P!nk Forever‘s Top 100 Decade of 2010—2019 Countdown! #FIN

P!nk Forever

lzn9PvA.png

ARTIST: LEYYA

SONG: HEAT

ALBUM: Sauna

YEAR: 2018

GENRE: Alternative/indie

STORY: Another austrian act which mixes different cultural influences within their songs to make them sound unique. "Heat" is no exception.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• P!nk Forever

• JGibson

• rvx

• TheWayWeWere

fdeQexW.png

ARTIST: ALTITUDE MUSIC

SONG: SUBMIT TO YOUR HEART

ALBUM: Dark Indie

YEAR: 2018

GENRE: Alternative/Indie

STORY: Altitude Music is a project by Jon Dix. This song features vocals by Martha Bean. It was used at an event for AHS: Apocalypse. I immediately felt how good the song was. Though it was never featured in the season itself.

66j00Ib.png

ARTIST: THE SOFT MOON

SONG: CIRCLES

ALBUM: The Soft Moon

YEAR: 2010

STORY: And yet another AHS: Hotel feature. This tune was used inbetween scenes when John Lowe had to witness Wren, the vampire girl taking her life because she couldn't live with the lies around her and the fact that she would forever stay a kid and when Rudolph Valentino and Natacha Rambova walked their way out of the Cortez. It was a beautiful interaction between those two scenes.

Fallen + Issues + Juice :party:

Ue5GRdc.png

ARTIST: MAVI PHOENIX

SONG: AVENTURA

ALBUM: Young Prophet EP

YEAR: 2017

STORY: Mavi Phoenix is yet another Austrian act but with syrian background. "Aventura" is a really special tune because it features a libanese cultural aspect and partially spanish spoken words.

Edited by P!nk Forever

hlUTgGc.png

ARTIST: CASPER

SONG: IM ASCHEREGEN

ALBUM: Hinterland

YEAR: 2013

GENRE: HipHop/Rap

STORY: Casper is a german rapper with a remarkable voice. You won't find any other german act like him.

bJedRhn.png

ARTIST: YUNGBLUD

SONG: LONER

ALBUM: Loner

YEAR: 2019

STORY: Punkrock is sorta making a comeback here. While I'm not into his other songs this track is at times good for a listen but also annoying after a while. And I can tell he's trying a little too hard.

Edited by P!nk Forever

cNQKk1x.png

ARTIST: ELLE KING

SONG: EX'S & OH'S

ALBUM: Love Stuff

YEAR: 2014

GENRE: Rock

STORY: A song that could very well could have been P!nk's would she had continued the specific Rock sound that was so present on "Try This". Elle King may remain a one-hit-wonder but she did the song complete justice.

DtexnAP.png

ARTIST: KENNY CHESNEY

SONG: AMERICAN KIDS

ALBUM: The Big Revival

GENRE: Country

STORY: This song is a must on any Country playlist. After I came to find out about P!nk's collaboration with Kenny I had to go through Spotify to listen to his top tracks and there was this great story-telling tune.

4VKmvPW.png

ARTIST: HOZIER

SONG: ANGEL OF SMALL DEATH & THE CODEINE SCENE

ALBUM: Take Me to Church EP

GENRE: R&B/Soul

STORY: "Take Me to Church" was of course the stepping stone that made me get into Hozier's discography. However I only found an even better track that started to grow on me with time.

HRYG6iB.png

ARTIST: THE KILLS

SONG: FUTURE STARTS SLOW

ALBUM: Blood Pressures

YEAR: 2011

STORY: A song with lyrics that had me thinking. And while we live in a fast living time this song is rather a contradiction or being taken with a grain of salt because of the sarcasm.

