Vanishing Letters ☄️ | Winner revealed! (pg. 142)

miguel

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• miguel

• thecptz

• Navyofbadgals

• ughgabriel

1fNBsU8.png

Send your rankings through PM or discord (preferably discord). There are 14 entries, so I should receive 14 rankings.

Excluding your own entry, rank from 1-15:

1. ex:  All I Want for Christmas Is You [BEST SONG]

2. ex: Without You [2ND BEST SONG]

15. ex: We Belong Together [WORST SONG]

When sending me your rankings PLEASE send ONLY the song title spelled out correctly. Not the artist or the numeration. Capitalization doesn't matter, but grammar does! This will help make it much easier for me to manage and order the rankings!

ENTRIES

Spotify | Apple Music

BANKS' song isn't available on Spotify/AM | Tame's song isn't available everywhere

Quick link to youtube in the song names

Spoiler

Cascada - Everytime We Touch
Bonnie McKee - Lovely
BANKS - In Your Eyes
Cat Power - Sea of Love
Ellie Goulding - Your Song
The Fugees - Killing Me Softly With His Song
Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Want To Have Fun
Jennifer Lopez - Waiting For Tonight
Mark Ronson - Valerie
Roisin Murphy - Ancora Ancora Ancora
Miley Cyrus - Every Rose Has Its Thorn
Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You
Ellie Goulding - Hanging On

Tame Impala - 'Cause I'm A Man (Haim Remix)

DEADLINE

You have 48 hours, until September 12th, 10:30PM EDT, to send in your rankings

If everyone sends in their rankings sooner, i will PTR sooner as well. 

Please post your critiques if you can! 

Bi5QTgd.png

Cascada - Everytime We Touch - I don't love the noisy dated production but this was cute at the time
Bonnie McKee - Lovely - Well this is lovely tbh, I forgot about Bonnie
BANKS - In Your Eyes - I really like the original version of this song and this is a nice cover
Cat Power - Sea of Love - Cute vocals but it made me sleepy :zzz:
Ellie Goulding - Your Song - This song makes me emotional tbh :weeps:
The Fugees - Killing Me Softly With His Song - Hmm banned but I do like this song, sad
Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Want To Have Fun - I had no idea this was a cover, I love this song tho, so fun
Jennifer Lopez - Waiting For Tonight - I had no idea this was a cover [2] and I also love this song, still sounds fresh, a dance bop
Mark Ronson - Valerie - Cute bop, it's fun, it's a good mood song :jamming: 
Roisin Murphy - Ancora Ancora Ancora - Interesting choice, kinda long, yeah thats all I've got
Miley Cyrus - Every Rose Has Its Thorn - It's a no from me, to the cover and the corny original
Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You - Well it's a classic
Ellie Goulding - Hanging On - Love the production of this song
Tame Impala - 'Cause I'm A Man (Haim Remix) - This is chill, idk the original, but this is okay

WHEW! We started with a banger. This is one of those fist pumping song that won’t ever age for me. Along with Better Off Alone and Call On Me <3

Bonnie McKee - Lovely

I really like the production of this song. The drop and the verses are great. Love Bonnie tbh. The chorus is lacking imo but it’s a nice cover overall. Really love that she put her own sound on it!

Cat Power - Sea of Love

tenor.gif

GREAT COVER, SO LOVELY. IT REALLY GIVES ME ALL THE FEELS <3 I WANT TO CRY OF HAPPINESS

Fugees - Killing Me Softly With His Song

Yeah I felt the same way while listening to this

Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

There’s an 80s themed bar in my city where i used to go a lot before the pandemic and this was played almost every night. A classic and I love it tbh. It does feel a little monotonous at time but the instrumental is just so good!

