Diversity 2 | WINNER: Janelle Monáe (Dessy)

luckystrike

Celine: I don't even know where to begin with this song...My heart will go on is one of the biggest classics of all time and that rightfully so. This song took Celine to a whole other level and it's just filled with emotions and sadness and is THE perfect example of how a CLASSIC ballad should sound. She did what many others tried and failed endless, numerous and countless times...deliver a song that touches the heart of millions and millions of people, move GENERATIONS and just have the whole planet sob along with the melody of this powerful staple. Whenever this song starts you just feel like you are CURRENTLY on the edge of a ship, having your Jack or Rose in your arms, this is a CLASSIC, it really really is. It did DESERVE every single award it got. My Heart Will Go On RIGHTFULLY won Oscars, Grammys, Brit Awards and whatever else there is. I truly have goosebumps from start to finish. No doubt about this being one of THE best songs of all time and clearly THE best ballad of all time along with Whitney's "I Will Always Love You", it saddens me to see that nobody else will ever come close to this magnificent masterpiece. Just sad. But thankful for Celine and this song, always! 

[2]

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• luckystrike

• thecptz

• Dessy

• PinkBox

Ghostin, Thinking About You and Flux :grimes:

otWiUWs.png

REMAINING CONTESTANTS

Spoiler

Kacey Musgraves: Rainbow was ROBBED! This is cute, not her best and not the strongest but it’s not a bad ballad definitely

Ariana Grande: this is a very sad song whew, is it the best ballad though? maybe not, but definitely very moving like it should be

Celine Dion: absolutely terrible entry luv I hate it xx jk you know you slayed and this is a 10/10 Zara outsang btw! :kii2:

Rihanna: ma’am... this is not a bad song at all if we ignore Eminem but I REALLY think you had many better options

Katy Perry: I am SO glad you sent this, I love everything about it and it makes me so nostalgic, great ballad :grimes:

HyunA: this was okay, it started off really good but got a little lost towards the end nnn but cute!

Alicia Keys: probably one of the best songs of all time me thinks, thank you that’s all

Janelle Monáe: well she sounded amazing but I got bored honestly, I think it kind of went nowhere

Fantasia: she sounded great as always, the song was cute, I honestly expected a bit more but it was not bad, maybe just not too strong compared to others

Marina: maybe my favorite Marina song ever :grimes: now, do I think it was the best choice for this round? Maybe not, but still amazing great talented incredible

Demi Lovato: this is not a bad song, I just think there were better, more moving options, it’s enjoyable but forgettable I’d say

LOONA: ehhhh this was just okay, a bit boring to me but not the worst

Ellie Goulding: this is honestly an amazing ballad, it’s very well done in every aspect, thank GOD you changed from LMLYD cause at least in my opinion that is nowhere close to being a ballad, it’s too upbeat kfjfk 

Kelly Clarkson: one of my favorite Kelly songs ever and I honestly didn’t expect this to be sent, so it was a pleasant surprise for me, love it

PANNED

2 hours ago, Astronomy said:

KyPo82t.png?width=1025&height=268

and for the rest of you. it was... interesting.

Reveal hidden contents

Kacey Musgraves - this was... really pretty, honestly. kacey made some points.

resize.png

Ariana Grande - i can't listen to this in full because it makes me so fkn sad.

resize.png

Celine Dion - this is so.. es;lfslf, but it's an ICONIC song. i'm surprised you didn't save this for later though.

Rihanna - this > the original. all fax, no printer. she has so much emotion in this. the bridge whew. AND THE LIVE VERSION OF THIS WHEW. okay im good.

resize.png

Katy Perry - i am SO happy you did not send not like the movies. no offense to the user, but the song is so... juvenile compared to THIS classic. ughhhhh.

