Vanishing Letters ☄️ | Winner revealed! (pg. 142)

miguel

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Apink - %%(Eung Eung) - This doesn’t do anything for me, idk it’s just a forgettable k-pop song

Sevdaliza - Darkest Hour - Very interesting, not amazing no but decent! Will probably rank in the upper half, we’ll see

Ashley Tisdale - He Said She Said - Classique, would probably tank if it wasn’t for the nostalgia

Ashanti - Foolish - The piano part is bothering me but other than that it’s a cute chill bop

Hayley Williams - Dead Horse - I find the yayaya part so annoying kii but besides that I still bop to this

Zendaya - Replay - I thought she acted or whatever

Olivia O'Brien - Just A Boy - It’s a bit of a bop but idk her voice is very generic, the chorus is cute

MUNA - Pink Light - They’re pretty basic, this song didn’t change my opinion

Monica - So Gone - I like some parts of this but idk it’s very forgettable overall 

Magdalena Bay - Killshot - Winner! I really like this, they’re songs have amazing production we just have to stan

NAO - Fool To Love - Not my favorite from the album but definitely one of the highlights this round!

RAY BLK - Run Run - Very nice, great production I use!

Malou Prytz - Left & Right - It’s cute, not as gorgeous as the past 3 entries but it’ll do

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• miguel

• thecptz

• Navyofbadgals

• ughgabriel

FRUITY: 

my critiques

capital letters: this is really screaming "eliminate me" and, well, yes u kinda deserve it. there's about 9045305 other songs from 2017-18 that sound like this

untouched: hmmm yes this is decent i guess

torn: absolutely legendary classic and I will say that although harry styles did not necessarily improve on this song, i did *** watching him 1D perform it

love you like that: cute. very basic choice but i enjoyed it

SOLO: well as much as I love Jennie, i prefer to pretend this noisy mess doesn't exist. the cheap production is kinda serving no words

fast car: honestly really so beautiful

experience: so good, really, no words this is just amazing even with the industry plant inserted

crush: yup this is in my basic bitch playlist entitled 'pumpkin spice latte' in which i considered many songs for this round. it's cheap but cute and i like it

cruel: kinda nice i guess but won't remember this at all

enjoy the silence: classic wow. risky send :) hope u make it. if tom vercetti is in my group he obvs sent this

put your records on: also in my PSL playlist, i find this song v cute

fake it: of all the bastille songs.. i- really i'm quite confused at this choice but it's not bad at all

feel you: just fine, nothing more but not the worst this round

45 minutes ago, Fruity said:

i did *** watching him 1D perform it

tumblr_pdxb3n9lqU1xrofwko2_400.gifv

NqTmio5.png

Spoiler

Hailee Steinfeld, Bloodpop - Capital Letters

• It feels so basic and for a song used in movie about sex, it feels so un-sexy.

1d9e132389cfdf89a52b1c0ca99daf716f44b491.gifv
The Veronicas - Untouched

• The way that this still bops 13 years later. :jonny: I remember our teachers back in high school looking horrified and feeling traumatized when they hear us singing the chorus.

f52f5991b46910cbadaab9be50f266d286b3efa5.gif
Natalie Imbruglia - Torn

• A great classic from my favorite decade. Still holds up well to this very day.

nlfIClR.gif
Dagny - Love You Like That

• Never Really Over, ha mother! As a KatyCat, this song has a special place in my heart. This is a great song, though I personally believe Dagny has some better choices (e.g. Fool's Gold or Ultraviolet).

giphy.gif
JENNIE - SOLO

• I love Ms. Kim but this really is not it.

tumblr_pdxb3n9lqU1xrofwko2_400.gifv
Tracy Chapman - Fast Car

• Tracy, sweetie, I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry that some ugly ass bitches like them would even say those. Oh my god.

1557d24ebfcaa7c076331611a45be27cc9a699d5.gifv

The disrespect towards the first black artist to be ever nominated for all four general field Grammys in one ceremony is unacceptable and anyone who says the Jonas Blue remix is much better needs to reevaluate their taste in music. I will give this my number one to save it from the tastelessness that is going on here. :hug:
Victoria Monet - Experience

• Oh wow, this bops. I like it a lot. It's a good experience. :eli:

46fe47e2a6246c142ba90cd5a746d0f0.gif
Jennifer Paige - Crush

• Oh yes, another classic from my favorite decade. This is so groovy.

wE5DFxL.gif
Bosco - Cruel

• I don't know what it is but this song lack something for me, makes it forgettable tbh. Too bad because it's not necessarily a bad song.

tumblr_pdxb3n9lqU1xrofwko8_400.gifv
Depeche Mode - Enjoy The Silence

• I love me some Depeche Mode and I appreciate the risk but I do not like this as much as the others. Still bopping to it though.

