6 hours ago, Fenrir said:

Results & the finale coming tonight. 

giphy.gif

:spin: 

s4VjJnL.gif

Scores & Critiques

Melon

Spoiler

Belle - This is really good! I really love your dot effect. I only wish you would've made the colors more pronounced. They don't really scream pop art to me. 8/10.

Rian - Kudos on going the extra mile with making it look animated. I already critiqued your lines in the PM and other than that I don't really see anything wrong with it. 8/10.

Urb - This is so good. :jonny: I wish you would've removed the earring completely though. You can't really even tell that's what it is in your edit. 9.5/10.

Bad Things - It's kinda funny that you and Belle picked the 4 squares, because you could have both benefitted from the other's high points. You nailed the colors, but the effect is kind of lacking. Still really good! 8/10.

Flavs - :zzz: 10/10.

LiMe

Spoiler

Belle - 8/10 - I like the use of multiple images – instead of just 1 repeated image. Colours are nice, but the bottom row of images just look like they are lightened versions of the top row – you should have used more variety/complementary colours, so that it feels more like a pop art piece.

Rian - 7.5/10 - I like the direction of this design, but the execution is poor – which is disappointing, since this could have been a great entry if more time was spent on it.

Spoiler

If you were not fully confident in your line art skills, you could have done something like this:

0453f64f5106f58bd5f6f3338caec7fa.jpg

Keep the image of Jennifer the same (maybe change the colours/saturation and/or background) and then overlay it with vibrant strokes – I think that would have been an interesting take on the traditional pop art style.

Urban - 9/10 - Love this! Love the colouring as well. I agree with cantaloupe, either remove the earring – or alter it to make it more recognisable.

Bad Things - 7.5/10 - I think you should have added more highlights to her hair which would have allowed for additional differences in hair colour. The colouring is okay – a bit dull though. I know this is going to sound weird… but it’s too perfect – I would have liked to have seen some sloppiness in the colours, or changing the sizes of Selena in some of the squares so that all of it is not completely repetitive. Still a good entry though!

Flavs - 10/10 - Perfect – nothing else to say.

Fenrir

Spoiler

Belle - 7.5/10 - Loved that you used two different images and I love the coloring. The cutting around the hair is a biT messy on the long-haired pic though.

Rian - 8.5/10 - Like Melon pointed out in the pm, the lines are the only issue I have with it too. :katie: I wish you would've gone further with this design but for what it is I think you did nice job. 

Urb - 9.5/10 - Amazing overall. Should've removed the earring tbh.

Bad Things - 7.5/10 - The coloring seems kinda .. dull? I think this would've looked a bit better had you gone a coloring route like Belle's entry. I think you did a pretty nice job but the coloring could've used a little work in a different direction.  

Flavs - 10/10 - No complaints. Nice job! :michael: 

Results

Spoiler
Flavs 1
URBAN 0.933333333
Rian 0.8
Belle 0.783333333
Bad Things 0.766666667

Eliminated

Spoiler

Belle & Bad Things :weeps:  

Thank you soo much to the both of you for playing. It's been great watching you two grow throughout the season and I hope you both participate in the next season. :heart2: 

Finale - Coming in an hour or less.

@LiMe @URBAN @Bad Things @Bellerophon
@Rian. @Flavs97 
 @Cantaloupe.

4PXhmqT.png

Q4H2SKJ.gif

Congrats @URBESE, @Rian., & @Flavs97 on making it to the finale!

For the finale you will be making ... you guessed it .. MERCHANDISE for your artist!

The three of you will be designing a total of four items:

1. A mug

2. A t-shirt

3. A phone case

4. Your Choice

For the fourth item you will be able to choose anything you want that an artist might have as merch.

Examples: A poster/banner, button, hat, socks, bracelet/jewelry, sweatpants, tote bag, etc.

If you have any questions about whether or not we would consider something merch please reach out to myself or Melon.

Examples

Spoiler

61tf71oE8IL._AC_UL320_SR302,320_.jpg

OfNghnv.png

Szy5zkF.png

6211533425_49d2f374de_b.jpg

Rihanna-signed-fashion-original-cell-pho

DJpY993.png

Since you are doing a little more work than usual you will be given a full week to submit.

If you REALLY need a few extra days then we can talk about an extension for everyone since we want you submitting the best entries you can.

Deadline - Wednesday (4/19) @ 10pm EST.

Like always, please pm your entries to either myself or Melon.

@Cantaloupe.@LiMe

RqUM9eP.jpg

:'( Good luck, @URBESE @Rian. @Flavs97 fighting! 

Spoiler

lowkey glad I didn't make it because I got a new laptop and I need time to get Photoshop again :priceless: 

OMG, I'm in the finals. :jonny:

I gotta bring it home this time. No slacking!

Also you can bet your sweet ass I'll be back next season, especially now with all these new photoshoots of Camila to work with :thing:

• ATRL Moderator

Oh **** this sounds difficult :dancehall: good luck and congrats to the top 3!

Time to start the process of choosing another Kpop gyal to work with if I do next season :matty: 

3 hours ago, Flavs97 said:

Wow, im a finalist. Thank you guys.

This final rounds sounds good, i'm ready. Good Luck to @URBESE @Rian.

I'm excited!

Good luck sistrens. May the best fatty win.

13 hours ago, Bad Things said:

Also you can bet your sweet ass I'll be back next season, especially now with all these new photoshoots of Camila to work with :thing:

5 hours ago, Bellerophon said:

Time to start the process of choosing another Kpop gyal to work with if I do next season :matty: 

Rian said something about hosting again in July :duca: 

7 hours ago, Cantaloupe. said:

Rian said something about hosting again in July :duca: 

Bitch where

Just now, Rian. said:

Bitch where

In a PM in December or January.

1 minute ago, Cantaloupe. said:

In a PM in December or January.

Well cancel that.

Maybe later this year

22 minutes ago, Rian. said:

Well cancel that.

Maybe later this year

July is later this year. :celestial6: 

12 hours ago, Cantaloupe. said:

July is later this year. :celestial6: 

That's like middle of the year

Congrats to the finalists and good luck! lowkey surprised Rian made it tbh.

1 hour ago, Cantaloupe. said:

Has anyone actually started? :celestial3: 

I'm anticipating a month long extension. :eli:

@LiMe why you gotta be so shady bitch?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.