HyunA - i felt absolutely nothing for this. this was... boring. it didn't do anything.

resize.png

Alicia Keys - i found the best entry 

resize.png

Janelle Monae - this was so... weird? but i liked it? it's definitely different and a standout for me, kii

Fantasia - talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, show stopping, spectacular, never the same, totally unique, completely not ever been done before, unafraid to reference or not reference, put it in a blender, **** on it, vomit on it, eat it, give birth to it.

resize.png

Marina - i cried to this when i was 14 and thought i knew what love was fsojsdlf, but hearing it now is kind of like... i cried over that? it's a lil forgettable

resize.png

Demi Lovato - I'm sad you didn't send her other ballads ): Father would've been really cute here. 

LOONA - this was okay. the production is unique, for sure, but that's kind of all it has going for it. 

resize.png

Ellie Goulding - this halcyon reject. i'm absolutely good love, everything since the end of delirium has been pure shite.

resize.png

Kelly Clarkson - aw, i was hoping one of her other ballads. piece by piece would've been an EXPERIENCE. it's a cute sing (albeit a halo ripoff), but it isn't GREAT. 

2 hours ago, Astronomy said:

KyPo82t.png?width=1025&height=268

come back bitches, here you go

Reveal hidden contents

Jason Msnooze - this is like... really stale white bread or maybe expired milk. dated after sitting for a few weeks (in this case, years). 

Hagdonna - Well, it's definitely a comeback song. kinda 2000s'd but, it's still catchy.

Britney "Freshly Shaved" Spears - THE comeback song. That's it. That's the critique. 

Borde - This was so underwhelming after that like, 4 year break she took. I remember being so disappointed ljfksljdf. But aside from that, it's a nice sing.

Necki Minjaj - Aside from the... Mess she caused during rollout week, Chun Li is the best song on Queen. Fight me, uglies.

Nagini/Voldemort/The Dark Lord/Snakelord/Sneaky Snake/Taylor Riddle - And you didn't send Look What You Made Me Do because....? This was not the comeback song from this era, Look was. It may be divisive, yes, HOWEVER, it was literally a ****ing MOMENT in pop culture. White Girl Gone Crazy. Taylor's dead. Delicate is like the song that blasts in Old Navy because it bombed everywhere else. 

Anal Del Ray - a highlight from this era, honestly. i don't see it as a true comeback with summertime sadness sitting right there, but at least the song is good.

The Weekday - the way Kiss Land was kind of a bomb lsdjlfs. I forget it exists, I can't even play. The Hills was such a MOMENT when it dropped and it's still great. You snapped maam. Also, we sTAN a song about MISS ARIOLA GRANDE!!

The One 1D Member That Tweens ACTUALLY Killed Themselves Over - because this is debut and i don't really count leaving a group and releasing a song a comeback, i'm having mixed feelings about that aspect. regardless, it's a great sing. 

Fifth No Harmony - i mean, it's a classic, ya. lauren the best part tho, there's no arguing this. ratmila, normandy, lego, and breathless WISH.

Fadnashe - No Drama >. this is just boring.

Florence + the Washing Machine - not a whole movie lkdlsdfk. but anyway, this is cute. when the production changed tho >>>

@Astronomy tag the people lazy b*tch

I'll take it [4] 

5 minutes ago, Astronomy said:

thats a lot of work 

i already had to sit through some choices maam

girl just copy and paste the tag list from my post ?

Mr. Msnooze not gonna comeback because iz not a bop.

Too bad for a year long charting song.

Damn didin't expect my entry to be this divisive.

But I must say - the comeback songs are great!

Gimme More, Hung Up, Work from Home, The Hills and Green Light are my bets to return. Also love I'm Yours but I don't think he has a chance :rip: Male artists never really do great in games like this - but I'm hoping The Weeknd could snatch.

I was surprised to see the mixed reception for this one... and then I wasn't.

2Nh1u3F.png

z954Y7m.png

Comeback Girls

Spoiler

Jason Mraz: The way 12-year-old me was OBSESSED with this song nnn. This type of cutesy acoustic music is the exact type of music I REALLY grew out of as I aged, but this song gets some points for making me feel nostalgic.