c3b78a1e782aacaf9abac2208e8abec5185a47fe.gifv
Corinne Bailey Rae - Put Your Records On

• Nice to see Corinne and ha classic here. Great choice with this one.

tumblr_pdxb3n9lqU1xrofwko5_400.gifv
Bastille - Fake It

• I know their better songs aren't eligible (e.g.: Pompeii or Quarter Past Midnight) but this really lags behind the rest of the song in the group.

kwOEIue.gif
Julia Holter - Feel You

• It's an okay song. Not the best but far from the worst.

vkAkGiC.gif

omqXTk5.gif

Edited by touya kinomoto

yAmTaT1.png

group 1

Spoiler

eung eung

a cultural RESET. one of the best kpop songs ever... yup yup

darkest hour

her voice ummm is not it at all and I'm not rlly a fan of the song at all sorry :(

he said she said

pls it's a bit of a bop but I dont rlly care for it and I somehow have never heard this song until rn so nostalgia bias is not here for me

foolish

classic amazing song any1 who doesn't like it is a terrible person

dead horse

it's cute it's alright

replay

classic bop it's a lil basic but still bop yes love zendaya

just a boy

a bop I love it

pink light
I rlly enjoyed this let me get into them

so gone

it's cutee

killshot

this was a bit of a bop tbh I enjoyed it

fool to love

yup yup yup great song

run run

really really like this

left & right

a cute bop

group 2

Spoiler

capital letters

this song sucks ass

untouched

I really like this whewww a BOPP

torn

this was really cute!!

love you like that

cute fun bop!!

solo

kinda aged but still a bop hmm

fast car

a snoooooze

experience

one of the best songs of 2020 yes yes yes yes

crush

pretty boring

cruel

it's pretty!!

enjoy the silence

I actually like this.. don't care for the vocals but the production is rlly nice

put your records on

it's cute and also boring

fake it

it's pretty good

feel you

what is this group with sending songs made for middle aged women but anyways this is pretty decent

Edited by Touch It

25 minutes ago, Touch It said:

sorry I didnt finish ignore me Im gonna edit it I dont feel like reposting it

ok

great critiques so far :smitten:

29 minutes ago, Touch It said:

what did u send

none of ur business 

4 minutes ago, Touch It said:

yes ugly ass bitch

no you pretty ass bitch : )

WRxt6dP.png

Maybe one day I'll finally start reading these back and correcting for typos, but today is still not that day!

GROUP 1

Spoiler

Apink - %%(Eung Eung)

This is a bit basic at times, but overall it’s cute and it’s a pretty well-produced bop. It’s one of the better K-Pop songs I’ve heard.

Sevdaliza - Darkest Hour

This is a very interesting song. That weird vocal style she’s doing is kind of annoying to me and I’d like this song WAY more with different vocals, but the song definitely captured my attention and I like the instrumental.

Ashley Tisdale - He Said She Said

Okay I was ready to drag, but this is genuinely a huge bop dkfjghkdfj. Maybe the “Busted” songstress made some points here.

Ashanti - Foolish

Probably another classic I’ll get dragged for not liking, but… sorry, I just can’t get into this. It’s too one-note and bland for me.

Hayley Williams - Dead Horse

It’s cute. Don’t really have particularly strong thoughts about this. Nice listen, but that’s basically it.

Zendaya - Replay

I stan Zendaya as a person, but this song is INCREDIBLY basic. I guess the verses aren’t bad, but that chorus is just so unlistenably generic.

Olivia O'Brien - Just A Boy

The fact that if you had just submitted Josslyn, you wouldn’t get penalized AND you probably would have gotten acclaim. Anyways, it’s a cute song, I like the chorus. Not sure if this will be enough for you to survive the penalty though.

MUNA - Pink Light

Why did I assume this was a K-Pop band ffff. Anyways, this is really great, I like basically everything about this. My easy favourite so far.

Monica - So Gone

Okay the crackling effect on this song is WAY too much, I legit thought my headphones were breaking. Um but other than that, this is pretty nice! I liked this.

Magdalena Bay - Killshot

I LOVE the beat, bass line and elements of the production, but the melody and the vocals are kind of boring. A shame because this could easily be the instrumental to a #1 on my list with a more interesting melody.

NAO - Fool To Love

There’s parts of this that I like and that have potential to be a greater song, but overall this falls a bit flat for me. It’s kind of bland and repetitive.

RAY BLK - Run Run

Interesting, this has the opposite issue to a lot of songs in this group where I absolutely LOVE her vocal tone, but that’s the best part of the song for me. This is still definitely one of the better songs in this group though. Chorus is a bit underwhelming, but I really enjoyed the verses.

