IDWLF surpasses Work on Spotify

peterstyles13

6 hours ago, istan4badgalriri said:

Why would official remixes of a song not count towards the total streams of the original song when even the RIAA counts them towards the certification of said song ? :rip: 

The Work remixes EP has 80 million streams, we’re not going to ignore it. Neither does the RIAA.

“Multiple versions of digital tracks can be combined for the purposes of certification under the following guidelines:
 tracks defined as ‘radio mix’ or ‘album version’
 edited and explicit versions
remixes, provided they are not more than 90 seconds longer than the original version

https://www.riaa.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/DIGITAL-SINGLE-AWARD-RIAA-AND-GRF-CERTIFICATION-AUDIT-REQUIREMENTS.pdf

This is about WW stats though. Nobody cares about the RIAA.

OT: The superior song getting more streams :clap3:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JawBreaker

• Taylor fanboy

• peterstyles13

• Cryptique

1 hour ago, MissedTheTrain said:

And it wasn't on Spotify until 6 months after its release :jonny: 

For REAL??? Lmfao, it's crazy to think how this song became this big.. did it surpass LMLYD in Spotify yet?? LMLYD is definitely bigger overall tho..

Also @Badboidami by your logic, i like it is not a female song because it was a co-lead song :dies:

11 hours ago, JawBreaker said:

Since when does remixes count to the official songs streams??? 

No offense but to put into perspective, alternate versions, remixes can be counted for charts and RIAA. Why not for streams on an obscure music forum? @istan4badgalriri

5 hours ago, MissedTheTrain said:

And it wasn't on Spotify until 6 months after its release :jonny: 

????

I don't think so sis unless you have receipts.

14 hours ago, JawBreaker said:

but they're artists with 10s of these

Hailee Steinfeld teas

Congratulations. :clap3:

Both are a collaboration of a female and a male artist, no need to be shady to each other. :deadbanana4:

16 hours ago, Mark Rih said:

Strange because the song feels forgotten af while Work is kinda iconic but congrats :clap3:

this lol

maybe cause taylor has released two albums since which has given it extra exposure

3 hours ago, Taylor fanboy said:

????

I don't think so sis unless you have receipts.

Yeah he's wrong. IDWLF was put on spotify immediately on Zayn's page,  but this was the era where Taylor's discography wasn't available on spotify except a couple features.

9 hours ago, Cryptique said:

So?? The thread is not about female solo  only.. and Gaga is also a lead in SHALLOW not a feat

Funny how rihanna stans are coming for collab songs tho :dies: 

Collab songs? 27/31 Rihanna top 10 hits are either her being the lead/singing basically entire song. Get your facts straight. Don't worry, we have stats to back it up.

Oh and yeah, Work has remix EP which excels Rih's lead by about 80M. :)

Edited by Badboidami

3 hours ago, Taylor fanboy said:

No offense but to put into perspective, alternate versions, remixes can be counted for charts and RIAA. Why not for streams on an obscure music forum? @istan4badgalriri

I have already discussed this with that user. Like I said if you want to add remixes and alternate versions go ahead no one is stopping you. But clearly most of us still use the original songs streams when making these "achievements charts" :cm: 

24 minutes ago, Badboidami said:

Collab songs? 27/31 Rihanna top 10 hits are either her being the lead/singing basically entire song. Get your facts straight. Don't worry, we have stats to back it up.

Oh and yeah, Work has remix EP which excels Rih's lead by about 80M. :)

And?? SHALLOW is basically 70% Gaga :dies:

Again, with that logic "i like it" is not considered as female song :dies:

46 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

what are the daily streams for both

Spotify

Work - ~200k

IDWLF - ~400k

Youtube

Work - ~100k

IDWLF - ~120k

26 minutes ago, Cryptique said:

And?? SHALLOW is basically 70% Gaga :dies:

Again, with that logic "i like it" is not considered as female song :dies:

Spotify

Work - ~200k

IDWLF - ~400k

Youtube

Work - ~100k

IDWLF - ~120k

Oh Shallord will easily surpass both then, thanks!

16 hours ago, JawBreaker said:

wbk already sis how can we forget about the good sis @TtaraHae and the other swifties ending them in this ICONIC thread :jonny6:

:bibliahh: that thread holy 

OT: a song :jonny:

On 9/16/2019 at 1:36 PM, Fruity said:

It shows that Taylor just released an album and her old material got a boost luv.

IDWLF is probably one of the most irrelevant top 3 songs this decade :skull: 

I will admit it is impressive that it reached 900M though, seems kinda random but maybe Taylor isn't streaming poison after all!

2. Wild Toughts 

1. Work

On 9/16/2019 at 1:59 PM, Mark Rih said:

It's no shade, really. IDWLF stats are truly impressive but the song feels forgotten, idk, if I wasn't a charts follower I would think the song was a moderate hit. Work instead is memorable, it was everywhere, the chorus is well known, you still hear the song in clubs etc etc. But hey, just my point of view :)

:clap3:

The bigger smash hit won. 

On 9/16/2019 at 1:35 PM, Rider said:

Just because a song surpassed another?

Work still probably has around 900m streams?

Use your damn logic sis

5Oam7wH.jpg

The fact that Work was surpassed by a song that didn't even go #1 and is far from being one of Taylor's most remembered classic shows that Work's recurrent stats are terrible, thus it's forgotten. Use your damn logic sis.

Edited by G.U.Y_del_Rey

Thank u, next coming for both of them in a few days.

On 9/17/2019 at 2:59 AM, Mark Rih said:

It's no shade, really. IDWLF stats are truly impressive but the song feels forgotten, idk, if I wasn't a charts follower I would think the song was a moderate hit. Work instead is memorable, it was everywhere, the chorus is well known, you still hear the song in clubs etc etc. But hey, just my point of view :)

I don’t hear Work on the radio literally.

Must be local and forgotten :smiley:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.