Is this the greatest AM slayage by a female ever?

Timber

I don't remember better:

1 NEW
Taylor Swift - the 1
2 NEW
Taylor Swift - cardigan
3 NEW
Taylor Swift - exile (feat. Bon Iver)
4 NEW
Taylor Swift - the last great american dynasty
5 NEW
Taylor Swift - my tears ricochet
6 NEW
Taylor Swift - mirrorball
7 NEW
Taylor Swift - august
8 -7
J. Cole - The Climb Back
9 NEW
Taylor Swift - seven
10 -8
Pop Smoke - For the Night (feat. Lil Baby & DaBaby)
11 NEW
Taylor Swift - this is me trying
12 NEW
Taylor Swift - invisible string
13 NEW
Taylor Swift - illicit affairs
14 -11
J. Cole - Lion King On Ice
15 NEW
Taylor Swift - mad woman
16 NEW
Gunna - STREET SWEEPER (feat. Future)
17 NEW
Taylor Swift - betty
18 -13
DJ Khaled - POPSTAR (feat. Drake)
19 -11
DaBaby - ROCKSTAR (feat. Roddy Ricch)
20 -11
Lil Baby & 42 Dugg - We Paid
21 -15
Juice WRLD & Marshmello - Come & Go
22 NEW
Gunna - 200 FOR LUNCH
23 -13
Pop Smoke - The Woo (feat. 50 Cent & Roddy Ricch)
24 NEW
Taylor Swift - epiphany
25 -18
DJ Khaled - GREECE (feat. Drake)
26 NEW
Taylor Swift - peace
27 NEW
Gunna - DOLLAZ ON MY HEAD (feat. Young Thug)
28 -17
Juice WRLD - Wishing Well
29 NEW
Taylor Swift - hoax

And the competition is rough at the moment. 

For example, the latest female duet mega hit is already down to:

136 -55
Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande - Rain On Me
Edited by Timber

ariana occupied top 12 :rip: needy hit #1 (2-3 days after the release iirc) :rip: do a research before posting such nonsense

Like @Valtersen said...

• Ariana Grande occupied the entire top 12.

Also...

• Jhene Aiko held the entire top 8 this year.

• Kehlani also held the entire top six. 

• Summer Walker also held the entire top six.

:rip:

Edited by GoodGuyGoneGhetto

12 minutes ago, Valtersen said:

ariana occupied top 12 :rip: needy hit #1 (2-3 days after the release iirc) :rip: do a research before posting such nonsense

Okay so to summarize, Taylor did the same thing except for position #8 and #10. Instead, she also has position #13, 15, 17, 24, 26, 29, which equate to more streams than positions #8 and #12. At the very least its debatable. :rip:

3 minutes ago, Timber said:

Okay so to summarize, Taylor did the same thing except for position #8 and #10. Instead, she also has position #13, 15, 17, 24, 26, 29, which equate to more streams than positions #8 and #12. At the very least its debatable. :rip:

ariana only had 12 songs on the album tho :cm:

15 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Like @Valtersen said...

Also...

The most impressive aspect is the music genre Taylor is dominating on AM US with....

The most interesting question is: Is it the first time an album (male or female) that is not mainstream pop or urban is slaying this hard on AM US? It's potentially a record.

3 minutes ago, skyandground said:

The most interesting question is: Is it the first time an album (male or female) that is not mainstream pop or urban is slaying this hard on AM US? It's potentially a record.

Well also WWAFA but Billie didn't debut like this

Edited by mcohen

31 minutes ago, Valtersen said:

Nnn  :deadbanana4: :deadbanana4:

7 minutes ago, skyandground said:

This is so much specifity for a ‘record’ :rip:

OT: I’m gonna say no but it’s impressive nonetheless.

17 minutes ago, skyandground said:

The most impressive aspect is the music genre Taylor is dominating on AM US with....