Malou Prytz - Left & Right

As far as pretty standard pop songs go, this is pretty good. There’s nothing in this that’s super memorable, but that’s not a terrible thing. It was a good listen.

GROUP 2

Spoiler

Hailee Steinfeld, Bloodpop - Capital Letters

Ok I REALLY gave this a chance because I felt bad seeing everyone drag it… and yeah sorry it’s kinda lame. The verses were sort of nice at times, but something about the chorus is super off-putting to me. I didn’t completely hate it though, so it may avoid my bottom depending on what else is in this group.

The Veronicas - Untouched

Now that… that… THAT… was an absolute classic. This was a song I always wanted to submit during the season I played but never had the opportunity, so I’m glad it finally made it into this game. There’s so many things I love about this song. This will be VERY hard to beat for me.

Natalie Imbruglia - Torn

She’s a cute girl. A classic that doesn’t really excite you when you randomly hear it, but makes you go “oh yeah, that song. That was a nice song.”

Dagny - Love You Like That

I saw the title and was like “why does this look so familiar?” Then 5 seconds in I realized dkfjghdkj. Anyways, really great pop song, I like this a lot.

JENNIE - SOLO

God these BLACKPINK girls really don’t know how to NOT release a bop, huh? This is great and very well produced. And fun fact, two seasons ago I had picked this and then switched away, so you’re welcome!

Tracy Chapman - Fast Car

So this is probably objectively my worst music-related opinion ever… but I much prefer that DJ cover of this song that blew up on Spotify a few years ago nnnn. This is an extremely well written song and I still do like it, but veers towards being a bit dull and repetitive.

Victoria Monet - Experience

This is cute and it balances being chill and being interesting quite well. Something’s missing that’s stopping me from really getting into it, but overall it’s decent.

Jennifer Paige - Crush

Sure? Like it’s not bad. It’s an inoffensive song and there’s nothing in it that I actively dislike. But that’s basically it.

Bosco - Cruel

Gonna be honest, this song started to put me to sleep a little bit. To be clear, don’t take this as TOO much of a knock because I’m very tired right now to begin with. But this song certainly didn’t help with that.

Depeche Mode - Enjoy The Silence

This is an interesting song. It grabbed and kept my attention and I think I liked it, although I’m not really sure why. It’s a memorable choice, at least.

Corinne Bailey Rae - Put Your Records On

This pretty much falls into the exact boat as Torn for me: a classic that puts a smile on my face when I remember it, but doesn’t go too far beyond that. Although I will say I forgot how much I enjoyed this chorus.

Bastille - Fake It

The really cheap beat in the verses is taking a little bit away from the song for me, but overall this is good. Dan Smith has one of those voices that could make me listen to basically anything he sings.

Julia Holter - Feel You

It’s good. It didn’t really do much for me and I don’t have a particularly strong reaction to it. But it’s good.

dDNhsUx.png

Hailee Steinfeld, Bloodpop - Capital Letters - I don't hate it but I would never listen to it again.  

The Veronicas - Untouched - Not my favorite song from them but it has something going for it. 

Natalie Imbruglia - Torn - Hmm, doesn't do much for me. 

Dagny - Love You Like That - Standard 80s revivalism. I don't really like her voice that much tbh. 

JENNIE - SOLO - Terribly dated. That drop is painful to endure. 

Tracy Chapman - Fast Car - I'm not attached to this but it's alright. People are mentioning covers but for me it's Jim O'Rourke's 33 minute live rendition of this that I prefer. 

Victoria Monet - Experience - A bit overhyped in ASC but it's one of the better songs here. 

Jennifer Paige - Crush - Eh, never really liked this that much tbh. Jai Paul's cover made this inferior to me. 

Bosco - Cruel - It has a nice vibe going for it. I like it. 

Depeche Mode - Enjoy The Silence - Policy Of Truth >> Still a classic though. 

Corinne Bailey Rae - Put Your Records On - Inoffensive and doesn't really stand out to me. Not bad though. 

Bastille - Fake It - Kinda One Republic'd. Similar to Capital Letters, I don't hate it but it's not my thing either. 

Julia Holter - Feel You - Pretty sounding. Enjoyed this one. 

yay tom doesnt hate my song

Tom :heart2:

The judges serving tastelessness

21 minutes ago, disruptive said:

The judges serving beauty :smitten2:

da3972654e349179e3d2f4d528d3a835.gif

4 hours ago, touya kinomoto said:

The judges serving tastelessness

no difference from the previous 2 rounds, at least they're consistent I guess! :cm: 

17 minutes ago, Auburn said:

no difference from the previous 2 rounds, at least they're consistent I guess! :cm: 

Might as well change the game's title to The Vanishing Taste.

giphy.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.