Choose The Album, Then a Song 9: And the winner is...

Pedro

So I was the only one who liked lhdang's entry :toofunny2: 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pedro

• shelven

• MusicLoverDude

• lhdang2000

6 minutes ago, Lazuli said:

So I was the only one who liked lhdang's entry :toofunny2: 

And thank you for that. :heart2:

Wow, top 3 and my first round win :'( 

Congratulations @lhdang2000 for making it so far! It was a real treat reading your entries each round.

Thank you to the judges as always! And @shelven and @MusicLoverDude good luck! I'm so glad to be in the top 3 with you two :heart2: 

@lhdang2000 Your entries always had a sentimental touch to them and I liked that.  Just know when it's best to be personal, because that clearly doesn't work for every round.  Being in the semi-final is a great feat and I hope that you participate in future seasons.  MLD took 9 seasons to reach the final because of his perseverance, so don't think that you peaked yet.  You'll keep improving as you go.  Will see you around in Musical Chairs. :hug: 

@MusicLoverDude I'm so happy to see you in the final.  You have been passionate about this game since its debut, and I've seen you fight for a better placement each season.  I think that you have accomplished so much already and you should be really proud of yourself.  Good luck for the final. :hug:

@Rihlana Congrats on the round win.  A 10 from me to you was long overdue and I kept waiting for that solid entry and you delivered this round.  You have been very strong all season, and seeing you in the final is very deserving.  Good luck for the final. :hug: 

@shelven You hold a record in my CTATAS book.  I have never given a contestant so many top spot in a season and you did that.  You have been consistent and a force to be reckoned with since the beginning.  Good luck for the final. :hug: 

22 minutes ago, Kavish said:

@lhdang2000 Your entries always had a sentimental touch to them and I liked that.  Just know when it's best to be personal, because that clearly doesn't work for every round.  Being in the semi-final is a great feat and I hope that you participate in future seasons.  MLD took 9 seasons to reach the final because of his perseverance, so don't think that you peaked yet.  You'll keep improving as you go.  Will see you around in Musical Chairs. :hug: 

Thanks for all these kind words, Kav. One thing you should know you're my most favorite judge because I always tried to impress you the most not only this season but ever since I started with Confident. You gave really great criticism and I learnt a lot from it to use it in this game and in my real essays. :hug:

For now, I have no intention of going back, but who knows in the future, if there's any album that I want to represent, I'll definitely come back. After all, I was the last one to sign up this season, and look where I am now, so yeah, who knows? 

Edited by lhdang2000

4 minutes ago, lhdang2000 said:

Thanks for all these kind words, Kav. One thing you should know you're my most favorite judge because I always tried to impress you the most not only this season but ever since I started with Confident. You gave really great criticism and I learnt a lot from it to use it in this game and in my real essays. :hug:

For now, I have no intention of going back, but who knows in the future, if there's any album that I want to represent, I'll definitely come back. After all, I was the last one to sign up this season, and look where I am now, so yeah, who knows? 

Thank you. :hug: Know that you did impress me this season and I acknowledge how much you have grown from last time.

I understand.  Just participate when you are Confident. :cupid: Your presence in this game is very appreciated because it's always nice to have contestants as passionate and willing to do better as you do.  

"Music is supposed to be a beautiful escape from all the bull**** in the world. And it upsets me so much that the bull**** has found its way in. Music is an expression of creativity and freedom and will never be stifled. Music is one of the most beautiful things this world has ever produced, and I'll be damned if I see it brought down by the most horrendous thing. Music is a community, stronger than anybody who tries to bring chaos. Those poor children would have been on top of the world after that concert just to have their lives cruelly ripped away.

I keep thinking of the lyric in 'Savages' that says, "One man can build a bomb, another run a race, to save somebody's life and have it blow up in his face" and I keep wondering why some humans can celebrate something so beautiful (music or life in general) but some people just want to bring indescribable pain. I will never understand what possesses somebody to take a life, but I do believe in the good of my fellow human and it is so nice to see everybody doing their part whether it be something as incredible as offering shelter to something as small as a RT or a message to Ariana. This whole situation is mortifying and truly tragic and I hope those poor children rest in peace."

