HDD: Lover 885K final

iHype.

1 hour ago, Sexy Boy said:

True but Adele can actually demolish that number :jonny5:

So she's second behind Adele, what does that say about everyone else :jonny5: 

10 minutes ago, Mons†erMuscle™ said:

Her stans are going to make excuses. It's what stans do. A decline is a decline.

The facts will speak for themselves when Adele comes along and OBLITERATES all these opening week numbers and pop radio chart positions and spotify records. *hums 'old town road' though I've never listened to it once*  :foxaylove3:

Thanks for the insight Beyonce stan :jonny5:

Edited by mcohen

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bbbrndn

• iHype.

• slw84

• Cloröx

17 minutes ago, Mons†erMuscle™ said:

Her stans are going to make excuses. It's what stans do. A decline is a decline.

The facts will speak for themselves when Adele comes along and OBLITERATES all these opening week numbers and pop radio chart positions and spotify records. *hums 'old town road' though I've never listened to it once*  :foxaylove3:

This is just such poor, strange logic. Adjusting for the rate of decline for the industry, she actually gained in relative performance.

Using Adele as an example though - when she’s likely going to dwarf every single musical artist out there, and Taylor is the only one who can hold a candle to her right now? That’s just messy.

I guess this level of sustained, consistent power and success really brings out the emotions in some.

10 minutes ago, mcohen said:

So she's second behind Adele, what does that say about everyone else :jonny5: 

Thanks for the insight Beyonce stan :jonny5:

You're welcome sweetie!

Y'know, I only wish Beyoncé would finish bleaching her skin and start releasing album after album after album of songs that could easily make the cut word-for-word on any kidz bop or soccer mom bop or grandma bop album.  Maybe then she'd sell allot too (that's how females win AOTY Grammys I hear).  Maybe Bey could ask Kanye to storm the stage during one of her acceptance speeches to garner some sympathy/just-to-spite-kanye votes?  Cuz melanin and “Driver roll up the partition please. I don't need you seeing 'Yoncé on her knees” ain’t gonna get the job done, Bey!

11 minutes ago, Mons†erMuscle™ said:

You're welcome sweetie!

Y'know, I only wish Beyoncé would finish bleaching her skin and start releasing album after album after album of songs that could easily make the cut word-for-word on any kidz bop or soccer mom bop or grandma bop album.  Maybe then she'd sell allot too (that's how females win AOTY Grammys I hear).  Maybe Bey could ask Kanye to storm the stage during one of her acceptance speeches to garner some sympathy/just-to-spite-kanye votes?  Cuz melanin and “Driver roll up the partition please. I don't need you seeing 'Yoncé on her knees” ain’t gonna get the job done, Bey!

It's funny how you keep using Beyoncé to drag Taylor just so that Taylor's nation drags Beyoncé in return and not your real fave, monster.

Beyoncé has nothing to do with this thread, you're off topic.

-------

OT : Those sales are amazing. It makes no sense to imply that this is bad considering the sales climate.

2 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

opening sales of most recent albums for select artists in the last 4 years

eminem 252k

billie 170k

gaga 170k

drake 160k

post malone 153k

shawn mendes 142k

rihanna 124k

ariana 116k

cardi 103k

pink 95k

ed 70k

beyonce 485k

Fixed Bey and Gaga's pure sales debut numbers. We're talking about solo studio albums here. :fan:

49 minutes ago, Mons†erMuscle™ said:

You're welcome sweetie!

What an embarrassing post :doc:

23 minutes ago, QueenBLadyG said:

Fixed Bey and Gaga's pure sales debut numbers. We're talking about solo studio albums here. :fan:

:dies: no, it doesn't need fixing

3 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

opening sales of most recent albums for select artists in the last 4 years

eminem 252k

billie 170k

gaga 162k

drake 160k

post malone 153k

shawn mendes 142k

rihanna 124k

ariana 116k

cardi 103k

pink 95k

ed 70k

beyonce 11k

When you put it like that :cm:

Incredibly HUGE! :clap3:

1 hour ago, argos said:

:dies: no, it doesn't need fixing

ASIB and TLK:TG aren't their studio albums no matter how bad you weirdos want it to fit your narrative. The figures I updated with are their actual last album debut pure sales. Take it or leave it. I could care less. :cm:

15 hours ago, Nova_23 said:

Sales are down 30% since 2017. 30% off Reputation is 861K or so (and that’s not included the fact that sales are usually stronger in Q4 too) Seems like she exceeded that so all the people running in here calling her a flop and saying her album is a non-event: :clown:

! 

