HDD: Folklore to debut with +650K

Tistotal

3 hours ago, onewillowsilk said:

There are loads of physicals available on her site and they count twice seeing as they include a separate digital download and the new rules by Billboard that prevent that aren't in effect yet. 

2 hours ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

I just saw this comment on another forum:

What do u think?

“It's not entirely without physical copies - as there are plenty of physicals available on Taylor's website, and they count twice (since they include a separate digital download - and Billboard's rule prohibiting that doesn't take effect until August). The main thing that's "missing" here is the assortment of Target collector's editions, which have historically been a major factor for Taylor (though if IIRC, not quite as much for Lover).

Now, don't get me wrong, the number is still great for 2020 - and would be even if there WERE Target editions available. I just wanted to point out that Hits' post is a bit misleading, as it treats D2C and physical as mutually exclusive”.

Physical albums with digital downloads do not count twice, they never have. The digital download is a part of the physical release, if you ever buy things in person like vinyl they usually always come with a digital download, it’s for consumer convenience. It’s not the same as a piece of merchandise bundled with an album, that is treated as two separate things because it is two different items in one.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nova_23

• mcohen

• onewillowsilk

• Buffy

17 minutes ago, Hidden said:

Don't get me wrong but I was afraid Republic would stop investing on her after the investment Lover had and disappointment it brought.

She redeemed herself tho!

This music is not my cup of tea but I'm glad she's back on top and smashing Scooter's record with Ariana's tyn

You thought that Republic would stop investing on her after she released the 7th biggest female album of the SPS era that is still Top 40 on the B200 and multiple other countries? :toofunny3:

Edited by mcohen

11 minutes ago, mcohen said:

You thought that Republic would stop investing on her after she released the 7th biggest female album of the SPS era that is still Top 40 on the B200 and multiple other countries? :toofunny3:

Not exactly the way you make it sound, but like pushing singles to radio, investing on her usually extremely high budget videos, etc. But ofc she's still such a force and they'd never lose her since she sells albums (even if Lover hasn't sold half of what her older ones did)

19 minutes ago, mcohen said:

The jokes write themselves :bibliahh:

35 minutes ago, Hidden said:

Don't get me wrong but I was afraid Republic would stop investing on her after the investment Lover had and disappointment it brought.

She redeemed herself tho!

This music is not my cup of tea but I'm glad she's back on top and smashing Scooter's record with Ariana's tyn

You make it sound like Lover sold 300k max and only went gold. fffff

:deadbanana:

Edited by thatsmydemi

6 minutes ago, Hidden said:

Not exactly the way you make it sound, but like pushing singles to radio, investing on her usually extremely high budget videos, etc. But ofc she's still such a force and they'd never lose her since she sells albums (even if Lover hasn't sold half of what her older ones did)

Lover is at 6M WW though, it's probably gonna be at 6.5M next year when all said and done, which will be like 1M less than Reputation :dies: 

19 minutes ago, Squall said:

Lover is at 6M WW though, it's probably gonna be at 6.5M next year when all said and done, which will be like 1M less than Reputation :dies: 

Bitch I'm not really criticizing her but we all must agree Republic believed in her a lot to the point they agreed on her masters being hers, but then Lover had two weak #2 singles and a #10 single ppl didn't like and "the man" ppl ignored, her radio presence was also weak and her media presence was attacked since day 1 (mostly after Me's performance and the Beyoncé comparisons). It was an underperformance, you can't just pretend it was on 1989/Red or even reputation's level. But still, a Taylor underperformance would be a career dream peak for most female artists and I'm just celebrating the fact she defied all ods with folklore and came back on top. No need to be so defensive

2 minutes ago, Hidden said:

Bitch I'm not really criticizing her but we all must agree Republic believed in her a lot to the point they agreed on her masters being hers, but then Lover had two weak #2 singles and a #10 single ppl didn't like and "the man" ppl ignored, her radio presence was also weak and her media presence was attacked since day 1 (mostly after Me's performance and the Beyoncé comparisons). It was an underperformance, you can't just pretend it was on 1989/Red or even reputation's level. But still, a Taylor underperformance would be a career dream peak for most female artists and I'm just celebrating the fact she defied all ods with folklore and came back on top. No need to be so defensive

It actually didn't do worse than Reputation, it didn't even have a stadium tour to support it :skull: It just did as good, even if singles could have been bigger yes

She’s untouchable :deadbanana4:

• ATRL Moderator
7 hours ago, Nova_23 said:

What if it increases the way Lover did :jonny5: Lover's first prediction from HDD was 600-750k :oh:

And Lover had nowhere near the amount of positive word of mouth this album does as well, I could see a lot more people who don't usually check out a Taylor Swift album streaming this as the week goes on :clap3:

6 hours ago, Hidden said:

We can't say Republic were "disappointed" with Lover's performance. Where is the evidence of this? The song still spanned 3 Top 10 singles and sold over 6 million copies WW with no tour to support it. Republic are a record label. I'm sure they understand that albums do better than others depending on the musical direction, time of release etc. 

Quarantine did that :clap3: 

11 hours ago, onewillowsilk said:

Great numbers, but the numbers for her next album will definitely be interesting because she won't have the cushion of bundles next time. One last hurrah, I guess. 

it's been quite a few 500k+ HURRAHS and I'm sure any artist would happily take it. :clown:

12 hours ago, slw84 said:

It really is true.

Blonde controversial top selling females really aren't in the same category as their peers (the GAP between their stats and their peers is just:fan:):

80s top selling female:

tumblr_mdrpupWVuf1qj28qwo1_r1_500.gif

90s top selling female:

tumblr_neotoivblA1th0lu3o1_400.gif

00s top selling female:

34nEls3.gif

10s top selling female:

GLtWh3P.gif

Taylor is coming to collect her things and you will either give them to her or she will snatch your entire cover up

giphy.gif

STUNT on dem lessers, legend

anigif_enhanced-19557-1398255803-10.gif

WHEW

22 minutes ago, hayneqtx said:

With 19 different editions

GREAT

Imagine than when other artists STRUGGLE to sell one edition of their albums

15 hours ago, Timber said:

I believe Lemonade is 3x platinum, you might be confusing her with someone else?

No, we all know exactly what those releases are

anyone thinking this is low is dumb.. and bundle is only counted once.

even if you sell 5 cd + 1 digital, it's 1 sales.

6 hours ago, hayneqtx said:

GREAT

16* (actually 8 since the vinyls are the same)

You must be really stupid or mad to think people will buy them all. Fans will all find a couple of versions they like and buy them, that’s all.

At the end of the day, there are « only » 8 books to collect and other pop stars could do the same thing, they still wouldn’t crack 300k.

and that's without ANY physical album :jonny:her power

This is just AMAZING :deadbanana2:

13 hours ago, hayneqtx said:

GREAT

The way Taylor can sell 19 (*16) different editions of her album but other artists are struggling to sell just 1 :heart2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.