Cardi: second female EVER to have 3x 1B song on Spotify

Badboidami

57 minutes ago, Badboidami said:

I know, I know. I don't discredit her at all. I like her. The point of that post was that user is obsessed... :skull:

oh i didnt read the quote chain skdnd

Only the queen of rap from New York, who is ALSO a Billboard #1 song hit maker THREE times and a Grammy winner! 

Nice numbers! Some nice features on all those tracks, would love to see the same people congratulating Cardi also congratulate other artists who surpass milestones with other artists featured on their tracks! 

11 minutes ago, Black Jesus said:

Nice numbers! Some nice features on all those tracks, would love to see the same people congratulating Cardi also congratulate other artists who surpass milestones with other artists featured on their tracks! 

ummm ok?

Black Jesus

11 hours ago, Black Jesus said:

You mean taking a song that no one will remember 2 years from now from #5 to #1 for 1 week? Gratz bro. 

Now seriously, if it was the same situation you would be right. A collab with Nicki would help the main artist in 2010-2014. Right now Nicki's collabs are more helping her keeping her name alive than her own music. That's not a bad thing since EVERY artist will get to this point (beside Beyonce and Rihanna i guess) but right now Cardi is in a place when her name is bigger than her hosts. 

10 hours ago, e_yal said:

You mean taking a song that no one will remember 2 years from now from #5 to #1 for 1 week? Gratz bro. 

Now seriously, if it was the same situation you would be right. A collab with Nicki would help the main artist in 2010-2014. Right now Nicki's collabs are more helping her keeping her name alive than her own music. That's not a bad thing since EVERY artist will get to this point (beside Beyonce and Rihanna i guess) but right now Cardi is in a place when her name is bigger than her hosts. 

First, wasn't necessarily talking about Nicki but since you want to go there, people haven't been giving Nicki her credit for features for her entire career, not just now. My point is, if you're gonna give someone props for an achievement for songs that feature other huge name artists (which all of those songs contain huge artists) and none of them solo (which I've said I'm not holding against her), it's pretty interesting to turn around and discredit another artist for having a similar situation. 

On 6/8/2020 at 11:25 AM, Black Jesus said:

an achievement for songs that feature other huge name artists (which all of those songs contain huge artists

Hmmm, why are these 1B streamed songs the only tracks of Selena, Bad Bunny, J Balvin, Maroon 5, Ozuna to cross 1B then? These people had other huge collabs and they didn't cross 1B  for some reason.

50 minutes ago, Badboidami said:

Hmmm, why are these 1B streamed songs the only tracks of Selena, Bad Bunny, J Balvin, Maroon 5, Ozuna to cross 1B then? These people had other huge collabs and they didn't cross 1B  for some reason.

What's your point? Has she had a solo song cross 1B streams? Sure she's been a reason, just like some certain artists featured on tracks are part of the reason songs are successful, but let's not be delusional in saying she's the only reason. Taki Taki features several major artists, GLY was Maroon 5's biggest hit in a LONG time, and ILI was a hit feautring the 2 biggest names in Latin music. My point is, if you're gonna credit an aritst for accomplishing something with tracks featuring other artists, you can't turn around on another and bash them for their accomplishments on songs that they're on with other artists. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.