Choose The Album, Then a Song 9: And the winner is...

Pedro

Seems like I'll be middle of the pact this round, which is fine because I know this wasn't my strongest round. These instrumental rounds have always been hard for me to explain. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pedro

• shelven

• MusicLoverDude

• lhdang2000

Sorry, once again super busy with work, ill post comments about my choices when I can..

Off: Adele

Samantha

Save: 

Halsey

Sia

We'll have the update tonight! Get ready, gurls!

14 minutes ago, Pedro said:

We'll have the update tonight! Get ready, gurls!

Shook :jonny: 

Will it be late? #timezoneproblems

judges.png

As announced before, we will have three fixed judges plus a guest judge and I am here to reveal who will that be for this third round!

MariahCarey.png               TaylorSwift.png               HelenaBCarter.png

PEDRO                        LAZULI                            KAVISH

We are going back in time again. This round's guest judge was one of our main competitors in this game's very first season. As Hayley Williams...

GJ_R6.png

JQNETTO

Thank you so much for accepting my request, @jqnetto ! The new update is upon us!

5 hours ago, Queen Conchita said:

Shook :jonny: 

Will it be late? #timezoneproblems

I will start now. Unsure on when I finish

Lemme go ready for my farewell speech. :cm:

8 minutes ago, lhdang2000 said:

Lemme go ready for my farewell speech. :cm:

Girl I'm like 30 points behind you

5 minutes ago, Speezy said:

Girl I'm like 30 points behind you

Well with that extra round, nothing is guaranteed tbh.

hey, girls. :-*

such a pleasure to be a judge. good luck to y'all!

CTATAS.png

ATRL's original game "Choose The Album, Then a Song" is back for its anticipated ninth season on its original concept.

Oh wow. We started this season smoothly but it has become quite... A journey? I was trying to be unpredictable with this new rounds and concepts but the contestants were even more unpredictable than me as they quit without notifying anyone and reduce the lifeline of the game but either way! All this to say that, yes, there will be a new elimination tonight. One of you will leave us.

Before we get into that, let's welcome our judging panel!

judges.png

R6_JudgesLook.png

Pedro                     Lazuli                     Kavish                   jqnetto

Looking good, girls! Now that you've taken your position, let's review the voting rules along with the respective updates, shall we?

rules.png

1. The voting process is dived into two parts: the public vote and the judges votes;

Each of these parts account for 50% of the results.

2. Each contestant that didn't cast a vote will be deducted 30% of his/her final result;

The 30% discount can be translated into less 5 points.

3. The judges have rated each entry from 1 to 10;

All of the judges votes are then summed and we get to an average.

4. Your results are cumulative from the points you receive eachround;

5. During the voting process there may be ties. Find below the rules to break them:

5.1. If there is a tie wiithin the public vote, the entry with the best result within the judges votes gets ahead;

5.2. If there is a tie within the judges votes, the entry with the best result within the public vote gets ahead;

5.3. If there is a tie within the final results, the entry with the best result within the judges vote gets ahead.

6. The points distribution have changed in order to decrease expected events.

1st Place: 17 Points | 2nd Place: 15 Points | 3rd Place: 13 Points | 4th Place: 12 Points | 5th Place: 11 Points (...) 7th Place: 9 Points.

R6.png

R6_Caption.png

Spoiler
A symphony is an extended musical composition written for an orchestra. It is a work usually consisting of multiple sections and are scored for string, brass, woodwind and percussion instruments.

A good long play also needs to have rich instruments and content to please the listener. Therefore, for this round you are supposed to send in the richest song in your album in terms of instruments. We are not expecting a symphony with 30-100 musicians in the background but we are also not expecting a simple studio mix filled with synthesizers effects.

