Choose The Album, Then a Song 9: And the winner is...

Pedro

Off: 

Hilary - I actually really enjoy this song, but your write up gave me more "Song of the Year" than Record...

Conchita - The write up was ok. I guess it just didnt sell me on Record of the Year. Of all the song, for me it was the weakest, and the write up didnt help bring it up for me

Troye - More on the write up, as it totally went into this Song of the Year cateogry

Save:

Ariana - I may have not liked your first round choice, but these last 2 :flame: 

Robyn - BY FAR, the best entry this round. The song totally captures Record of the Year and your write up backed it up as well

I was ready to save The Weekend because I LOVE this song and It fits the category, but that write up REALLY brought it down

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pedro

• shelven

• MusicLoverDude

• lhdang2000

@ReachOut

We are aprox. 12 hours away from the update

Edited by Pedro

SAVE 

Sia - Amazing entry as per usual. There was a great focus on HOW the song had enough impact to be a ROTY. 

Lemon Demon - It was short, but it was packed with relevant information as to why the song should have been awarded ROTY in my opinion. Hopefully, the judges agree. 

OFF
The Weeknd - A great song choice, but the essay was much too short :emofish: 

Troye - There was a little too much focus on the lyrical content

Robyn - I feel like you slightly missed the mark on this one, but what do I know? Maybe I missed the mark :skull: I feel like the judges will like this entry though. Beautifully written as per usual. 

7 hours ago, shelven said:

SAVE

Halsey: Actual picture of me after reading your entry --> :jonny4: 

Gah, why are you this good to me?! :'( 

OFF

1. The Weeknd: I feel like this is an incomplete essay. Probably you were doing it in a rush. Shame cause I really like this song.

2. Lemon Demon: Same goes with The Weeknd. To me, this entry feels a bit lacking. I can't feel any passion or any big interest for the song to be ROTY. Stating out facts only for me is not enough.

3. Hilary Duff: I'm sorry since I know it's your birthday week and you got a lot of things to worry. However, the essay to me is just too general and you mention about Ed too much.

SAVE

1. Troye Sivan: To me, yours is definitely not the best. However, my save vote goes to you for the huge improvement from the last round. LGBT Community is still a political issue and Grammy might not give ROTY to the song for that reason. However, I'm, somehow, convinced that one day it will come true.

2. Halsey: Very detailed, very professional, this was what I wanted to do at first. But in the end, I felt like I wouldn't be able to pull off. So, props for you to make this really beautiful.

Honerable Mentions

Ariana Grande and Samantha Jade. I really like y'all esays. However, I don't really like the song choice that much.

Only four people left to vote 

SAVE

Halsey

Sia

OFF

The Weeknd - It was too short henny!

Troye - Including a big chunk of lyrics feels like a waste of word count and didn't really see how it tackled the challenge?

Adele - You explained the passion behind the song really well, but didn't relate it to why these qualities are ROTY worthy that much.

Save

Sia

Ariana

Off

Hillary 

Robyn

Lemon Demon

Edited by Speezy

OFF

• Troye Sivan (Your entry was definitely more suited to SOTY, I do also think you only put a large chunk of lyrics in just to bulk up your entry, although I loved the song)

• Hilary Duff (Feel your entry was more suited to SOTY)

• The Weeknd (Your essay ended quite suddenly and I think you could've delved deeper into the song as it started really well) 

SAVE

• Adele (beautifully written)

• Halsey (everything was described to such a fine detail)

Edited by Queen Conchita

50 minutes ago, Vulnicura said:

I swear my entries are always the most polarising in the public vote and I have no idea why :skull: 

Me too. :skull:

I have a feeling that people hate me or bibo but okay. 

SAVE 

Ariana

Halsey

OFF

The Weeknd

Troye

Sia 

33 minutes ago, ReachOut said:

I have a feeling that people hate me or bibo but okay. 

As a person who has voted you off twice, to me I don't have any negative feelings toward you or BIBO. Last week, it was the song choice issue and this week, it was the 'Ed' issue. That's just it though. 

Not a single vote against me this round :jonny:

Kelly getting no votes at all :jonny:

2 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Yes, we are!

Whoo! Looking forward to it, hope i've survived:biggrin:

20 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Yes, we are!

How many more hours?!?

Just now, lhdang2000 said:

How many more hours?!?

I am starting the update now! I will count the votes and elaborate the post!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.