For as much as I had thought she alienated the GP from rep to those atrocious lead singles off Lover, these numbers are amazing! She has pretty much sustained and stabilized her fan base. These are incredible numbers and I’m happy she is still succeeding, even if I don’t find her music has matured this go round. I think this album will have a better stretch because there are much more lighthearted and listenable tracks on this album. Don’t forget, there’s still Cats!

For all you guys saying Adele, Im sure her drop will be more severe, but unless something catastrophic happens she should still open above Taylor

These non Adele stans using her to belittle Taylor when their own fave can’t hold up against either of the two are embarrassing. 

They more sure than us her stans that she’ll do idk what million numbers. 

You literally can not know... things have changed so much 

Haters having to name ADELE - who sells like no one else - to prove a point only shows what a force Taylor still is. Great numbers.

On 8/31/2019 at 1:36 AM, bbbrndn said:

“Can people stop to ask this stupid question every 10 minutes? These are the FINAL numbers as HDD s aid.all the numbers are included.these are the numbers.it will not get higher.End of story”

Wheres the maybe here here?

So?? Poor taylor.always HDD makes higher numbers for her but billboard knows that she didn't sell that much..https://atrl.net/forums/topic/254049-b200-taylor-swift-1-867k/. -I love when I 'm being right:fan:-

Edited by sakisfan16

21 hours ago, QueenBLadyG said:

ASIB and TLK:TG aren't their studio albums no matter how bad you weirdos want it to fit your narrative. The figures I updated with are their actual last album debut pure sales. Take it or leave it. I could care less. :cm:

Monsters claim ASIB as Gaga’s album so I think you’re wrong. 

On 8/31/2019 at 3:18 PM, thedastardly said:

Indeed. Also her last album did 1.2m first week and has just barely crossed 3x plat 2 years later. But hey, at least the payola got it to do great first week and she may be able to rustle up another stadium tour, and that's enough for bragging rights. 

Reputation released: 11/10/2017

Reputation last cert: 12/11/2017 — 3X Platinum

1 hour ago, Plastic said:

Monsters claim ASIB as Gaga’s album so I think you’re wrong. 

They can "claim" it all they want, and we all know why they would want to -  It's not her studio album and never will be. So, no, I'm not wrong. :skull:

Edited by QueenBLadyG

33 minutes ago, QueenBLadyG said:

They can "claim" it all they want, and we all know why they would want to -  It's not her studio album and never will be. So, no, I'm not wrong. :skull:

No I totally agree with you, no worries. Just thought I'd point out how everyone has their own perspective.

These numbers are fantastic some of ya'll need to troll elsewhere :rip: with that being said, she probably could have opened with 1M had the album rollout been much smoother with better single choices, and it's unfortunate that everything seems a biT messy this era under this new label compared to how eventful Big Machine made her previous albums. 

On 9/1/2019 at 6:36 AM, QueenBLadyG said:

The post says "Most Recent Albums"

Pretty sure TLK:TG is still Bey's album

11k :fan:

1 hour ago, Cryptique said:

The post says "Most Recent Albums"

Pretty sure TLK:TG is still Bey's album

11k :fan:

You're either plain stupid or trying too hard. :skull:

3 hours ago, QueenBLadyG said:

You're either plain stupid or trying too hard. :skull:

So TLK:TG is not Bey's most recent album???? :skull:

The DENIAL :bibliahh:

Are people really saying she flopped because she didn't do 1 million?

Do you even realize what kind of numbers are doing on their first week?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.