? DIAMOND HIT ? Farewell / Next Season Announcement pg.328 ?

fountain

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• ceremonials

• Jackson

• Temporal

Top Posters In This Topic

Mess at Berlin fitting Wake With the Moon Records to a T :gaycat3: 

Just now, Jackson said:

who own which label :gaycat3: 

i'm leaving it up to each judge to choose whether they want to expose their label or not

Definitely doing the moon option!

These are all much better options than what we usually get, though.

2 minutes ago, Jackson said:

who own which label :gaycat3: 

If I had to guess, I'd say:

Moon: Temporal

Fat Rat: Cupid

Angry Mom: Pears

Birthright: Hugamari

5 minutes ago, keshaspearsxo said:

i'm leaving it up to each judge to choose whether they want to expose their label or not

Ok, I know this is a really dumb question, and I'd love to hear from the other judges about this too (@Hugamari, @Temporal, @Cupid, but how are judges planning on rating the songs? By lyrical quality, or a mix between that and how accurately they match the record labels needs? Because I feel like, more specifically for Angry Mom Records, where they don't want what would be a typical DH entry, how would that stand up against the other, more descriptive categories? If that makes sense.

Edited by SaintWest

1 minute ago, Hugamari said:

Okay, well if we're leaving it up to the judges.

I'm Birthright Ent.

called it :rip:

3 minutes ago, keshaspearsxo said:

well Cupid basically told me which one was his before results and I know the rat one is hunty :cm: 

1 minute ago, Achilles. said:

If I had to guess, I'd say:

Moon: Temporal

Fat Rat: Cupid

Angry Mom: Pears

Birthright: Hugamari

switch hunter and pears and this is right

who owns which one doesn't really have any impact tbh, altho obviously the ones who came up with their label have a more vivid idea of what they are looking for a may judge it slightly harsher. but we're not doing that "hiring" thing with bonus points like in other seasons so 

Just now, ceremonials said:

switch hunter and pears and this is right

p sure the moon one is cupid 

Just now, keshaspearsxo said:

who owns which one doesn't really have any impact tbh, altho obviously the ones who came up with their label have a more vivid idea of what they are looking for a may judge it slightly harsher. but we're not doing that "hiring" thing with bonus points like in other seasons so 

OK that was what i was concerned about so I guess it doesn't matter :cm: 

I did a parody based off of someone leaving a popular group last time I had a label, too.

It was a parody of Jessica leaving Girls' Generation

Just now, Jackson said:

p sure the moon one is cupid 

i was sure that was pears n

but i guess it could be. im most likely doing moon though, i think a political song might work out well for me.

1 minute ago, SaintWest said:

Ok, I know this is a really dumb question, and I'd love to hear from the other judges about this too (@Hugamari, @Temporal, @Cupid, but how are judges planning on rating the songs? By lyrical quality, or a mix between that and how accurately they match the record labels needs? Because I feel like, more specifically for Angry Mom Records, where they don't want what would be a typical DH entry, how would that stand up against the other, more descriptive categories? If that makes sense.

a mix of course. 

3 minutes ago, SaintWest said:

for example if your numbers boy song would've been submitted to angry mom id probably have given it a better score than I did last round because it fit the brief of being catchy, memorable, simple etc. whereas last round it was based moreso on overall quality. still though i wouldn't have given it a perfect score or anything because i believe you can mix the concept of being fun, simple or pop as well with lyrical quality and i felt like the numbers concept was still not the best. so, yes, a balance. 

6 minutes ago, Jackson said:

OK that was what i was concerned about so I guess it doesn't matter :cm: 

it doesn't really make sense to me to include it tbh, rather it'd be better to just factor it into our judging process 

A popular song (well, not "popular", but probably known to the girls on ATRL) that I would accept for my label would be Roman Holiday by Nicki Minaj, it's conceptual and dark once you look into it.

Gonna try to think of other popular songs that I think would work for my label, even though I already mentioned The Weeknd specifically.