Even when responding to a horrific situation, @Rihlana's way with words is touching! It's no wonder I've made the final with him and shelven!

1 minute ago, MusicLoverDude said:

"Music is supposed to be a beautiful escape from all the bull**** in the world. And it upsets me so much that the bull**** has found its way in. Music is an expression of creativity and freedom and will never be stifled. Music is one of the most beautiful things this world has ever produced, and I'll be damned if I see it brought down by the most horrendous thing. Music is a community, stronger than anybody who tries to bring chaos. Those poor children would have been on top of the world after that concert just to have their lives cruelly ripped away.

I keep thinking of the lyric in 'Savages' that says, "One man can build a bomb, another run a race, to save somebody's life and have it blow up in his face" and I keep wondering why some humans can celebrate something so beautiful (music or life in general) but some people just want to bring indescribable pain. I will never understand what possesses somebody to take a life, but I do believe in the good of my fellow human and it is so nice to see everybody doing their part whether it be something as incredible as offering shelter to something as small as a RT or a message to Ariana. This whole situation is mortifying and truly tragic and I hope those poor children rest in peace."

Even when responding to a horrific situation, @Rihlana's way with words is touching! It's no wonder I've made the final with him and shelven!

Ah, I'm going to cry again. Thank you so much. You have no idea what this means to me :heart2: 

I'm so glad I'm with you and Shelven in the finale. 

15 hours ago, MusicLoverDude said:

I had no idea about this post and I am touched by it. What happened yesterday, left me so uncomfortable, sad and devasted. Ariana Grande is a popstar of the new generation, there were so many young people... Some died, some will be traumatized for life. This is just so sick and sad :( I appreciate this post, @Rihlana as it truly expresses what I feel.

Guys, the update will come as soon as inspiration strikes. I am sorry about the delay. If anyone has an idea, please PM me ahah

Wow @Rihlana that was truly beautiful :weeps: I always have a hard time figuring out how I'm feeling after tragedies like this happen, so reading other people's words on it really helps.

On 2017-05-22 at 4:34 AM, Kavish said:

@shelven You hold a record in my CTATAS book.  I have never given a contestant so many top spot in a season and you did that.  You have been consistent and a force to be reckoned with since the beginning.  Good luck for the final. :hug: 

Well in that case, let me extend that record with one last top placement next round :eli: 

On 5/22/2017 at 6:34 PM, Kavish said:

@Rihlana Congrats on the round win.  A 10 from me to you was long overdue and I kept waiting for that solid entry and you delivered this round.  You have been very strong all season, and seeing you in the final is very deserving.  Good luck for the final. :hug: 

Thank you very much! I was trying SO hard to get a 10 from you all season, especially after the few 9.8s I got :dies::heart2: 

On 5/24/2017 at 8:24 AM, Pedro said:

I had no idea about this post and I am touched by it. What happened yesterday, left me so uncomfortable, sad and devasted. Ariana Grande is a popstar of the new generation, there were so many young people... Some died, some will be traumatized for life. This is just so sick and sad :( I appreciate this post, @Rihlana as it truly expresses what I feel.

On 5/24/2017 at 8:33 AM, shelven said:

Wow @Rihlana that was truly beautiful :weeps: I always have a hard time figuring out how I'm feeling after tragedies like this happen, so reading other people's words on it really helps.

:heart2: thank you both so much :heart2: 

Update tomorrow!

I obviously meant today :P

CTATAS.png

ATRL's original game "Choose The Album, Then a Song" is back for its anticipated ninth season on its original concept.

Welcome to much anticipated final round of Choose The Album, Then a Song's ninth season. Inspiration took a while to kick in but it did and I am certain that you will enjoy it. It will require analysis, time and creativity but if you made it through the finals, I am also sure this won't be an issue for you. So! What are we waiting for? @MusicLoverDude, @shelven and @Rihlana here's your challenge and please review the rules.

rules.png

1. There's not such thing as bad losers;

We are all here to have fun and share our favorite music with everyone.