Explain with detail, in no more than 300 words, why the song chosen has the richest instrumental from your point of view, not forgetting to mention a few of the instruments that build it.

publicvote.png

PV_R6.png

judgevotes.png

JV_R6.png

final.png

FR_R6.png

finalchart.png

Spoiler

1. shelven: Sia - "This Is Acting": 209 Points. (=)

2. Rihlana: Halsey - "Badlands": 168 Points. (=)

3. MusicLoverDude: Samantha Jade - "Nine": 157 Points. (=)

4. sumthintoxic82: Kelly Clarkson - "Piece By Piece": 147 Points. (=)

5. lhdang2000: Adele - "25": 129 Points. (=)

6. Queen Conchita: Conchita Wurst - "Conchita": 119 Points. (+1)

7. Speezy: The Weeknd - "Starboy": 100 Points. (+1)

8. theycallmemaraj: Ariana Grande - "Dangerous Woman": 109 Points [Quit - R6]

9. Vulnicura: Robyn - "Body Talk": 104 Points [Quit - R5]

10. Lion: Troye Sivan - "Blue Neighbourhood": 52 Points. [Eliminated - R4]

11. Tymps.: Lemon Demon - "Spirit Phone": 47 Points.[Quit - R3]

12. ReachOut: Hilary Duff - "Breathe In. Breathe Out.": 34 Points. [Eliminated - R3]
13. Sempiternal: Asking Alexandria - "The Black": 12 Points. [Eliminated - R2]

14. Verge of Obscene: Britney Spears - "Glory": 14 Points. [Quit - R1]

15. Alena: Melanie Martinez - "Cry Baby": 5 Points. [Quit - R1]

https://s19.postimg.org/7gdizdlhf/elimination.png

It's not yet time for that. As you all know there was a BONUS ROUND this time around (something to be repeated in upcoming rounds) and that did change the results. The bottom 3 (lhdang2000, Speezy and Queen Conchita) had an extra challenge of convincing us why they deserved to stay in the competition. The top 4 along with the main three judges rated their entries and helped to determine the points distribution.

How did it work? Well, let's get into simple maths. This bonus round was made for the bottom 3 to catch up with the top 4 so I would never allow anyone to go over the 4th place amount of points which was 127 (sumthintoxic82). With this being said, each contestant had a maximum of points he could achieve. In lhdang2000's case, the maximum of points he could get was 16, in Queen Conchita's case, 34 and Speezy could get an amount of 50 points.

Let's then start by revealing the contestant that did the best during this Bonus Round...

Spoiler

LHDANG2000: Adele - "25"

Out of 16 points, you received a total amount of 14 extra. You have now 143 points - 4 points away of sumthintoxic's album and you are SAFE.

We are down to Queen Conchita and Speezy. One of you actually managed to surpass expectations and is now top 4 material. The eliminated contestant tonight is...

Spoiler

SPEEZY: The Weeknd - "Starboy"

Out of 50 points, you were able to conquer 29 extra points which gives you a total of 129 points. You are ELIMINATED.

QUEEN CONCHITA: Conchita Wurst - "Conchita"

Not only you are SAFE but due to the sixth round points you received, you were the biggest gainer of the round. Congrats!

Check now the FINAL CHART:

Spoiler

1. shelven: Sia - "This Is Acting": 209 Points. (=)

2. Rihlana: Halsey - "Badlands": 168 Points. (=)

3. MusicLoverDude: Samantha Jade - "Nine": 157 Points. (=)

4. Queen Conchita: Conchita Wurst - "Conchita": 148 Points. (+2)

5. sumthintoxic82: Kelly Clarkson - "Piece By Piece": 147 Points. (-1)

6. lhdang2000: Adele - "25": 143 Points. (=)

7. Speezy: The Weeknd -  "Starboy": 129 Points. [Eliminated - R6]

Speezy... Thank you SO much for never giving up on the game knowing that you would probably be eliminated sooner or later. You are a true gentleman and I can't wait to see you in the future and hopefully around! All the best!

Edited by Pedro

rates.png

Find below the judges' comments to each entry.

Spoiler

PEDRO

1. shelven: Sia - "This Is Acting": 'Jesus Wept'

You know I love your entries… All of them! I do have some critiques to give you here and there sometimes but not this time around. I don’t have anything to critique. You explained with detail why the song has such a rich instrumental and therefore the strongest on the album, you also made sure to mention the components of it and you took us in a journey through the song. That was really well done! Perfect.