Jennifer Lopez - Waiting for Tonight

Really good JLo song <3 The first time I heard it was because of RPDR and it was a ****ty remix. Then i listened to this version and it’s so superior, by far. It’s kind of seductive and sultry; a vibe that I personally LOVE! THE HORNS during the last chorus WHEW

Mark Ronson, Amy Winehouse - Valerie

Very fisher price commercial, nice but I won’t be revisiting. Overrated x

There are times that long songs are not worth their length. BUT I love that this song has a lot of dynamics going on; it progresses in so many different ways and has so many changes! The first minute is kind of boring yes but it’s essential to the whole song. Really liked this

This is very cheesy and generic. I don’t mind it but I wouldn’t listen to it by choice. There are a lot of songs that already sound like this :/

636585587896343763-Image-1.png?width=640

YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND HOW MUCH I LOVE THIS SONG; HALCYON IS FAVORITE ALBUM OF ALL TIME

Tame Impala - ‘Cause I’m a Man (HAIM Remix)

This is actually good cause I love Tame Impala’s music <3 HAIM should start making music like this instead of what they usually do! Would like to get high to this :shy:

BANKS - In Your Eyes

The song and the whole vibe of it is really good. Love the dark seductive nature of it. At times her voice doesn’t sound as pleasing as I’d wish but it’s good overall

kbqUw5v.png

Peak eurotrash

Bonnie McKee - Lovely

Cute, but not better than the original

BANKS - In Your Eyes

I thought this was going to be a Kylie cover, disappointed, but Banks just doesn't have the range to pull off Kylie's masterpiece anyways xoxo.

Cat Power - Sea of Love

So I listened to the original, and I like that more. 

Same with the previous song, easily prefer the original more. 

Talent in the form of this entry, good job.

ye nah

Talent in the form of this entry, good job.[2]

Mark Ronson - Valerie

Talent in the form of this entry, good job.[3]

Talent in the form of this entry, good job.[4]

This reignites the passion of my hate for the original, thank you.

Meh

Like the original more, but it's decent.

One of my least fave remixes I've ever heard from them. 

i dont love gabe anymore i cant believe he sent enchanted

i love overprotexted my asc wienr

IaRLWMA.png

EVERYTIME WE TOUCH: It's very dated and very overrated, but it's still an enjoyable track at its core. 

LOVELY: Genuinely a lovely cover. It could have hit harder in certain places, but I like that it's a more upbeat take on Eilish's music, considering a lot of covers just try to emulate her style. 

IN YOUR EYES:  I'm not a big BANKS fan but this is a pretty intriguing track. I feel like it kinda drags on for too long (and that's partially due to the way that she sings), but the parts that hold my attention are very good. 

SEA OF LOVE: It's a beautiful track. It left me wanting a little more, but it's good. 

Your Song: This isn't bad at all, but I wouldn't say it's something that I would necessarily revisit 

Killing Me Softly: A banned song? (Regardless, as much as I like Lauryn Hill's solo material, The Fugees' songs don't do much for me) 

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun: Would have preferred to hear the Chromatics version tbh. It's solid, but Cyndi makes a few unpleasant choices in terms of her vocal delivery. 

Waiting For Tonight: I know that I'm in the minority on this, but this song does nothing for me at all, and is borderline annoying. 

Valerie: This really takes me back. I love this cover. 

Ancora Ancora Ancora: Another really alluring track. I'm worried I won't remember what it sounds like by the time the round is over, but I really like it. 

Every Rose Has Its Thorn: This is just aggressively Disney. I have no idea what the original sounds like, but you can tell it's a very diluted version of the song. 

I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU: Not gonna lie, I have very little attachment to this song, and would have preferred something like I'm Every Woman (though Chaka's version is better). It's not bad, but still just kinda there. 

Hanging On: Not one of the stronger songs here.

'Cause I'm A Man: Inoffensive. Middle of the road. 

7 minutes ago, thecptz said:

i love overprotexted my asc wienr

add me to the list of wienrs thread

thecptz

19 minutes ago, Overprotected said:

add me to the list of wienrs thread

thecptz

oh i know i forgot to do something thank u

thecptz

WRxt6dP.png

Spoiler

This is like the Potential Breakup Song of dance songs for me - a personal classic that I absolutely ADORE and can literally listen to over and over again. A wonderful, euphoric song.

Bonnie McKee - Lovely

Yeah, this one is a HARD NO for me. Maybe it’s because I absolutely love how haunting and beautiful the original is, but this feels so soulless and cheap to me. I’m actually annoyed I had to listen to this.

BANKS - In Your Eyes

It’s alright. Kind of just feels like your run-of-the-mill moody dark female cover to me - it’s a decent listen I guess, but very unmemorable and I was ready for it to be over after like 2 minutes.

Cat Power - Sea of Love

This is very cute. Stripped down acoustic covers are VERY hit-or-miss for me, but something about how raw this is combined with her very nice vocals makes this cover work for me.

