Calvin Harris - Sweet Nothing
I think it's a good song and Florence's vocals are really unique which make the song more memorable, but I feel like it didn't age too well because of the production and drop. It would still be a great song with another type of production so I will still give it a nice ranking.

Jess Glynne - Don't Be So Hard on Yourself
I've never liked her voice but the melody here is so bright and joyful that I might be able to look past her voice. A good one! I could picture this as a prom song or something like that and it gives me a really good feeling.

Foster the People - Best Friend
Love Foster the People, I've seen them live twice but this is not my favorite song from them. I really like the trumpets during the verses but the chorus has always annoyed me a bit. I think A Beginner's Guide to Destroying the Moon would've been a better option if you wanted something for Supermodel. But Sit Next to Me would've been the best choice imo 

Fergie - Tension
This one is really vibey and enjoyable. Reminds me of a bar that I used to go where they'd play this type of music. It made me want to dance. It's groovy! I actually love her delivery, there's a lot of personality in her vocals.

F8vxXlm.jpg 

who owns my heart: trashy bop

stars are blind: ironic luv for this song turned into semi genuine luv for this song! 

when love takes over: dance ANTHEM

witness: should've been a single whew it's quite magical actually

the sweet escape: a classic but it does verge into annoying territory i fear

first love: cute attempt i suppose. good luck, you may need it!

stars dance: trashy bop [2] but better

outside: ellie's breathy + weak vocals are more grating than i remember here but it still largely knocks

sweet nothing: luv! florence delivered

don't be so hard on yourself: i HATE that i enjoy this song :skull: it was quite inescapable in clubs for me and has some cute memories

best friend: pretty good but also meh

tension: in some ways its a bop, in others this entire album is extremely embarrassing

Edited by Fruity

Let me just fly through these real quicK since I've already heard them all

aiczoBo.png

Who Owns My Heart || Ahhh great song from her greatest album!
Stars Are Blind || Cute and chill, always preferred Nothing In This World though.
When Love Takes Over || We love!!! Packs a nice punch
Witness || Good but her weakest opener (and her weakest release)
The Sweet Escape || Don't love it as much as I did back in the day, still goes off so don't get it twisted
First Love || Always felt pretty neutral on this one, the lyrics are noticably poor.
Stars Dance || Always felt pretty neutral on this one. [2] Also I revisited this for a sec & don't remember the production being so noisy?
Outside || I was ready to send this in but demoted it to a backup. Both of them snapped!
Sweet Nothing || Oh I guess I skipped by this one when looking at Calvin's tracklists. Probably his best song ayyy
Don’t Be So Hard On Yourself || I don't care what anyone says, this is great. Jess has some gems in her.
Best Friend || This is their only album I barely cared for :frown: ...but this is a highlight from it! That being said, they still have better options.
Tension || A simple, fun bop.

Guess I gotta start group 1 then.

2 minutes ago, Tom Vercetti said:

hmmm

Just now, disruptive said:

yeah ignore me, i'm drunk. 

djavaloca-demo-italic.png

BUTTERFLIES - This was decent enough. I probably wouldn't revisit it normally. 

HYPOCRATES - Marina has never really hit the spot for me, but I like this. I would revisit this song. 

WHITE HOUSES - Cute

NOBODY'S PERFECT - The kind of song that plays in the background of a youtube fan video about some toxic couple from a tv show 

SWEATER WEATHER - Tumblr Classic

RIGHT BY MY SIDE - I'm not one of the people that thinks Nicki can't sing, but her vocals here are less than good. It has it's moments though. 

LOVE DON'T COST A THING - Classic

I HATE THIS PART - Decent. Lacks the nostalgia factor for me of other PCD singles

NOT LIKE THE MOVIES - Better than I expected it to be. I'm not sure if it stands out well in this group, but it's not bad. 

SEX FOR BREAKFAST - Not bad at all, but also not something I'm necessarily clamoring to hear again. Some of the lyrics are funny, but I'll give it another listen later. 

LOSE MY BREATH  - Tbh one of my least favorite Destiny's Child singles, but it's still not a bad song

HIT THE LIGHTS - The chorus kinda redeems the song from the verses, but it's definitely not one of the better tracks in this group 

Edited by Rotunda

group 1

Spoiler

butterflies

this was cute. very laid back and pretty.

hypocrates

she has better songs (like i'm a ruin that was already panned so im assuming this will be mega panned)

white houses

boring

nobody's perfect

I don't rlly like this sorry :((

sweater weather

absolute classic. we love it.

right by my side

not my favorite nicki song at all. and chris brown will not get any points from me.

love don't cost a thing

YUPPPPPP very great choice

I hate this part

another GREAT choice. an absolute banger

not like the movies

love u nltm the member but this song is very boring and bland

sex for breakfast

I enjoyed this!! very vibey and nice <3

lose my breath

BOPPPPPP not their best but BOPPPPP

hit the lights

cute fun classic

group 2

Spoiler

who owns my heart

it's a bit of a bop

stars are blind

don't like this

when loves takes over

it's alright I wouldn't listen to it again but if it came on I wouldn't turn it off

witness

one of her best songs I love it

the sweet escape

a classic yes love nostalgia bias to make me like this song

first love

oooh I actually really like this, it's a bop woooo

stars dance

it's a cute bop

outside

YUPPPP winner winner

sweet nothing

another YUPPPP winner winner I've always loved this song <3

don't be so hard on yourself

a happy bop

best friend

it's nice

tension

it's fun it's cute it's a little something for the summer time

dDNhsUx.png

Michael Jackson - Butterflies - What a random song to send tbh. But with how this group is looking, i'll give it an upperhand. 

MARINA - Hypocrates - She sounds like a frog at times but this isn't that bad. 

Vanessa Carlton - White Houses - If it's not A Thousand Miles, I don't care for it. 

Jessie J - Nobody's Perfect - 

The Neighbourhood - Sweater Weather - Why is this one of the better songs here? 

Nicki Minaj - Right By My Side - It's okay. Her singing is not her strong suit. I would've admired a more brave choice like Stupid Hoe as well. 

Jennifer Lopez - Love Don't Cost A Thing - Honestly, one of the few Jlo songs I kinda like? 

Pussycat Dolls - I Hate This Part - No thanks. 

Katy Perry - Not Like The Movies - It's a Katy Perry ballad. Next. 

Christina Aguilera - Sex For Breakfast - No wonder the album this is from was panned. 

Destiny Child - Lose My Breath - It's of its time, but kinda great anyway. 

Selena Gomez - Hit The Lights - I did you dirty so while i'm not a fan of this song, I won't rank it last either. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.