STOP IT with the (Insert Act) During (Artist) Concert Threads

Billboard Charts (Week of December 7, 2019)

Starkboy

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slw84

• iHype.

• DemDam92

• Green

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Starkboy said:

the way that song got the last laugh ff

1.1B views, 792M Spotify streams, radio smash, great pure sales seller.... whew.

It didn't.

1. A clear copycat of Uptown Funk with nowhere near as good of a follow-up stats wise.

2. Overhyped release, music video, desperate nostalgia which only barely managed to push its performance above mediocre.

3. Overshadowed by the more promising hits of the era. 

4. One of the worst songs of the millennium. I cannot stand people who like this song and want to run them over.

5. The lack of growth as an artist. He regressed from making more original music with hints of throwback genres to just flat out copying some of the most obnoxious trends of the last century. Hack.

21 hours ago, sakisfan16 said:

if weeknd had the video out some days earlier then he would have been number one for sure...but he still can get it...the points are close..these are early predictions and simm had some error/false predictions in the past..for example senorita being #2 on his predictions but it peaked at number one

Yeah, we better trust your predictions instead, because you NEVER failed in the past :dies:

19 minutes ago, DemDam92 said:

Any chance everyone is wrong and she actually gets #1 This week with help of radio and sales? :date2:

Yea there's definitely a small chance especially if her YouTube shoots up way higher than expected. Small chance though, but top 3 seems likely

Mariah doing 20 million streams?  :deadbanana2:

I think they are underestimating Heartless though. How did it only have 18.7 million streams when Blinding Lights did 21 million streams and Heartless was higher the whole week on both Spotify and Apple Music?

On 12/6/2019 at 1:14 AM, simmnfierzig said:

1 Circles       291  (=)

2 Heartless       261  (+30)

3 Someone You Loved       257  (-1)

4 Memories       244  (=)

5 Good As Hell       236 (-2) 

6 Roxanne       232  (-1)

7 All I Want For Christmas Is You       226  (+11)

Hoping no one blocks Mimi and she goes #1 this time ?

Mariah will chart higher than #7 and then reach #1 the next week it seems to me

Edited by EnoughSaid
Edit

19 minutes ago, EnoughSaid said:

i hope sooooo, asap

28 minutes ago, EnoughSaid said:

Hopefully because I actually don’t want to buy all I want for Xmas vinyls cassettes and physical cds so if it already hits #1 or is on the trajectory I won’t go through with it.

1 hour ago, yamiyuuuu said:

Yeah, we better trust your predictions instead, because you NEVER failed in the past :dies:

I don't make official predictions.simm does and he was wrong many times in the past.also if weeknd's team put -cd single bundles- for sale they knew that they are close to top hot 100..billie and shawn with camila did the same thing when their songs  ''bad guy'' and 'senorita'  were close to top the hot 100 ...

I’m shocked with Mariah’s streams estimated numbers, she’ll for sure get her 19th number one this year ?

1 hour ago, slw84 said:

Hopefully because I actually don’t want to buy all I want for Xmas vinyls cassettes and physical cds so if it already hits #1 or is on the trajectory I won’t go through with it.

Girl NO! You better order Atleast one

53 minutes ago, Capruni said:

I’m shocked with Mariah’s streams estimated numbers, she’ll for sure get her 19th number one this year ?

I'm already curious what her reaction will be, will she acknowledge it at all...

56 minutes ago, EnoughSaid said:

Girl NO! You better order Atleast one

My total saved so far is $61.88

red and green cassette 

7 and 12” vinyls 

physical cd

and that 2 cd deluxe version

I’ll make a decision between December 11th-13th I’m sure @simmnfierzigand others predictions and the placement next week will help me determine 

i might just remove the deluxe cd but I can still get the other 4.

im assuming they’ll all count separately unlike that dumb rule with soundscan...otherwise I’ll split purchases. 

I want to be apart of this historic moment one way or another 

4 hours ago, St. Charles said:

It didn't.

1. A clear copycat of Uptown Funk with nowhere near as good of a follow-up stats wise.

2. Overhyped release, music video, desperate nostalgia which only barely managed to push its performance above mediocre.

3. Overshadowed by the more promising hits of the era. 

4. One of the worst songs of the millennium. I cannot stand people who like this song and want to run them over.

5. The lack of growth as an artist. He regressed from making more original music with hints of throwback genres to just flat out copying some of the most obnoxious trends of the last century. Hack.

Or....you could just say you didn't like the track. 

1 hour ago, slw84 said:

My total saved so far is $61.88

red and green cassette 

7 and 12” vinyls 

physical cd

and that 2 cd deluxe version

I’ll make a decision between December 11th-13th I’m sure @simmnfierzigand others predictions and the placement next week will help me determine 

i might just remove the deluxe cd but I can still get the other 4.

im assuming they’ll all count separately unlike that dumb rule with soundscan...otherwise I’ll split purchases. 

I want to be apart of this historic moment one way or another 

Oh girl you're better than me. I only pre ordered the 12' vinyl single, the rest can go

1 hour ago, EnoughSaid said:

Oh girl you're better than me. I only pre ordered the 12' vinyl single, the rest can go

Lol...seeing mariah jump back in the top 10 albums charts I wonder if she can achieve a #1 xmas song and album.

i might have to get the deluxe version if it’s within reach

• ATRL Moderator

i'm shocked that lizzo isn't pushing to get the GAH #1 with a video and promo 

Early Predictions:

1    Circles    281
2    Heartless    258
3    All I Want For Christmas Is You    246
4    Someone You Loved     242
5    Roxanne    238
6    Memories    234
7    Good As Hell    231
8    Lose You To Love Me    216
9    10000 Hours    206
10    Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree    196
11    Dance Monkey    193
12    Blinding Lights    191
13    Señorita    189
14    BOP    188
15    Panini    179

3 hours ago, AbeHicks said:

I'm already curious what her reaction will be, will she acknowledge it at all...

Same, i cant wait for the video or tweet about it