Diversity 2 | WINNER: Janelle Monáe (Dessy)

luckystrike

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• luckystrike

• thecptz

• Dessy

• PinkBox

hi i was told to post [2]

4EnkxFq.jpg

Spoiler

Follow Your Arrow: This is a bit Kacey just rambling about unrelated stuff people talk about from others. But I'll take the somewhat interesting tackling of the theme. Also is it just me or does the whole arrow metaphor read very gay-coded? An ally wbk.

Break Free: A cute bop from Ms. Zedd! For the theme it's a bit on the nose, been there done that but the song is good and it fits so…

That's the Way It Is: The sheer age of the production, much like your wrinkled skin. A boot. It also houses some of the most vacuous lyrics this round. Not a big fan.

American Oxygen: Well it's certainly a song… I'm gonna say it's welcome for how out there it is, when compared to your entries so far. And as a minor gripe, it sometimes threatens to fall into more denouncement territory, but she ends up finding her balance.

Roar: It's a good choice, after all it's one of Katy's most anthemic numbers, self-empowering or else, without feeling like it falls into familiar ground. Catchy, and sets out what it oughts to do.

Buzzcut Season: Now girl I LOVE this song, and it's probably the best-written thing this round, but this just ain't positive at all…

The Night Is Still Young: How does this make much of a statement? It's just a going out clubbing song really.

How's This?: Why does she sound like she just inhaled several liters of helium at parts?? Anyway the translation shows this to be a bop and a competent take on the "pop girl says she can't be put into a bux and neither should you" thing. I like!

Underdog: Compelling storytelling, empowering, and a nice vocal performance to top it off. One of my highlights.

Django Jane: Our melanin gals really brought it this round, didn't they? I love everything about this.

No Time for It: A refreshing change of style from some of your more recent entries (which were mostly great in their own right). It's breezy, and its message isn't portrayed with endless clichés so.

Sex Yeah: This is slightly positive, but falls too much into denouncement of society to really feel like a positive.

Confident: This is basically the type of song Demi makes a living out of, no? The super anthemic production helps lift it up a lot.

Butterfly: Eh. The song is so good but it reads more like a theme tackled on a typical love song than something meant to make a positive statement.

Burn: It's a club song alright. Was it awfully on theme? More less. It's vague.

Whole Lotta Woman: A cocky song which is the type I wish we had had more of this week.

huh follow your arrow is literally miss kacey giving her statement about doing whatever the **** you want and you do not have to care what others think

5 minutes ago, Invisibility said:

4EnkxFq.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Follow Your Arrow: This is a bit Kacey just rambling about unrelated stuff people talk about from others. But I'll take the somewhat interesting tackling of the theme. Also is it just me or does the whole arrow metaphor read very gay-coded? An ally wbk.

Break Free: A cute bop from Ms. Zedd! For the theme it's a bit on the nose, been there done that but the song is good and it fits so…

That's the Way It Is: The sheer age of the production, much like your wrinkled skin. A boot. It also houses some of the most vacuous lyrics this round. Not a big fan.

American Oxygen: Well it's certainly a song… I'm gonna say it's welcome for how out there it is, when compared to your entries so far. And as a minor gripe, it sometimes threatens to fall into more denouncement territory, but she ends up finding her balance.

Roar: It's a good choice, after all it's one of Katy's most anthemic numbers, self-empowering or else, without feeling like it falls into familiar ground. Catchy, and sets out what it oughts to do.

Buzzcut Season: Now girl I LOVE this song, and it's probably the best-written thing this round, but this just ain't positive at all…

The Night Is Still Young: How does this make much of a statement? It's just a going out clubbing song really.

How's This?: Why does she sound like she just inhaled several liters of helium at parts?? Anyway the translation shows this to be a bop and a competent take on the "pop girl says she can't be put into a bux and neither should you" thing. I like!

Underdog: Compelling storytelling, empowering, and a nice vocal performance to top it off. One of my highlights.

Django Jane: Our melanin gals really brought it this round, didn't they? I love everything about this.

No Time for It: A refreshing change of style from some of your more recent entries (which were mostly great in their own right). It's breezy, and its message isn't portrayed with endless clichés so.

Sex Yeah: This is slightly positive, but falls too much into denouncement of society to really feel like a positive.

Confident: This is basically the type of song Demi makes a living out of, no? The super anthemic production helps lift it up a lot.

Butterfly: Eh. The song is so good but it reads more like a theme tackled on a typical love song than something meant to make a positive statement.

Burn: It's a club song alright. Was it awfully on theme? More less. It's vague.

Whole Lotta Woman: A cocky song which is the type I wish we had had more of this week.

@EriKills  @Touch It @boys  @Staryu  @Mr. Duff@Sabbath

@PinkBox @Noah @Dessy@kiiwii  @thecptz @Not Like The Movies

@touya kinomoto @Alena

@Legend E @K$Ellie

otWiUWs.png

Spoiler

Kacey Musgraves: queen of the gays! I had never listened to this, the lyrics are very cute and the statement is great and the song overall is also cute, yas

Ariana Grande: ehhhh message not as strong as others and a bit too average, the song still slaps though

Céline Dion: ehhhh message not as strong as others and a bit too average [2], the song was alright, nothing too special about it

Rihanna: this is a bad song honestly truly, there is a present message though that I lacked a bit on the two last entrihs though so nice, maybe not super clear but it's there 

Katy Perry: cute, an empowering bop, a bit generic and all that but works great for this

Lorde: well..... this is a good song, but she even has better songs for depressing messages :kii2: I don't think this was a very good choice

Nicki Minaj: yes it's positive but I feel like there is lamost no statement, it gets too partyish to me and drifts away from the theme

HyunA: wasn't a big fan of the song honestly but I guess it fits, not much to say weeee

Alicia Keys: now THAT is a statement, everything these other bitches failed to give me whew, I also really enjoyed the song, come on Miss Alicia

Janelle Monae: now THAT is a statement [2] although I am not crazy for the song but amazing choice

Fantasia: now THAT is a statement [3] and the song is also kind of a bop so miss thing snapped

Marina: I honestly really liked this statement even if it's not as positive, the way she puts it doesn't even make it feel negative to me it's just a statement period, and the song slaps

Demi Lovato:  cute, an empowering bop, a bit generic and all that but works great for this [2]

LOONA: aong is a cute bop, message was ehhh not very strong but there, so it works

Ellie Goulding: ehhhh message not as strong as others [3] but kind of a banger so, not bad

Kelly Clarkson: whew loved this, song is a bop and the message is great, overall great

RESULTS SHORTLY...

thanks lucky

1 minute ago, EriKills said:

It’s sad how the hosts mistakes falls on us 

stfuuu :bibliahh:

9gsNbIe.png

Before we start, I want to inform you that eliminations will now be TWO per round, since we are at Top 16 already. There will be ONE automatic elimination (lowest score) and only TWO people will sing off, with one making it to the next round. Good luck!

SAFE

Spoiler

6NwAMLf.png

@Mr. Duff @Alena @Touch It @EriKills @Sabbath @PinkBox

You are all safe!

Interesting

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.