2. MusicLoverDude: Samantha Jade - "Nine": 'Only Just Begun'

I really enjoyed your effort on describing the song and how you tried your best despite of the outcome. You did not have a bad round - let me start by saying that - but I do have to say this type of generic pop songs isn’t exactly what builds a rich instrumental despite of the amount of instruments it contains. That was the main flaw: the song doesn’t exactly have a rich instrumental. Nonetheless, you did respect the challenge and you made a lot of valid points.

3. Rihlana: Halsey - "Badlands": 'I Walk The Line'

Hands down. The best entry of the round. I have literally nothing to say.

4. sumthintoxic82: Kelly Clarkson - "Piece By Piece": 'Run Run Run (feat. John Legend)'

I guess we all have our good and bad rounds. This wasn’t your best at all. I personally don’t like this song but you didn’t put much input into your essay which didn’t help at all as well. There wasn’t much detail and I wish you’d have taken us through the songs instead of this general review of it. Getting my hopes high for next round!

5. Queen Conchita: Conchita Wurst - "Conchita": 'Rise Like a Phoenix'

“Rise Like a Phoenix” has the richest instrumental of all the entries, that’s a fact. Nonetheless, I believe you lacked detail into the entry. You had still more than 50 words to use and you could’ve used them to take us into a journey of elements instead of a more general approach. Overall, a good entry as usual!

6. Speezy: The Weeknd - "Starboy": 'Sidewalks'

If I’m honest, I truly enjoyed your entry but there were a few factors that hurt it. Not only you crossed the 300 limit word by 30 words but there was some mistakes in your essay that made me understand less what you meant: “The lmao the bass drum…” or “The Weekend boring along Kendrick Lamar…”. Anyhow, I did enjoy the song and your essay overall.

7. lhdang2000: Adele - "25": 'When We Were Young'

What happened here, lhdang? You were quite consistent through the season so far but today’s entry looked like you just didn’t give a damn and you REALLY had to put something together and this came up. I seriously hope that, if you don’t get eliminated, you try your best next time.

Spoiler

LAZULI

1. shelven: Sia - "This Is Acting": ‘Jesus Wept’ – 10/10

Ugh. Slay me shelven.

2. MusicLoverDude: Samantha Jade - "Nine": ‘Only Just Begun’ – 6/10

You described each instrument pretty thoroughly but that was it – it was merely descriptions. There wasn’t any analysis or insight beyond the sonic effect of each instrument.

3. Rihlana: Halsey - "Badlands": ‘Roman Holiday’, ‘I Walk The Line’ – 10/10

You linked everything nicely and also talked more than the instruments itself, so good job.

4. sumthintoxic82: Kelly Clarkson - "Piece By Piece": ‘Run Run Run (feat. John Legend)’ – 6/10

This is also barely more than mere descriptions of the instruments. A lot more connections can be made between the instruments and lyrical content and emotions etc.

5. Queen Conchita: Conchita Wurst - "Conchita": ‘Rise Like a Phoenix’ – 7/10

Your description of the instruments is adequate but I think more can be explained about why the instruments convey the song’s meaning and how it makes it so special.

6. Speezy: The Weeknd - "Starboy": ‘Sidewalks’ – 5/10

I’m not sure if electric guitars are really that uncommon in R&B… And you mention how this song isn’t so percussion-heavy but go on to talk about the drums and hi-hats…

7. lhdang2000: Adele - "25": ‘When We Were Young’ – 6/10

For the first half of the essay you try to link each instrument to the song itself and that was fine, though it wasn’t done very well. But the second half of the essay was completely pointless? You mention pianos but it had no link to whatever you trying to say in that paragraph.