Madonna: This pop CLASSIQUE whew. The way this song also gives me major nostalgia, but I still love it today as well. Also I looked it up and apparently this was the first time since her debut that she went over a year without releasing a single, so it fits the comeback theme well too.

Britney Spears: I mean this song’s release is basically the modern definition of a comeback for pop artists, so there’s literally no possible better choice than this. It’s also a major bop.

Lorde: Ugh, Teen Hottie really did THAT with this song. A great single and also a great encapsulation of the theme with this song signalling her change in sound after such a long break. Love it.

Nicki Minaj: Whew ANOTHER perfect example of a comeback song (sidenote but I didn’t realize she went FOUR YEARS between album releases? It didn’t feel that long). This round is so hard to judge, you guys are all bringing it with good comeback songs that are also bops.

Taylor Swift: Um… what?? I don’t understand. In WHAT way can this possibly be considered a comeback song when it was released halfway through an uninterrupted album era and wasn’t even close to being the highest peaking song of the era? I’m very confused.

Lana Del Rey: I’ve never really understood the massive hype and acclaim for this song. Like it’s a good song, sure, but I don’t get ATRL’s obsession with it. I do like it, though, and I guess it’s a decent enough example of a comeback.

The Weeknd: Still one of my fave Weeknd singles (probably was my #1 fave before Blinding Lights), it has such a cool vibe to it. But on the other hand, I find it difficult to characterize this as a comeback song when he had gotten a Top 5 on the Hot 100 with Earned It like 3 months before nnn.

ZAYN: The song is cute - I was never actively a big fan of it, but it’s the type of song that I never turned off when it came on the radio. The argument for this being a comeback is a bit weird considering it’s his debut single, but I guess I understand framing it as his comeback into music after leaving 1D.

Fifth Harmony: Okay I know I have a biased perspective since I stanned them, but whew this was a COMEBACK. The way they randomly disappeared after Worth It and everyone assumed they’d be a one-hit wonder only for them to return with one of the catchiest pop bops of the decade (yes I said it). Love this iconic Coronavirus anthem.

Tinashe: Probably the best choice you could have gone with for a comeback with this being her first single released as an independent artist. The song itself didn’t blow me away, but it was cute and I liked it more than some of her other songs.

Florence + The Machine: This is honestly one of her most underrated singles, it’s SO good. Also a great example of a comeback considering the long break between Ceremonials and HBHBHB. Great ending to this round.

Honestly almost all of you slayed this challenge, like half of you deserve to come back :jonny:

otWiUWs.png

COMEBACK GIRLS

Spoiler

Jason Mraz: cute! a harmless bop

Madonna: you went IN! this was a comeback girl

Britney Spears: this might be the most iconic comeback of all time and also one of the best songs of all time yep

Lorde: this was definitely a moment, song is also a slay

Nicki Minaj: work Ms Nicki! nice entry

Taylor Swift: okay girl... I know you explained your reasoning behind this but this is not a comeback at ALL, the song is great and you really tried it but nope aksjdhf

Lana Del Rey: I remember I didn't like this when it first came out but it grew on me and its a great song, cute

The Weeknd: this song got me into him so whew

Zayn: I never expected the siccess he got with this after leaving 1D, love this song to be honest

Fifth Harmony: work!

Tinashe: I honestly think No Drama was the better choice cause more people were perched for Joyride but this is a good song

Florence: I love and I will always love this song

RESULTS WHEN WE GET TO PAGE 50 :eli: GET IN HERE AND POST, MAKE PREDICTIONS, BASH THE JUDGES, COMPLAIN, BRAG, DO SOMETHING

or in 20 minutes if page 50 isn't reached :bibliahh:

2Nh1u3F.png

2 minutes ago, Overprotected said:

We'll give you page 46 how bout that

2Nh1u3F.png

fine

ALQWRdn.gif

Edited by luckystrike

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.