Playing devils advocate here but I think were forgetting that this is still 1st day stats. Its Taylor Swift. And its a Taylor Swift surprise ALBUM release. Lets check in 2-3 days when the dust settles.

I love Folklore so much but we cant judge an albums actual performance on first day stats alone. LWYMMD topped AM US but its probably one of her biggest underperformances for a lead (aside from ME!th :rip:)

Poor Hoax. such a great closer. 

better than Daylight for sure.

Of course you had to find a way to shade Gaga in a thread that’s not even about her :skull: 

Timber

OT: TUN is, but this is still really good.

as people have already mentioned, Ariana occupied the entire top 12. not only that, but the clean version of the album was at #2 behind the explicit so it was like she had 2 albums slaying at the same time :deadbanana2:

4 minutes ago, channel orange said:

as people have already mentioned, Ariana occupied the entire top 12. not only that, but the clean version of the album was at #2 behind the explicit so it was like she had 2 albums slaying at the same time :deadbanana2:

Like folklore. Queens :deadbanana2:

4 hours ago, Valtersen said:

needy :jonny6: the signature hit that got away

This is huge for a female pop artist, considering that nothing in Folklore is urban sounding.

4 minutes ago, Green said:

This is huge for a female pop artist, considering that nothing in Folklore is urban sounding.

This. I don’t care what Ariana achieved because her genre is WITHIN AM’s parameters regarding its demographics. Obviously her album was destined to do well. Folklore is an ANOMALY. It isn’t the sound AM’s audience typically listens to. Comparing Taylor and Ariana is like apples to oranges. Two totally distinct artists who are musically steering in two different hemispheres. The fact Taylor is decimating the AM charts is very telling. There’s a significant shift right now in AM’s audience. Her achievement here speaks louder than Ariana. This isn’t to say anything bad about Ariana either. This is simply giving praise where praise is substantially due for Folklore.

20 minutes ago, Buffy said:

This. I don’t care what Ariana achieved because her genre is WITHIN AM’s parameters regarding its demographics. Obviously her album was destined to do well. Folklore is an ANOMALY. It isn’t the sound AM’s audience typically listens to. Comparing Taylor and Ariana is like apples to oranges. Two totally distinct artists who are musically steering in two different hemispheres. The fact Taylor is decimating the AM charts is very telling. There’s a significant shift right now in AM’s audience. Her achievement here speaks louder than Ariana. This isn’t to say anything bad about Ariana either. This is simply giving praise where praise is substantially due for Folklore.

:cm: 

On 7/25/2020 at 12:41 AM, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Like @Valtersen said...

Also...

And they all stayed longer. 

I mean if AM released numbers it'd be easier to know. We know folklore debuted with 35.47M streams, but for Jhene, Ariana I'm not sure their numbers have been published. 

peterstyles13
On 7/25/2020 at 12:34 AM, Valtersen said:

Republic (Ariana and Taylor's label) confirmed Folklore was the biggest debut ever for pop artists, beating TUN so at the end of the day the exact positions they had doesn't matter that much :michael:

OT: I don't know if it's the "greatest slayage ever" but you have to take into consideration the demographics that use Apple Music to begin with. Urban-influenced music dominates Apple Music CONSTANTLY. Given the indie/folk genre of Taylor's album, this is EXTREMELY impressive :clap3:

Edited by peterstyles13

36 minutes ago, EarStyle said:

And they all stayed longer. 

12 minutes ago, aliciavikanders said:

I mean if AM released numbers it'd be easier to know. We know folklore debuted with 35.47M streams, but for Jhene, Ariana I'm not sure their numbers have been published. 

Exactly.

Jhene Aiko, for example, did over 100M+ streams in a week from AM alone mostly, as her Spotify stats. were obviously week due to poor playlisting and the fact that her demographic doesn’t use Spotify as much.

Kehlani, Summer Walker and Ariana Grande all dominated too. 

I can’t wait to see how Rihanna performs there, as well as Adele and Billie Eilish with her next album.

Edited by GoodGuyGoneGhetto

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.