Spoiler

KAVISH

9.9 |  shelven: Sia - "This Is Acting": 'Jesus Wept'

The importance of the instrumental is perfectly highlighted in your essay, showing that Jesus Wept is not just a song that oozes great production, but also one that emphasizes on its sound to convey the emotions that Sia would otherwise not be able to produce in the lyrics alone. You also nicely described the contrasting atmosphere that the different instruments create, all while attaching it to the song's theme of despair and hope.

9.6 |  Rihlana: Halsey - "Badlands": 'I Walk The Line'

A nice balance of intricately explaining the production process and how the instrumental is the richest on Badlands. You showed how the sound acts as an umbrella of the album's mood and how it concludes the emotions expressed throughout prior tracks, thus making this song one of utmost importance in the instrumental compartment.

6.9 |  Queen Conchita: Conchita Wurst - "Conchita": 'Rise Like a Phoenix'

You had the right idea, but the execution was not very strong. You could have gone more in depth with some of your statements and also expand on them. You could also have made some associations to Conchita or the album to showcase how Rise Like a Phoenix has the richest instrumental compared to other tracks. Still, you did draw a clear picture of the motif behind such expansive instrumental, and how it conveys the emotions of the theme.

6.5 |  Speezy: The Weeknd - "Starboy": 'Sidewalks'

You made strong points as to why the instrumental of Sidewalks is rich and stands out on Starboy. The different and uncommon approach on the track, with its extensive use of layers make it one to showcase in the production field. Despite that, too much focus was on the technical aspect and a balance would have been preferable. Also, try proof-reading your essays before submitting to avoid such comical blunders: "The Weekend boring along Kendrick Lamar" and "The lmao the bass drum and hi hats."

6.2 |  MusicLoverDude: Samantha Jade - "Nine": 'Only Just Begun'

The technical aspect is elaborately explained in your essay, but it was too focused on the creative process. This approach could have been done with any song on the album and claiming that it has the best instrumental, but what would have been more convincing is to illustrate how Only Just Begun is the one track from Nine that rules in that department – which was also the point of the challenge. I still enjoyed the classic-MLD expressions though – "having snow in hawaii" and "as rich as ice cream from Kroger's private selection."

5.6 |  sumthintoxic82: Kelly Clarkson - "Piece By Piece": 'Run Run Run (feat. John Legend)'

The basis of the challenge was about the richest song on the album in terms of its instrumental, but you did not build a strong wall between Run Run Run and the other tracks on the album if the song has "a sound that can be found throughout the album." You did state that the song "fully commits to this idea" of being orchestral, but still, I found the points that you made pretty disconnected to back that statement up because you only explained the production process which could have been made for any other (even a synthesizer) track, and you did not write enough about how the instruments for this specific song make it the most noteworthy in that area.

3.0 |  lhdang2000: Adele - "25": 'When We Were Young'

The contrast from her other tracks to When We Were Young is nicely portrayed, but you still did not clarify how that makes it the richest instrumental-wise. Also, the sound accompanying the story is the right approach to take, but your essay was mostly focused on the story and less on how the piano takes us through that journey. You only vaguely made mentions as opposed to describing the exact sound or feeling being produced by the keys, and thus making your entry very lacking in technicality in a round that is supposed to be technical.

Spoiler

jqnetto

1. shelven: Sia - "This Is Acting": 'Jesus Wept'

9,5/10

My favorite write-up, you described all relevant symphonic aspects perfectly. Sia herself couldn’t say it better. It’s atmospheric, euphoric and interesting, definitely a smart choice!

2. MusicLoverDude: Samantha Jade - "Nine": 'Only Just Begun'

6,5/10

It kinda sounds like any other UK top 40 hit? I mean, I could use the word BOP to describe it, and that must’ve been the last thing I expected to say in a symphony/rich instrumental round. I like the song and what you brought in your essay, but it is just regular pop to me. In a list full of greatness, it was overshadowed.

3. Rihlana: Halsey - "Badlands": 'I Walk The Line'

6,5/10

Sorry, I couldn’t help but compare it to the original version, and it felt too boring and slow in comparison. Yes, I get there is a different essence intended in Halsey’s cover and its simplicity, but it still bugs me. I love your write-up though, highlighting the stronger points in the song run, dramatic enough without being convolupted.