AomkE54.png

ARTIST: LUND

SONG: BROKEN

ALBUM: Broken

YEAR: 2016

GENRE: HipHop/Rap

STORY: I was further looking for tracks for my AHS: Apocalypse Playlist and this song was fitting quite well among Mother Mother or Ima Robot. It's kinda depressive but I like it.

xM2X6W5.png

ARTIST: SARAH PAULSON

SONG: CRIMINAL

ALBUM: American Horror Story: Freak Show

STORY: It turns out that Sarah Paulson is a real singing talent. Apart from the production which is no less as good as Fiona Apple's original you would really have a hard time guessing which "Criminal" is currently on if it were one of those two tracks.

c9jzT7k.png

ARTIST: BILDERBUCH

SONG: MASCHIN

ALBUM: Feinste Seide

STORY: Bilderbuch are a popular Austrian band which mixes alternative retro sounds with partially silly lyrics. The first time I ever heard about them was the "Bungalow" release. "Maschin" however is a different number in yet another galaxy.

Ex's and Oh's :clap3:

Ex's and Oh's is my favorite from this set :clap3: too bad Elle was one-off thing :'( 

ckbil89.png

ARTIST: BLACKCAT MANOR

SONG: HELLFIRE

ALBUM: Relentless

GENRE: Punk

STORY: This tune was featured in the first episode of AHS: Cult when Ally is being terrorised by the clowns in the shopping centre. It's quite an iconic scene to think about when thinking about all AHS seasons.

Edited by P!nk Forever

YFZlU3I.png

ARTIST: FOSTER THE PEOPLE

SONG: PUMPED UP KICKS

ALBUM: Pumped Up Kicks

STORY: Foster the People are pioneers of the wave of up and coming bands that incorporated alternative sounds into their music. They're basically a must in every Top 100 list if one is into indie sounds.

sYGnrOo.png

ARTIST: BONOBO

SONG: ALL IN FORMS

ALBUM: Black Sands

GENRE: Dance/Electronic

STORY: It was a Jennifer Lawrence thriller in which this specific song was playing during the end credits. I had to immediately put it in my Spotify library.

LRfMWvS.png

ARTIST: BRODINSKI ft. MALUCA & BRICC BABY SHITRO

SONG: BURY ME

ALBUM: Brava

YEAR: 2015

GENRE: Dance/Electronic/HipHop/Rap

STORY: This song was featured in the character trailer for AHS: Hotel. The track is very versatile with its different genres which you hardly hear in any other song.

Edited by P!nk Forever

t2hw8Du.png

ARTIST: KASABIAN

SONG: YOU'RE IN LOVE WITH A PSYCHO

ALBUM: You're in Love with a Psycho

GENRE: Dance/Electronic/Rock

STORY: I prefer their older stuff like "Fire" or "Underdog" but this ain't a bad track either. Who would come up with macaroni on a seafood stick type of lyrics anyway?

etRlOAM.png

ARTIST: MARK FORSTER ft. SIDO

SONG: AU REVOIR

ALBUM: Bauch und Kopf

GENRE: Pop

STORY: "Au Revoir" have some meaningful lyrics to me because I had to move out. Things gotten better for me and my family after I did this  step. Sido is actually a great collaboration partner when it comes to lend his rap skills for a pop collaboration like this. 

niecpRo.png

ARTIST: LORDE ft. KHALID, POST MALONE & SZA

SONG: HOMEMADE DYNAMITE (REMIX)

ALBUM: Melodrama

STORY: A shame this track was never made public at all with an actual music video. God knows how long it would have spent its rise to the top.

BJdEMOk.png

ARTIST: FEDERALE

SONG: ALL THE COLOURS OF THE DARK

ALBUM: All the Colours of the Dark

YEAR: 2016

GENRE: Rock

STORY: A song that was featured in "The Bad Batch". It reminds me of certain other songs where a deep male voice and a high female voice play together. For example: Nick Cave & Kylie Minogue or Nancy Sinatra & Lee Hazlewood.

vD6SFbg.png

ARTIST: BIRDY

SONG: PEOPLE HELP THE PEOPLE

ALBUM: People Help the People

YEAR: 2011

GENRE: Pop

STORY: Birdy came along with female artists like Lana Del Rey or Marina and the Diamonds. Just like them another talented singer/songwriter who's independent and does things on her own.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.