• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheWayWeWere

• Legend E

• Remmy

• Jet

Alanis, Pop 2, AL, Caution for recurrent :clap3:

Bad As The Boys is one of the weaker Tove songs :keir: Summer Girl is cute though

I wanted to give Dido album a run but never got my hands on it :rip:

• ATRL Moderator

Dido, Haim, P!nk :heart2: 

Excited for the rest! One of my fave countdowns usually! :duca: 

No big losses here, but Summer Girl, Walk Me Home, and Stay with Me are pretty good. Emeli was so forgettable this year :rip:

Alanis so many times, a slayage :jonny5:

TOP 50 IS OPEN NOW :party: 

6RGde93.png 

album #50 - Sophie Ellis-Bextor, The Song Diaries

"You gave life to a useless wandering body"

Well, I'm not a stan of Sophie, but she used to release so many bops during the 00s and early 10s, so I always catch up with her new music. For many years already she making some pop-folk-disco efforts on her last two albums and tbh - it's one of her best works ever. This release is not a new album, it's a compilation - reimagination of her hits and some album cuts with an orchestra. I loved Kylie's Abbey Road Sessions. But this one felt...Idk, kinda bland and boring, songs are not old enough and didn't really need that orchestra versions. A nice gift was a classic Sophie song like Love Is You on this.
some favorites: Love Is You, A Pessimist Is Never Disappointed

NQlM2NW.png

single #50 - Sigrid, Don't Feel Like Crying

"I dry my eyes 'cause I don't feel like crying"

Sigrid, you're a cute gal, but kicking off your first album era with this issa choice :rip: I mean, it's a grower, but still not even top 5 on the album. Video not doing any favor this song too :skull: 

tGptj9v.png

album #49 - Skylar Grey, Angel with Tattoos

"You stole the light from every star up in the sky"

I love Skylar, she is one of the most talented living songwriters. But this project just felt like such a lackluster. I mean, that idea - living album, adding songs through the era - we already saw how it turns for Kanye or Demi. It's just doesn't work. It would've been much better if she works a little more and released entire album. I mean songs itself are pretty good, I really love Fleetwood Mac influence on this. 
some favorites: Angel with Tattoos, Do You Remember, Ain't Nobody

TYfLbwu.png

single #49 - Rudimental ft. RAY BLK & Stefflon Don, Scared of Love

"You played with fire, you got burned"

You know, Ray is one of my favorite voices of the British music industry right now, and she is so ****ing underrated, last year she released amazing EP. This year she fails to deliver some solo music, even tho Action bops. But this collab is perfectly constructed bop with a very light message and catchy tune. Along with nice MV this song was in my playlist for a long time earlier this year.

5se0c1q.png

album #48 - Aly & AJ, Sanctuary - EP

"For all the times I can't reverse, for all the places where it hurts, I need a little church"

Whew, girls slays with this one :clap3: Ten Years was a nice comeback, but this EP is the sound they should use on the album. Pretty consistent EP full of euphoric pop songs with beautiful harmonies here and there.  
some favorites: Sanctuary, Star Maps, Church

wjzORQF.png

single #49 - single #48 - FKA twigs ft. Future, holy terrain

"Do you still think I'm beautiful when you light me in flames?"

Probably the weakest single off Magdalene, but even this SNAPS. It's such an experience to listen to this along with music video. 

xtxoOYL.png

Edited by TheWayWeWere

WTF WITH THIS ****ING SITE :rip:  WTF WITH QUOTES AND WHY ON EARTH I CAN'T EVEN EDIT MY ****ING POST NOW :rip: 

Edited by TheWayWeWere

Holy Terrain is so underrated... it deserves all the recognition it could get!

Had no idea Sophie Ellis Baxtor was still making music :eek: lemme check it out

Holy Terrain... hope it's not your only pick from MAGDALENE is all I'll say :mandown: 

I had no idea Sophie released this year girl I-, we stan Trip The Light Fantastic aka proto-Dedicated. Holly Terrain is horrible, immediately deleted  that one from Magdalene.

Sanctuary EP is flawless, if Ten Years Deluxe got marched with Sanctuary it would be a solid album :clap3: 

But I really can’t believe you enjoyed this lazy orchestral album, I’ve been hyped so much for this project since it would absolutely slay if executed well, sadly it falls flat and feels so boring. The orchestration is so simple, basic, her vocals are soulless. Not a fan...

Her last 2 folk albums were actually decent once you get into them, especially since Familia still had a few classic disco Sophie moments like Wild Forever or this classic

• ATRL Moderator

Oh wow Ms. Aly & Ms. Aj kinda did that, didn't they

1 hour ago, BlackoutZone said:

But I really can’t believe you enjoyed this lazy orchestral album, I’ve been hyped so much for this project since it would absolutely slay if executed well, sadly it falls flat and feels so boring. The orchestration is so simple, basic, her vocals are soulless. Not a fan...

