Lizzo 5th black woman to have #1 single this decade

Fitzswiftie

14 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

I don’t consider Mariah black either, just mixed. 

And in what world does Sade have the same skin tone as Halsey? :lmao: You can clearly see her black ancestry, Halsey looks completely white.

So Wentworth Miller and Pete Wentz are black men then? :eek: 

Let’s just ignore the fact that they benefit from white privilege and wouldn’t be racially profiled and killed by cops like actual black people. You’re so right, 75%+ white Halsey, Wentworth Miller and Pete Wentz are all black people. Wow! :eek: 

Rihanna can be considered white too since she’s 25% white remember? Wow! :eek: 

Her father is not “literally black” hun, he’s half white himself and that’s why she looks completely white.

No one is failing to acknowledge her biracial/mixed status, I’m failing to acknowledge her nonexistent black status because she is NOT and never will be black.

So...if Mariah is mixed how the **** is Halsey not mixed? Who the hell made you the black police. As a black person you are offensive as ****.

Edited by FreeXone

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FreeXone

• Fitzswiftie

• CaptainMusic

• Cap10Planet

The reason it matters so much is the history of it all!!! You act like the one drop rule never existed. If white people would have found out Hasley had one drop years ago she would be ostarciszed and thrown out and lynched just like any black person. People act like light. Her ancestry is still tied to the black struggle in America so in AMERICA she should count if she is willing to admit her ethnic background. You act like she got the damn hit by saying she was a Nubian queen. Not the case. But in the grand scheme she would have still been tied to the struggle decades ago had it been exposed she came from a "negro" mixed father.

12 minutes ago, Selena’s Bad Liar said:

mariah going to be the sixth this year with AIWFCIY

Mariah doesn't count!!!! She's mixed!!! :isudumblmao:

Accurate, but Halsey would be the 4th, not Cardi :fan:

3 minutes ago, FreeXone said:

So...if Mariah is mixed how the **** is Halsey not mixed? Who the hell made you the black police. As a black person you are offensive as ****.

I never said Halsey isn’t mixed, I said she’s not black.

Being a quarter black=/=being black

And no one made me the “black police” I just have 2 eyes and can see when someone doesn’t look black

10 minutes ago, FreeXone said:

The reason it matters so much is the history of it all!!! You act like the one drop rule never existed. If white people would have found out Hasley had one drop years ago she would be ostarciszed and thrown out and lynched just like any black person. People act like light. Her ancestry is still tied to the black struggle in America so in AMERICA she should count if she is willing to admit her ethnic background. You act like she got the damn hit by saying she was a Nubian queen. Not the case. But in the grand scheme she would have still been tied to the struggle decades ago had it been exposed she came from a "negro" mixed father.

It’s 2019 :rip: It doesn’t matter how Halsey would’ve been treated 50 years ago, that was then and this is now.

The fact that you and other Americans don’t see the problem in still following the racist one drop rule dumb white people created to make black people seem inferior is beyond me. 

Cardi B is Afro-Latina which means she’s black

all of you throwing percentages around like you know a persons genealogy is ignorant 

2 hours ago, CaptainMusic said:

It’s 2019 :rip: It doesn’t matter how Halsey would’ve been treated 50 years ago, that was then and this is now.

The fact that you and other Americans don’t see the problem in still following the racist one drop rule dumb white people created to make black people seem inferior is beyond me. 

The point is she is tied to the history and has the genetic background. Based on you every damn African American is mixed then of that's the damn case.  So how many drops you need to be black and how many drops you need to be white? You are adding nothing but more fuel to the fire.

Her father is noticeably black. That counts to me. 

Edited by FreeXone

6 hours ago, CaptainMusic said:

And no one made me the “black police” I just have 2 eyes and can see when someone doesn’t look black

I know this a few hours later but thank you for having some actual sense. It's so odd how people gloss over the fact that we define race by one's outward appearance. It's always been that way. We're not looking at her fathers parents to dictate whether or not her father is black, we can tell just by looking at him :skull: It was always so weird to me that people claimed Mariah was black or claim that "she has black features" :priceless: 

7 hours ago, CaptainMusic said:

In one post, you are arguing "looking black" and in another post you are arguing percentage.

Contrary to what you are arguing here, there are plenty of people who look as white as Halsey (who doesn't look "fully" white, IMO), but has a larger black makeup than she does.  Do you not consider those who look like Halsey but actually has 50% (or roughly) black heritage... black?

I don't think either arguments are as simple and open and shut as y'all are trying to make it out to be.  If Halsey identifies black or relates to her black heritage more, then that is her choice. And stop with this "US vs. the world" thing.  It's only dumb to you because you cannot relate. The US is actually the most diverse place in the world, so race is always a complex discussion here.

On 9/4/2019 at 9:07 PM, Symmetra said:

Cause your raggedy ass faves love being black when it’s time to use the culture, but seem to disappear when black issue are brought to their attention. Any more questions sis?

And having a great great great aunt who was 1/8th black doesn’t mean you black.

It just makes you 1/64th black

I wonder how long the list would be for #1s by white men this decade

ATRL is so ****ing stupid when it comes to "deciding" who is black and who is not. 

1 minute ago, Insanity said:

I wonder how long the list would be for #1s by white men this decade

Eminem

The Cataracs (2 white guys)

Afrojack

LMFAO 

Maroon 5 (minus PJ) (4 white guys)

Calvin Harris

Fun. (3 white guys)

Gotye

Macklemore 

Ryan Lewis

Nate Ruess (solo)

Bauer

Robin Thicke

Magic (4 white guys)

Mark Ronson

Charlie Puth

Justin Bieber

Justin Timberlake

The Chainsmokers (2 white guys)

Ed Sheeran 

Post Malone

Jonas Brothers (3 white guys)

Bradley Cooper 

Billy Ray Cyrus

Shawn Mendes

22 hours ago, FreeXone said:

So should Mariah or Sade lose all theirbachievements as a black women just because they are mixed and  have same skin tone as Hasley lmao. Y'all love to pick and ****ing choose.

Mariah’s skin is not white like Halseys, it’s not picking or choosing it’s the fact that Halsey does not experience the same treatment as Other black women who are clearly black. Until then you can shut the **** up! 

4 hours ago, cherrygoddess said:

Mariah’s skin is not white like Halseys, it’s not picking or choosing it’s the fact that Halsey does not experience the same treatment as Other black women who are clearly black. Until then you can shut the **** up! 

She's black. Her black father proves it. Shut up loser 

• 1 month later...
On 9/4/2019 at 1:36 AM, Stevie said:

This is really sad, actually.

!!!

This is unacceptable.

and the fact that two of the five are basically because they were featured on WHITE MALE songs....  yikes.

On 9/5/2019 at 1:00 PM, Divine said:

Halsey is a black woman, she has significant African heritage (25% is a lot more than "one drop") and she identifies as a black woman, it's that simple

I wish she would

so she can be dragged and canceled

On 9/6/2019 at 4:55 PM, cherrygoddess said:

I mean... :rip: their skin is fairly comparable.

2017-11-02-GettyImages-869091172.jpg-1?m

GettyImages-1147442368.jpg

On 9/4/2019 at 6:26 AM, Century said:

This is a really sad statistic that says a lot about us as a society :deadbanana4:

Literally, every one uses black genres and styles but rarely do black artists get a fraction of the same success.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.