Vanishing Letters 6 | WINNER: Psycho a.k.a. jamesfrog

clue

Lush Life - I've always find this song overrated but it'll prolly rank high on my list x

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• clue

• Psycho

• thecptz

• Touch It

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I should get bonus points for doing this btw x

Spoiler

Calvin Harris - Feel So Close

• I like this song. It feels so late summer. His voice is just not the t.

Calvin Harris - Feels

• The better Calvin Harris entry this round. This totally gives a summer vibes. It does favor you for me given that Katy is here but I would have loved to see Heatstroke here. I just love Ariana's vocals in the chorus of that song.

CHVRCHES - Leave a Trace

• This is okay. I see how this fits the theme. I kinda like it too.

Demi Lovato - Cool for the Summer

• This is Demi at ha best. Hands down. I don't like her much as an artists but I know a great song when I hear one. Will defnitely get points from me.

Dua Lipa - Hotter Than Hell

• Young Zula Lapeep in the house. Levitating is ha better entry this round (and probably on of her best songs ever don't @ me) but this is a good song nonetheless.

Inna - Fool Me

• This is not doing it for me. It's cute but the vibes feels kinda fall-ish tbh. It doesn't help that in the lyrics, she says "And now summer is gone", I-

Katharine McPhee - Open Toes

• What is this? :biblio:

Katy Perry - California Gurls

• The embodiment of a summer song. They don't do it like this anymore. A winner.

Lorde - Green Light

• The lyrics is of course about moving on but failing to do so but man, that production is so godly and still summery. I keep remembering that video I saw on Twitter where she discusses how she made this goddamn masterpiece.

Madonna - Holiday

• That was a classic. That was a classic.

Maggie Rogers - Love You for a Long Time

• This is cute. I use.

ROSALÍA - Aute Cuture

• Con Altura is so much better but this is still good.

ROSALÍA - Con Altura

• YAAAAAAAAAAAS GAAAAAAAAAAWD! A major bop.:katie2:

Sofía Reyes - R.I.P.

•  What is this? :biblio: [2]

Tiësto - Ritual

• Thank God someone redeemed Rita here. This is much better than the song before it and feels total summer.

Zara Larsson - All the Time

• This overrated mess. Too generic, almost the bad kind. It doesn't feel too summery for me too.

Edited by touya kinomoto

REMOVE ME FROM THIS ****ED UP GAME @clue

My song has mixed reviews. Everyone with taste likes it, everyone that eats ass for breakfast doesn't like it. Interesting.

the way anytime I send a CPG it backfires

r6A0vbq.gif

She Looks So Perfect - I still like this song yup

Summertime Magic - a cute chill summer bop

Summertime - I enjoyed it

Levitating - A BOP 

Senorita - a cute bop

Mi chico latino - she's a cute girl I guess

Summer Girl - another chill bop

Teenage Dream - a classic!

Doin' Time - this is everything, Lana really did that

Hot Girl Summer - um...

XS - STREAM THIS SONG AND SAWAYAMA EVERYWHERE

Cruel Summer - deserves to smash this summer

Hopscotch - it's okay x

Lush Life - this basic ass song

2 hours ago, Witch Privilege said:

My song has mixed reviews. Everyone with taste likes it, everyone that eats ass for breakfast doesn't like it. Interesting.

What group am i?

I didn't even liked the song I sent, I thought people will like it. I guess I flopped again this time.

Don't forget to send me your rankings for your group (Group 1: 1-15, Group 2: 1-13)

If I @'d you but you sent your rankings already, please let me know

Deadline is tomorrow, April 24, 11:59 PM EST

28 minutes ago, clue said:

Don't forget to send me your rankings for your group (Group 1: 1-15, Group 2: 1-13)

If I @'d you but you sent your rankings already, please let me know

Deadline is tomorrow, April 24, 11:59 PM EST

I said rihmove me from this ****

dDNhsUx.png

Group 1

Calvin Harris - Feel So Close: Not his best vocal track but also not bad. Definitely has some nostalgic appeal to it. It fits the theme too. 

Calvin Harris - Feels: I lowkey like this and think it should've been bigger than what it was.

CHVRCHES - Leave a Trace: Never been a fan of them but this is okay. Doesn't leave much of an impression on me tho. 

Demi Lovato - Cool for the Summer: One of her tolerable songs that I don't mind keeping on. It still funny how she chose to release this late af. I imagine it could've been more successful if released recently due to synthwave influenced pop being slightly more popular. 

Dua Lipa - Hotter Than Hell:  I used to like this back in 2016 but now? Eh. The chorus isn't exactly replayable to me either. It does have a summer vibe though so there's that. 

Inna - Fool Me: Romanian pop songs are very hit and miss for me and this is leaning towards the latter.  

Katharine McPhee - Open Toes: Wasn't amused the first time i've heard this, and i'm not amused now. 

Katy Perry - California Gurls: Fun song and great summer choice. 

Lorde - Green Light: I've always found this to be middling since the chorus ruins this song for me. Not a fan tbh. 