4. sumthintoxic82: Kelly Clarkson - "Piece By Piece": 'Run Run Run (feat. John Legend)'

9,5/10

Your write-up sums it up pretty well! This is the most organic sounding entry this week and that’s what I expected for! It feels like a fully realized orchestra but the necessary melodies to a pop song are still there.

5. Queen Conchita: Conchita Wurst - "Conchita": 'Rise Like a Phoenix'

9/10

I love the song and agree with pretty much everything you wrote about it. The instrumental brings a high level of drama to the song which is totally welcome, my only concern is that I’ve always seen Phoenix’s greatness relying on her voice and the lyrics, the beautiful and subtle poetry, not so much on its symphony.

6. Speezy: The Weeknd - "Starboy": 'Sidewalks'

8/10

Great choice! Even though the production is too busy here, the instrumental definitely brings the energy the voices ask for, as your essay pointed out.

7. lhdang2000: Adele - "25": 'When We Were Young'

5,5/10

This one must’ve been a hard week for you with 25 as the chosen album. I guess your entry was as smart as a choice could get, sadly that’s not saying much, the symphony wasn’t dynamic (it’s primarily a piano power ballad) or euphoric (the chorus should be bigger and stronger) enough. I feel like it’s all about Adele’s voice and her lyrics, and your essay failed to prove otherwise.

Edited by Pedro

BONUS ROUND - THE RATES AND COMMENTS

Spoiler

PEDRO

1. lhdang2000: Adele - "25": 'Hello'

I don’t have much to say… I could only wish your entry for the main round was as flawless because you truly made me want you to stay in the competition and go as far as you can.

2. Queen Conchita: Conchita Wurst - "Conchita": 'You Are Unstoppable'

Great job! Your motivation is what makes you shine and you chose the right song to prove that.

3. Speezy: The Weeknd - "Starboy": 'Starboy (feat. Daft Punk)'

It pains me to give you a low score but you could've taken better advantage of this round.

Spoiler

LAZULI

1. lhdang2000: Adele - "25": ‘Hello’ – 8/10

lhdang, I thought you could be one of the frontrunners when you SLAYED the first round. But since then you’ve been missing the mark a lot. I think your essays lacked understanding of the specific points the questions are looking for.

Your essay is nice and personal, though I wish you gave a stronger reason as to why you deserve to remain in the game. However, I still do believe you’ve got the potential to go very far in the game, evident in a few of your previous rounds.

2. Queen Conchita: Conchita Wurst - "Conchita": ‘You Are Unstoppable’ – 10/10

Conchita, you have been one heck of an amazing player. I can see that you really learnt a lot from each round and you try your very best to improve and give in your 100% every round. That one round where you were a kinda demoralised was not cute but I applaud you for sticking through that and coming out better than before.

I love this essay of yours. It’s very personal and very introspective. It really persuades me that you want to stay in the game and it really demonstrates the positive attitude you have towards this game. Even if things don’t go your way, you’re new anyway! You’ve got plenty more chances.

3. Speezy: The Weeknd - "Starboy": ‘Starboy (feat. Daft Punk)’ – 6/10

Speezy, I hate to say this but a couple of your entries were a mess and I hope you’re aware of that. The biggest problem is that your essays are usually incoherent and it’s hard to discern the points you’re trying to make. With some organisation, I’m sure there will be a marked improvement in your entries.

I like that you feel that you are learning and that you’re taking a chance. You have to believe Abel’s words a bit more, you can be a mother****ing starboy!

Spoiler

KAVISH

9.0 |  lhdang2000: Adele - "25": 'Hello'

Your passion for the game is truly apparent and this essay made me emotional. You pleaded your case well, and in the process not only showed your incentive to grow and learn as a contestant, but also your desire to make us see more of you and Adele.

6.0  Queen Conchita: Conchita Wurst - "Conchita": 'You Are Unstoppable'

I am impressed by your performance, especially since you are a new contestant. You have quickly integrated into this game that has been going on for so long. There is room for improvement, but I think that you have a lot of potential and will be a force in future seasons.

