BB Hot 100: Artists with most Billboard Hot 100 #1 hits

slw84

Just now, family.guy123 said:

You should be asking Billboard why they merge Bruno's and Silk Sonic's number ones. Not me

Quite simple - the song is credited to Bruno Mars, Anderson Paak and Silk Sonic. If it was just Silk Sonic he would not be credited. 

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slw84

• family.guy123

• Kool_Aid_King

• Virtual_Insanity

1 hour ago, Devin said:

You’re still doing a great job. :clap3:

Thanks. I wish someone would make a table or chart and I would just update it.

I am so format illiterate

4tek.gif

1 hour ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

Quite simple - the song is credited to Bruno Mars, Anderson Paak and Silk Sonic. If it was just Silk Sonic he would not be credited. 

Yes, I know. The matter was settled on July 19th so I don't know why you're bringing it up again.

8 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

Yes, I know. The matter was settled on July 19th so I don't know why you're bringing it up again.

You literally quoted me an hour ago and asked me about it ? 

25 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

Because it’s common sense. Lol Billboards been counting features and duets as individual #1s

BTS coming to collect I fear :clap3:

1 hour ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

You literally quoted me an hour ago and asked me about it ? 

I asked why the OP was counting Silk Sonic's #1 towards Bruno for this thread and not DC for Beyonce. The answer was because that's how Billboard counts them and Billboard is being used as the source for this thread. That wasn't mentioned anywhere in this thread so I wasn't sure.

Then two months later you asked me why I would merge a solo artists' #1s with a band's, and I said well ask Billboard why they merge Bruno's with Silk Sonic's. 

edit: I re-read what you said and I understand now that Billboard is crediting 3 artists for a song with 2 people. Still doesn't make much sense to me, but whatever I guess.

Edited by family.guy123

40 minutes ago, CristianGarcia said:

Because it’s common sense. Lol Billboards been counting features and duets as individual #1s

BTS coming to collect I fear :clap3:

I still don't really see the difference tbh. A duet imo would be something like The Boy is Mine. Silk Sonic is a duo.

31 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

I asked why the OP was counting Silk Sonic's #1 towards Bruno for this thread and not DC for Beyonce. The answer was because that's how Billboard counts them and Billboard is being used as the source for this thread. That wasn't mentioned anywhere in this thread so I wasn't sure.

Then two months later you asked me why I would merge a solo artists' #1s with a band's, and I said well ask Billboard why they merge Bruno's with Silk Sonic's. 

edit: I re-read what you said and I understand now that Billboard is crediting 3 artists for a song with 2 people. Still doesn't make much sense to me, but whatever I guess.

What 2 people ? Theres like six people in the band, they are Silk Sonic, then Bruno and Anderson. It would be like if a song was released tomorrow and it was by Beyonce and Destinys Child and it went number one both Bey and DC would get the credit. 

B*S should just go away. No one want to listen their highly autotuned, meaningless songs except their mass buying fanbase. 

8 hours ago, family.guy123 said:

I didn't even know that Silk Sonic is formed by Bruno and Anderson. That's pretty clever of them. 

Random fact i've just discovered as well looking at the credits of The Kid Laroi and JB's Stay: Cashmere Cat is a guy! I've always assumed that he was a girl.

I think that if Rih released an album every even two years since unapologetic she would've passed everyone by now :giraffe:

Queen Mariah :clap3:

I hate how these days "artists" ruins the chart's importance and relevance by their cheats. 

Wait so Silk Sonic doesn't count as bruno and that rapper. if so, then I can remove the #1.

DC3 is an entire girl group

No doubt is entire group

but I can remove 1 for bruno if Billboard doesn't classify it as a Bruno and the rapper forget his name song and instead it's as a separate act. It's only fair

Drake up to 9 #1s

• 3 weeks later...

I'll have to update the look of the OP in November/december when i have downtime from work:

BTS now has the same amount of #1s as Diana Ross.

Up to 6

diof5vF.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Lil nas secures his 3rd #1 hit so I updated the OP:pancake:

Adele serves organTic 5th #1 hit

NUyGBfY.gif

• 4 weeks later...

congrats to Taylor snagging her 8th #1

Finally updated the OP.

i'll remove if All too well fails to hit #1 on the hot 100 but it's pretty clear it will

l7LZXbL.gif

Hopefully Bruno will be getting his 9th #1 hit with smoking out the window. :coffee2:

34 minutes ago, Harry said:

it’s sad that mariah is so close but will never be able to tie the beatles

lies you tell. She can get it with a Drake feature, Cardi feature or a proper Ariana grande feature

It's official 8th #1 from Taylor Swift.

:heart2:

I really think Katy has chances to tie Janet and Stevie with right timing and a collab. But I doubt she or Capitol would even try to push it.

thoughts @slw84?

tumblr_n7mvtf2Th01t49515o1_250.gif

2 hours ago, umich said:

I really think Katy has chances to tie Janet and Stevie with right timing and a collab. But I doubt she or Capitol would even try to push it.

thoughts @slw84?

tumblr_n7mvtf2Th01t49515o1_250.gif

She could with the right song and right promo.

I hate that wide wake was blocked. ugh nad also the one that got away. Imagine if both had hit #1:turkey:

• 5 months later...

Champagne Papi up to 10 #1s

pgd8rY1.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.