Survivor: ATRL Edition (Season 9) | FINALE!!

rl231

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Touch It

• Element

• rl231

• clue

Top Posters In This Topic

I almost sent this. but I’m glad don’t call me up did well 

• ATRL Moderator

fff not ATRL deleting my next results post i hate this

• ATRL Moderator

xSiUURU.png

Not Like the Movies - Me, Myself, and I - Beyoncé

• URBAN - 10

• Love this song! Giving you a 10 because there was CONTEXT! We know why she left his ass. Most importantly she realized her worth at the end. “I can see the sun shine, I got me, myself and I.” Yes, the song was not a “happy” song, but the beat made you feel empowered.

• kipperskipper - 9

• Oh wow i think this one is the most real and hits you in the feels. It def has the most powerful and believable message. I just wish it were a bit more happy, but it’s a beautifu Beyonce song that isn’t a generic pop song so what do i expect. 

• thecptz - 8

• Yeah its great but like kipper said, i just wish it were a bit more happy [2] since that is what was asked for in this round.

luckystrike - Dua Lipa - IDGAF

• URBAN - 8

• Another cute entry, but it lacks context.

• kipperskipper - 8

• Hmm it’s almost there but I want more than her stoich attitude about cutting them off and not giving a ****. I think we want to see beyond someone just ignoring their ex. Like we need more development. But it’s not bad by no means. Just wished for more.

• thecptz - 7.5

• Queen of not caring about her ex anymore. Well, it’s cute. This song is cute but it is still missing something.

Anthem - Katy Perry - By the Grace of God

• URBAN - 8

• This reminds me a bit of “Me, Myself, and I” as far as making you feel empowered, but there were parts where she sounded more sad than over it. A solid entry.

• kipperskipper - 8

• Oop this reminds me of the beyotche song. It’s depressing and real. You know they mean the words that they are saying. But I wish it were more positive (i wish a song about sue of side were more positive :clown:. Ik that dont make no sense luv) But im saying that for this round, this song isn’t checking the boxes 100%. It’s almost there.

• thecptz - 8.5

• AWWWW the lyrics that could cut glass! This is soooo heartbreaking. Urgh queen of rising back up again. It’s sad but yeah, we want a happier song. :’(

DougAF - Vera Blue - Regular Touch

• URBAN - 8

• Fits theme, but again, it lacks context.

• kipperskipper - 8

• It’s cute. It’s outclassed by a lot of other choices but it aint a bad choice. 

• thecptz - 9

• YES. GROWTH. We love to see it!

Touch It - It’s Not Right But It’s Okay (Thunderpuss Remix) - Whitney Spears

• URBAN - 8

• Ugh! One of my fave Whitney songs but why did you pick the remix?! The instrumental of the original track actually makes you feel empowered. This one makes you feel like you’re molly’d up in the club. Anyway, the song lacks context, but she’s being optimistic about her future.

• kipperskipper - 7

• I feel like we dont get to see/hear her talk about being happy. Like there isn’t a hopefulness. She just seems over him, and we need some character development. 

• thecptz - 7

• Its still not right for her even though it should be the RIGHT thing for miss thing. It kinda hits the theme but not so much and there are a few missing.

Clueless - I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor

• URBAN - 10

• Although there isn’t much context/storyline within the song itself, you cannot deny the global impact it has had! So many people, especially in the LGBT community, relate to it due to the lack of acceptance we’ve experienced in the world. That right there, is all the storyline I need. 

• kipperskipper - 10

• Stronger on crack.

• thecptz - 10

• YES OMG SLAY ME *TONGUE POP* QUEEN

mFTXyZz.png

Overprotected - Abby Anderson - Dance Away My Broken Heart

• URBAN - 9.5

• I love how the song references things we’ve all done during a breakup and the healing process. A solid entry.

• kipperskipper - 10

• Ok this is perfect! 10’s 10’s 10’s (at least from me).

• thecptz - 9.5

• WAIT this is great for this round! We’ve seen the GROWTH. We’ve seen that she has moved on. EAUX WOW!

Guero - Emma Steinbakken - Not Gonna Cry

• URBAN - 8

• First time hearing this song and I love it! Doesn’t quite hit on the feeling of empowerment or happiness, but it hits the other marks that I was looking for which was a storyline. Kudos to you.

• kipperskipper - 7

• It’s ok. I like how as the song builds we get more character development. But again, I wish we saw her talking more about her positive growth.

• thecptz - 7

• Hmm.. i don’t think she’s quite moving on from him. I mean we still see her thinking about him and we also need more character development from this song.

Krazii - GRL - Vacation 

• URBAN - 7

• Lackluster as far as storyline goes. It has that happy feeling, but it doesn’t hit the mark like a lot of the other entries.

• kipperskipper - 7.5

• It’s cute. You did the assignment, but it ain’t an A+.It is more about her girlfriends helping her and not so much a self empowerment song.

• thecptz - 7

• Still not much of the character development. And it’s not like she moves on by herself. She still wants to just cry alone in the room until her friends shows up and helps ha with that. So, i guess there are something missing.

Sabbath - Florence + The Machine - Shake It Out

• URBAN - 7.5

• Another lackluster entry. Has that empowerment feeling, but there’s no storyline.

• kipperskipper - 7

• LOVE this song but I think we are looking for more than the singer just shaking them off, ya know. I wish Florence talked more about how happy she is and better she has become like the prompt asks.

• thecptz - 6

• LOL this is quite confusing. She still hurts from what has hurt her even though she said she shake them off but she still finds the devil. Also, she’s ready to suffer? I think she is supposed to get over it and be HAPPY!

EriKills - Carly Rae Jepsen - Tonight, I’m Getting Over You

• URBAN - 7

• She is still sad/depressed:  “Stuck in a real bad dream, and man it feels so new to me...I should be in your arms but I'm begging at your feet…”, the song title itself suggests that she’s still not over him, as she’s only going to start moving on “tonight”. Additionally, it lacked context. 

• kipperskipper - 7

• I do agree that she still seems like she is dwelling on the relationship a lot in the song and not 100% over him in the lyrics. I wish we got to see more lyrics about how happy she is etc.

• thecptz - 7

• There are still some parts that show she’s still missing him. AWWW. she should’ve just gotten over him really. Like completely over him. Its cute but it could be better fat erik.

Final Results coming up.

ugh telesto winning... i hate seeing it.

My tribe doesn't vote based off the scores so I don't know whats going to happen

45 minutes ago, A Public Affair said:

The judges are taking forever :jonny:

Maybe they should've taken longer afterall

VsMaXs4.gif

Just now, boys said:

@A Public Affair if you had any self respect you'd quit tbh

U acting like rl and element won't hold a vote anyway dshjds

1 minute ago, boys said:

My tribe doesn't vote based off the scores so I don't know whats going to happen

but like did yall know APA was gonna send unfaithful?

Ok but the example song the narrator is still going through heartbreak so I don’t get the criticism these fat judges I-

1 minute ago, thecptz said:

but like did yall know APA was gonna send unfaithful?

No and I asked about helping people with their choices when the round first started and only 2 people talked to me about theirs so I can't do anymore than that

2 minutes ago, Overprotected said:

Ok but what stopped you from making that 9.5 a 10 

For me, it fit the theme, but it lacked context. I was looking for a storyline. What did he do that broke her heart? Etc.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.