Madonna - Holiday: 80s Madonna is best Madonna. With that said, I like it even though it doesn't feel all that summer'd to me.  

Maggie Rogers - Love You for a Long Time: A bit bland and boring for me. 

ROSALÍA - Aute Cuture: One of her best songs. Catchy and w/ some personality. 

ROSALÍA - Con Altura: One of her best songs [2]. I prefer Aute Cuture a bit but reggaeton still deserves more appreciation. 

Sofía Reyes - R.I.P.:  However, this is really generic and cheap reggaeton that's comparable to the likes of taki taki. 

Tiësto - Ritual: I guess Rita Ora is poison in a way cuz this isn't it either. 

Zara Larsson - All the Time: Not really good but not awful either. 

Group 2

5 Seconds of Summer - She Looks So Perfect: Nahhh

Childish Gambino - Summertime Magic: Gambino should stick to acting or whatever cuz his music is just...  :rip: 

DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - Summertime: This nails it here. Props for sending an unexpected artist choice too.

Dua Lipa - Levitating: I realize this is a fan favorite but it doesn't get me moving much. Still, I will probably give it something. 

(G)I-DLE - Senorita: There's some moments of this song that I like but overall it doesn't really work for me.

Geri Halliwell - Mi chico latino: Not much fire here. 

HAIM - Summer Girl: Not feeling this either :katie:

Katy Perry - Teenage Dream: I miss 2010 bros. Bring me back :monkey:

Lana Del Rey - Doin' Time: Turned out to be one of my favorite lana songs cuz of the melodies. Will rank this high. 

Megan thee Stallion - Hot Girl Summer: For this round, this is one of the better entries. 

Rina Saayama - XS: I don't initially think of summer when listening to this but it's good so it'll get points.  

Taylor Swift - Cruel Summer: Inoffensive and nothing special. 

Tinashe - Hopscotch: Average at best. I feel there were stronger choices of summer vibes from the same album this is from too.  

Zara Larsson - Lush Life: Better than the other song by her but this is definitely on the "dated" side.

• ATRL Moderator
17 hours ago, clue said:

So more on the theme argument:

For me, I will rank based on how much I like the song a bit more than how well it fits the theme. But you are all entitled to rank however you want. Your best bet would just be to send good songs that you also know fit the theme well at the same time (so there will be no confusion/offenses). I will try to approve songs that fit the theme more, but I can't guarantee it. But, if you send something that I know is totally off base for the theme, I will reject it.

are the themes this season going to be more subjective? like "summer vibes" ... vs. last season which had 2019 album tracks, songs referencing food, etc. as the restrictions. 

Just now, Element said:

are the themes this season going to be more subjective? like "summer vibes" ... vs. last season which had 2019 album tracks, songs referencing food, etc. as the restrictions. 

No, they won't be more subjective. We'll have varying themes like last season

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, clue said:

No, they won't be more subjective. We'll have varying themes like last season

sounds good! thank you 

She Looks So Perfect

a bop in 2014 (or whenever it was a smash), don’t know if it aged properly, nor if it’s a summer song 

Duhmdurum

No but i fwu for trying ❤️

Summertime Magic

a snooze I’m sorry to this man 

Summertime

No but i fwu for trying ❤️ [2]

Levitating

that was a classic, that was a classic

Fuego

i LOVED this song back in the day, definitely high in my ranking

Senorita

what makes you think this was a good choice chile

Mi Chico latino

oh wow these vibes, very beachy I like it

Summer Girl

I don’t like it but it’s somewhat fitting so it won’t be at the bottom of my list 

Teenage Dream

cute but she has better summer bops

Doin’ Time

imagine sending Lana for summertime songs... girl... anyways it’s a good song but idk

Hot Girl Summer

when this won the Diversity 2 seasons round.... yeah a classic

XS

a song, is it summery? no methinks, but I still love it

Cruel Summer

one of the better songs on Lover, cute choice

Hopscotch

loveeeee this song period

Lush Life

whoever sent this said “lemme secure lucky’s #1”. a summer classic 

I think I could do good in my group 

37 minutes ago, luckystrike said:

Doin’ Time

imagine sending Lana for summertime songs... girl... anyways it’s a good song but idk

the first word of the song literally says summertime in it and the vibe of the song is super summer but like a peaceful beach song sorry that the only thing you think of for a summer song are songs they'd play at the club while you suck a random guy's dick in a bathroom stall

• ATRL Moderator

Are critiques mandatory or only if we want to?

2 minutes ago, Touch It said:

the first word of the song literally says summertime in it and the vibe of the song is super summer but like a peaceful beach song sorry that the only thing you think of for a summer song are songs they'd play at the club while you suck a random guy's dick in a bathroom stall

AKDJSKDJDKDJ plsssss drag me 

2 minutes ago, luckystrike said:

AKDJSKDJDKDJ plsssss drag me 

the fact I'm not even in ur group but I saw ur comment and it startled me

2 minutes ago, Legend E said:

Are critiques mandatory or only if we want to?

It's mandatory I'm pretty sure

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, Touch It said:

It's mandatory I'm pretty sure

I feel like this is a lie :thing: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.