2. Every entry must contain a written part;

To fully understand your decision, you will be required to send in an essay along with the song chosen.

3. You can use any song from your album;

During the final round, there is no limitations.

4. Deadlines must be respected by contestants and judges;

5. There's no space for stan wars or called voters;

The main purpose of this game is to introduce everyone to knew music. Therefore, we don't want any fights or any type of voting manipulation.

6. The vote process is build up of two parts;

Every round the judges votes will be mixed with the public votes.

7. Be fair and do not be biased.

If you want others to respect your work and game, make sure you respect others too by not allowing your personal taste affect your votes.

judges.png

MariahCarey.png               TaylorSwift.png               HelenaBCarter.png

PEDRO                    HOLYGROUND                   KAVISH

FR_Banner.png

FR_Caption.png

...Or in other words...

HarryPotter.png

Harry Potter is a world on its own. It may be the most fascinating thing ever created after Britney Spears. Alright, I promise I will keep this professional. When I looked at my right side and saw my Harry Potter collection, I was like: "I waited a full week, thinking on what theme to go with and it was always here by my side? Great!" So I do apologise for the long time but here it is.

Harry Potter contains so many things that I could just pick one and it'd give us an amazing final round but during this one we will be focusing on Hogwarts Houses. As you know (or should!) Hogwarts is a witchcraft and wizardry school where students learn magic. Before they do, they are received with a huge cerimony where they are distributed into four houses: Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. It is the sorting hat job to put every studend into one of those based on the student's personality and ambitions.

In this final round, you will become the sorting hat and sort every song from your album into a house... Yes, EVERY song. You don't have to elaborate on each individually but you will be reading the characteristics of each house and sort the songs into one according to what they represent. There's no need for balance. What I mean is you don't have to put 5 songs in each house. You can actually put all of them into one if that's what makes sense. I actually said you'd sort EVERY song but I lied. One of the songs will NOT be sorted. It will represent Hogwarts: the heart of each house a.k.a. the heart of your album. Besides sorting every song, you will sort two more things: yourself and your artist keeping in mind the relationship that both of you have with the album (you don't have to put yourself and your artist in the same house).

There is no word limit (please don't go over the top).

Find HERE the characteristics of each house and HERE an overview of Hogwarts.

Submit your entry to me (Pedro) and don't forget a streaming link.

DEADLINE

June, 4th

Edited by Pedro

1 minute ago, shelven said:

OH MY GOD, I love Harry Potter so much, I'm going to have so much fun with this round :jonny::jonny::jonny: 

anigif_enhanced-11886-1445025721-2.gif

I've literally never seen the entire franchise. Just the first movie and part of the second. But I played the Lego Harry Potter game when I was younger :jonny: 

Regardless, this seems like a fun challenge.

But @Pedro, just a heads up. Aside from today, tomorrow, and most of Tuesday, I'll be working pretty much throughout the 4th. I might as well go ahead and get started with this.

Just now, MusicLoverDude said:

I've literally never seen the entire franchise. Just the first movie and part of the second. But I played the Lego Harry Potter game when I was younger :jonny: 

Regardless, this seems like a fun challenge.

But @Pedro, just a heads up. Aside from today, tomorrow, and most of Tuesday, I'll be working pretty much throughout the 4th. I might as well go ahead and get started with this.

If you need an extension, just let me know. It's the final round, time is needed!

So just to clarify, 10 of my 11 songs will be sorted into a house?

And then I still have to sort myself and Samantha into a house?

20 minutes ago, MusicLoverDude said:

So just to clarify, 10 of my 11 songs will be sorted into a house?

And then I still have to sort myself and Samantha into a house?

If your album only has 11 songs, you're right. And yes to the second question.

Guys, don't forget to justify your choices and all that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.