Whew a classic cover. Songs like this really show how beautiful Ellie’s vocals can be on the right track. I’ve always really liked the balance she achieves with this cover, making the song her own without straying too far away from what makes the original a classic.

Not you taking a penalty on a song that I called overrated and inferior to the original when it was submitted during my season dfjkghkdf. Um… good luck?

YUP!!! Probably one of the all-time greatest examples of what an inventive, creative cover can do for a song. As the title suggests, this song is just SO fun. You can’t not smile listening to it.

Eh, this has never really done much for me. It’s a cute, fun listen, but that’s pretty much all the thoughts I have on it.

Mark Ronson - Valerie

Aw this made me think of Naya and now I’m sad. But anyways, this is a very good cover, I’ve always really enjoyed it. The horns and her jazzy vocals work so well together.

Ooh this is cool. There’s a lot going on in this but it all works together pretty well for the most part. I initially thought this would be one of those songs that I got bored of quickly, but it definitely kept my attention.

I thought I was going to find this cute when it first started, but omg that chorus is a MESS djkfhgkjdf. It’s like actually kinda entertaining to listen to because of how silly and cringey it is.

A classic for a reason!! We stan EXCELLENCE!! Do I care that this is an “obvious choice”? Absolutely not. You gave a fantastic choice for this round and anyone who’s bitter at it being obvious is just pressed they weren’t fast enough to snatch it themselves.

So when I first discovered Halcyon, I was OBSESSED with this track. Like it was literally my favourite song on the album. Then I thought I was over it and didn’t like it anymore. But now I’m listening to it again and I’m enjoying it quite a lot again? I still wish the chorus wasn’t so noisy and obnoxious, but the verses (particularly the first verse) are great.

This was a nice, chill listen. Didn’t wow me enough to be near the top of my ranking, but definitely won’t be at the bottom either.

RDfTwGt.png

Cascada - Everytime We Touch - as a European I obvs stan, big BOP :jonny5: x

Bonnie McKee - Lovely - what a.. weird choice :rip:  this feels SO lifeless and faceless compared to the original, a big no-no

BANKS - In Your Eyes - this.. sounds like a struggle :rip: imma pass

Cat Power - Sea of Love - pretty x

Ellie Goulding - Your Song - it's the way she ate that old hag Elton up YUPPPP walk em like dog a sis

The Fugees - Killing Me Softly With His Song - 11 rounds in and y'all still can't check the banned songs list?? anyways I actually like this but this is a comp so..

tough luck babez!

Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Want To Have Fun - ahh this classic :jonny5: very fun bop 

Jennifer Lopez - Waiting For Tonight - it's the way drag race ruined this for me. I guess it's not the worst so far but it don't do much for me either
Mark Ronson - Valerie - :)  it's a song alright

Roisin Murphy - Ancora Ancora Ancora - very cute x I like

Miley Cyrus - Every Rose Has Its Thorn - I am SO lost by this :bibliahh: if this was a song sent before letters unbanning then I would get it, but it has a t in it so :deadbanana: it's a NO from me

Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You - It's okay

Ellie Goulding - Hanging On - the servery she's displaying this round oh WOW!!!!!!

Tame Impala - 'Cause I'm A Man (Haim Remix) - it's the way i'm PISSEDDD that they took this off streaming services for NO reason :biblio:  anyways as someone who sent TI twice this szn, I'm obviously gonna stan hard lol! Love the original a lot and this one is great too, love the vocal performance here x

1RywnoC.png

EVERYTIME WE TOUCH - classic bop.

LOVELY - Boring and repetitive and the production is horrible.

IN YOUR EYES - It's okay. Very BANKS.

SEA OF LOVE - So pure and beautiful :jonny:.

YOUR SONG - It's alright. I definitely prefer the original.

KILLING ME SOFTLY WITH HIS SONG - WHEWW. This banned clasique.

GIRLS JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN - An annoying classic.

WAITING FOR TONIGHT - Absolute mega smash.

VALERIE - Cute lil classic.

ANCORA ANCORA ANCORA - Absolutely gorgeous.

EVERY ROSE HAS ITS THORN -

I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU - Annoying classic.

HANGING ON - One of my favorite Ellie songs. The original is also good.

'CAUSE I'M A MAN (HAIM REMIX) - I've come to really really like the original song over time. HAIM did a nice job with this cover.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.