3.0  Speezy: The Weeknd - "Starboy": 'Starboy (feat. Daft Punk)'

Your plea was a bit too concentrated around yourself and The Weeknd, but I still admire the fact that you are stepping out of your comfort zone with an artist or album that you otherwise would not be playing with.

Spoiler

SHELVEN

Adele: FANTASIC job drawing a connection between the song/artist and your reason for wanting to stay in the competition. Comparing Adele's maturity on Hello and 25 to your own personal maturity felt like a logical, relevant and creative comparison. Rate: 10/10

Conchita Wurst: Your song choice was a good and relevant choice for what you had to do with this bonus round. I really liked your point about using this song to fuel your motivation to play the game. My only minor criticism is that your last paragraph, while a good reason for wanting to stay, felt unrelated to your song choice. Rate: 9/10

The Weeknd: I thought your song choice was good and liked how you compared it to your own journey with this game in multiple ways. That being said, I wish you had talked more about why you want to stay in the game and why you've enjoyed it so much. Compared to the other two entries, your entry didn't feel as passionate. Rate: 7/10

Spoiler

RIHLANA

Adele - 9/10 

I loved the way in which lhdang2000 relates the qualities portrayed by Adele in the song to their own life, and the reasons for wanting to play the game. The pursuit of self-growth is truly admirable. 

Conchita - 8/10
I like that a specific lyric was what incited a fire in Queen Conchita's heart. And I have always loved that Queen Conchita has aimed for constant improvement in this game (which I noted in a prior round).

The Weeknd - 7/10

I like that Speezy mentioned the fact that he was learning a lot about the album itself and that they took a chance with Starboy. And I can tell Speezy really wants to continue in this game. 

Spoiler

MUSICLOVERDUDE

1. Conchita (8) - As with the regular challenge, you really stepped up to the plate this round 2. Adele (7), not the very best essay, but I like how you related this to the previous season and how you improved since then. 3. The Weeknd (5) - I feel like this was the weakest of the three but I did some parts of your personal reasoning in there that made it feel human.

Spoiler

SUMTHINTOXIC82

Hello: 8.5 - 
For me, you had the strongest entry in this bomus round. I love your write up as well.

You Are Unstoppable: 8.0 - 
While Im not totally sold on the song, what REALLY gave you this score was your write up. I feel the connection you have for this album and thats what really brought up your score

Starboy    7.5 - 
Great song, but of the 3 write ups, this was the weakest. Not totally bad, the others just got me more.

Edited by Pedro

Oh wow I never thought I'd be able to climb 1 place up the leaderboard, let alone 2 :jonny: 

I just read the bonus round comments, I'm so pleased my risk of going more personal payed off. Thankyou everyone for your rates, comments and feedback :heart2:

Edited by Queen Conchita

A double elimination. :jonny:

I can feel happy leaving the competition now that I've received a 9 from Kavish. :jonny:

But yup, I'm gonna try to fight real hard this round, it's either make or break. :jonny:

Thanks @Pedro for hosting and thanks The judges for sticking around for my entries :alexz:

I just wanted to try someone other than my fave this time around. Definitely will be back next season

Oh wow, I know I say this a lot, but thank you judges, you guys are awesome :weeps: Glad I could slay you, @Lazuli :eli: 

And congrats to my round co-winner @Rihlana :date: Definitely one of your strongest entries in the game so far.

Sorry to see you go, @Speezy :chick3: I know I off'd you this round, but like I said in my critique, I definitely do think you were improving throughout the season, so you should do great next season :clap3: 

Thank you everybody for voting for me this round! :hug:

I didn't think I'd do amazingly well this round because BADLANDS is so electronic, but I tried my best, and it paid off!

Thanks @Pedro for your speechless review (:eli:) and thanks to the other judges as well. Even the guest judge who didn't seem to connect with my essay as much as the rest. 