6 hours ago, TheWayWeWere said:

But this one felt...Idk, kinda bland and boring, songs are not old enough and didn't really need that orchestra versions.

I don't enjoy that album actually sis :rip: I just needed 50th album to this list :rip:  yeah, her last two albums were pretty great, this one.. I can pretend it didn't happen :fan: 

2 minutes ago, TheWayWeWere said:

I don't enjoy that album actually sis :rip: I just needed 50th album to this list :rip:  yeah, her last two albums were pretty great, this one.. I can pretend it didn't happen :fan: 

Oh wow expose me for not being able to read :fan: But oop exactly my thoughts

Twigs, Aly & Aj + Sigrid <3 

Really didn't care for Aly & AJ's ep, don't know the others

Yup I'm ready for the serve as usual!

Recurrents: Pop 2 :smiley: ASIB, Blackout, ironic, You Oughta Know, Perfect Places, Marry the Night, Perfect Illusion, Shallow :clap3: :clap3: :clap3: || Bubbling Under Singles: Walk Me Home :eddie: Oop at 2 Tove songs not making it. I Remember and Stay with Me deserved sooo much better :cries:

Don't Feel Like Crying :party: I agree that there's better on the album though, it definitely didn't need to be a single. Skylar being on here reminds me that I need to add her to my EP list because apparently we're not getting a tracklist update this year... the music is great but yeah, how she put it out is so frustrating. Sanctuary only at FOURTY-NINE????????? A CRIME

Sophie's orcherstral album was quite a dud, I wanted to give it a shot but oh well x she better serve some disco or indie pop bops instead 

Sigrid's sing is quite cute

Holy Terrain is good but I kinda get the polarizing reception :giraffe: I like it anyway

Kinda tea @ Sigrid, her album was v mediocre but there were deff better songs (Never Mine, Mine Right Now) even if DFLC is cute :mandown:

holy terrain is a bop bop, it just missed my list cause it's like my second least fave on the album but still a massive banger :katie2: 

Not huge on Aly & AJ tbh :keir: they seem to keep releasing the same tired synthpop song over and over again :thing:

Yeah Holy Terrain was definitely not as good as Cellophane, but still pretty good :jamming:

Dont Feel Like Crying is a cute happy song, but I agree that she could've chosen a better single :katie:

thanks for comments sistrens :sistrens:

7b4TRnl.png

album #47 - Julia Michaels, Inner Monologue Part 2

"Can we stay in this dream like we are 17?"

Julia is kinda hated here, but I still find her music/songwriting pretty nice and catchy, but too bad she still can't find her place in the music industry as for now. I mean, if we compile her best songs out of 3 EPs it would've been an amazing pop record. But.. as for now just project with couple pop jams and some fillers out there. I still have faith in you, Julia sis  :eli:
some favorites: Hurt Again, 17, Body

TrDXp4l.png

single #47 - Mark Ronson & Lykke Li, Late Night Feelings

"You take the sane in me and tear it like a page"

You know, sometimes two artists can create magic and you just can't deny it. Lykke Li going pop disco direction on this song and it feels so right. I can't imagine anyone else on this track. Beautifully written, produced and filmed (thanks to MV) track that makes that spring warmer

KzMsVyn.png

album #46 - Avril Lavigne, Head Above Water

"Tell me it's over if it's really over" - yep, it is, Avril  :skull:

Welp, even tho Avril already served pretty bad album earlier this decade with self-titled, she was still able to deliver some cute songs. With this one, her christian-but-not-really-christian-pop album, she finds new low for herself  :skull: I mean, it's so bland and boring, like bish doesn't even try with this. The title track was cute like for a minute, but everything else including songwriting, visuals, sound - fell flat. Dumb Blonde is probably the worst thing I heard this year. 
some favorites: Head Above Water, Tell Me It's Over, Bigger Wow

DxDwYv7.png

single #46 - Sofia Reyes ft. Rita Ora & Anitta, R.I.P.

"R.I.P. to the bull****"

Nothing much to say about it. It's a major latin bop,  fashion mogul Rita Ora snaps once again  :gaycat2:

WgGOCme.png

album #45 - Beyonce, The Lion King: The Gift

"Let love be the water, I pour into you and you pour into me"

A little bit rough year for Bey :skull: I'm always here for her new music, but this project just..not connects with me. And I'm talking about both movie and that album itself. Yeah, some nice african-influenced bops here and there, beautiful ballads - but always still feels a little bit uninspired. 
some favorites: Spirit, Water, Find Your Way Back

2vS7tsp.png

single #45 - BANKS ft. Francis and the Lights, Look What You're Doing To Me

"Why did you sell me on that thing you do?"

Not my favorite from III, but this is still a bop. I love how Banks and Francis voices sound together, even tho song itself drags on for too long tbh  :eli:

F6oGl6O.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.