Billboard Hot 100: Ed #1 (12th week), Harry #4

KCLA

1 minute ago, St. Charles said:

Wait, that's crazy. I thought Congratulations was stalling. It really went from the mid 30's to #11 THAT QUICK. :clap3:

he finally gave in and discounted the song

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• QueenofCopyPaste

• alexanderao

• brianc33710

5 hours ago, 45seconds said:

The boys are STOMPING on the girls this year, what is happening :dies:

and it continues...:cool:

5 hours ago, Paddy said:

no major pop girl released this year so far? I mean, all the boys are releasing now so they don't have to compete with the gals.

Taylor, Gaga, Katy, Nicki released...

2 hours ago, Isaiah said:

Mariah ALWAYS wins :eatpopcorn:

tumblr_n64lqyuyXe1tvt1gto6_250.gif

QueenofCopyPaste

Every chart predictors in PulseMusicBoards have HUMBLE. as their #1 next week :jonny: 

On 16/4/2017 at 2:28 PM, SupahBass05 said:

More than Joanne :eek:

:eek:

But ATRL told me that they were fads? :confused:

Congrats. :clap3:

12 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

Yet Billboard clearly states it received points because of fan made streams...

Song was #1 on Soundcloud before the meme existed. The meme isn't that popular, I'd say it contributes to less than 10% of the points. The song, however, IS huge.

3 hours ago, Jeiboy said:

Given how chart-savvy he is, I wouldnt be surprised if he does it to all versions :shakeno:

watch him discount it to $0.59:gaycat3:

7 hours ago, igetfilthy said:

Billboard Hot 100: #2(+1) That's What I Like, Bruno Mars [13 weeks]. *re-peak; fourth week at #2*

Its amazing to see that how one Grammy performance made this song smash so hard. Well deserved, its really addictive and smooth as silk. :clap3:

Can "Swalla" go top 10 already :dancehall:

26 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

Zomg! Number one on SoundCloud!  Clearly the biggest hit in the world then! :)

soundcloud is such a small percent of the overall formula.

nevertheless, the song is being assisted by the memes. And will continue to be assisted by them, making the song bigger than it would have been.

Every song probably has memes about it though. I could probably find a Shape Of You or Body Like A Back Road meme somewhere. Just some memes go more viral than others.

And yeah, XO Tour Life might be #10 instead of #8 this week if it wasn't for the memes, but it's not THAT big of a deal.

2 hours ago, FutureHive said:

i thought xo tour llif3 was a faster rising hit than mask of

great news for future tho

Mask Off has a decent amount of airplay and is gaining relatively quickly, while XO doesn't have any yet

50 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

Zomg! Number one on SoundCloud!  Clearly the biggest hit in the world then! :)

soundcloud is such a small percent of the overall formula.

nevertheless, the song is being assisted by the memes. And will continue to be assisted by them, making the song bigger than it would have been.

The #LilUziVertChallenge started more than a month ago and only lasted for a couple of days. It wasn't a meme for the song, it was people imitating Uzi's signature shoulder dance. This was the only video that actually popped off from the challenge. 90% of the videos for the "challenge" don't even use XO Tour Llif3 in the background. 

Dance videos that people have been making for the song like...

...are WAY more popular than that challenge. It's not being assisted by memes.

Edited by Saeju

1 hour ago, Destiny said:

Can "Swalla" go top 10 already :dancehall:

for real

he just abandoned

I hope Swalla goes top30 next week 

11 minutes ago, Clueless said:

How many more weeks for Shape of You? I'm upset that it's beating Closer :rip: 

It won't have beaten Closer if Kendrick overtakes it next week. :chick3: 

Just now, alexanderao said:

It won't have beaten Closer if Kendrick overtakes it next week.  :chick3:

We can only hope :chick3:

I think HUMBLE. is going to hit number #1 next week with all those huge streaming numbers, 

Hope bruno can snatch at least one week at #1 after Kendrick and I also hope Gaga's "The Cure" can reach top 10, It's such a bop and It's amazing she's coming back to the pop music, It could be a perfect summer anthem on USA...

Edited by Capruni

43 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

You say tomahto, I say tomahto.

its all the same thing,it's all memes, clines, ripoff so whatever term you want to use.

and they all help the song, which I would think is a good thing.  But leave it to stans to shoot a gift horse in the foot.

I don't even really care tbh. Like you said, it's a form of promotion. Rap / Hip Hop artists aren't getting the same promotion like Pop artists do. They aren't really get played on mainstream pop radio stations and etc. And people aren't going to buy / stream a song that a meme or viral video is based off of if they don't like it.  

It just bothers me how ATRL like @NE. said is constantly pushing this 'disgusting meme rap' narrative for every popular hip hop song in order to drag the genre and recent achievements.

Edited by Saeju

Remember, BB also awards songs sales points when artists release albums. Hello and The Hills both received Greatest Gainer awards the week the album drops, even if the sales plummet due to CMA that week.

8 hours ago, Jeiboy said:

Well it has 30 million AI right now..it will certainly be higher right? during last day of tracking week? :eli: 

That's Mediabase. Billboard uses Soundscan airplay and they had Humble at 23M yesterday.