I almost snatched top spot for the first time, but of course I'm thrilled to share with the legend that is @shelven :heart2: 

CTATAS.png

ATRL's original game "Choose The Album, Then a Song" is back for its anticipated ninth season on its original concept.

Only six left, really? Well, let's make it five. We are so close to the end of the season and I hope to God there will be no more dropouts or the game will be officially over due to the lack of contestants. Anyway! Last night we had to say goodbye to the lovely Speezy who ranked at #7 and we are now ready for one of the most iconic rounds of them all.

Before getting into the round itself, let's review the rules.

rules.png

1. There's not such thing as bad losers;

We are all here to have fun and share our favorite music with everyone.

2. Every contestant must cast a vote each round;

The main purpose of the game is to introduce everyone to new music. If this rule isn't applied, only the judges will benefit from it.

3. Every entry must contain a written part;

To fully understand your decision, you will be required to send in an essay along with the song chosen.

4. A song can only be used twice and can only be use three rounds after;

This will allow you to explore your album further.

5. Deadlines must be respected by contestants and judges;

There will be three updates throughout the week.

6. There's no space for stan wars or called voters;

The main purpose of this game is to introduce everyone to knew music. Therefore, we don't want any fights or any type of voting manipulation.

7. The vote process is build up of two parts;

Every round the judges votes will be mixed with the public votes.

8. Be fair and do not be biased.

If you want others to respect your work and game, make sure you respect others too by not allowing your personal taste affect your votes.

judges.png

MariahCarey.png               TaylorSwift.png               HelenaBCarter.png

PEDRO                    HOLYGROUND                   KAVISH

PLUS: TBA.

R7_Banner.png

R7_Caption.png

For those of you who don't understand spanish, "chantaje" (the name of the duet between Shakira and Maluma) means blackmail which is more than appropriate for this round as it is what it's about. For the only time during the season you will be playing with a different album and basically try to make it look bad... Worse! You will also try to make the contestant who plays with it be eliminated. It's time to be a bad bxtch!

You will have to submit a bad song from the album you will be playing with and justify your choice on why the song is bad and why the album is not worthy the victory of this game. On top of that, you will have to find flaws in the way the contestant has been playing with his/her album.

All this in no more than 300 words. Keep in mind that during this round there isn't any banned songs. You can re-use any song.

Submit your entry to me (Pedro) and don't forget a streaming link.

NEW ORDER:

1. shelven: Kelly Clarkson - "Piece By Piece"
2. MusicLoverDude: Adele - "25"
3. Rihlana: Conchita Wurst - "Conchita"
4. sumthintoxic82: Sia - "This Is Acting"

5. Queen Conchita: Halsey - "Badlands"
6. lhdang2000: Samantha Jade - "Nine"

DEADLINE

April, 15th

BONUS ROUND: THIS IS ACTING

Well, well, well... And because we will soon be in a bitch mode, why not make it worse? It's obvious that there is a BIG discrepancy between Shelven and all of you. With this being said, the remaining five contestants will be given a chance of coming closer to him.

Each of you will re-submit one of Shelven's entry throughout the game and tear it down. In no more than 200 words, you will need to make Shelven's entry look bad. Bad enough to have been eliminated that round.

Good luck, devils!

DEADLINE

April, 15th

Edited by Pedro

Oh my god, I'm SCREAMING at the bonus round :ahh: Make sure not to close that gap TOO much though, I've worked hard for that lead :eli: 

I really wish the round where we get to freeze one of our own album's songs came before this one, because my album has such an easy target for this round :rip: 

10 minutes ago, shelven said:

Oh my god, I'm SCREAMING at the bonus round :ahh: Make sure not to close that gap TOO much though, I've worked hard for that lead :eli:

Don't worry. I got this!

Not my biggest supporter having to tear me down :skull:

@Pedro this round is kinda bittersweet now. This is the same stage of the game I made it to last time I played (top 6), and with how well I've done this season, I had a feeling we were gonna get a Mean Girls round coming. But I guess I wasn't ready for it to happen this soon, I thought it would be in the semi-final.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.