• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headlock

• NMiguelCosta

• bbbrndn

• By the Water

Top Posters In This Topic

The first prediction for 1989 (also, before the release) was 650k and she did above 1M.

This is just what they expect realistically. The actual prediction comes this weekend through HDD, after one day of sales.

But honestly anything above 500k on this sales climate is beyond amazing so obviously she won whether she does 1M or not.

13 minutes ago, 19SLAYty9 said:

who said that?

Nobody did, that user is desperately trying to troll :zzz:

Edited by Headlock

11 minutes ago, Divine said:

This looks like a decline!

Aw is somebody angwy that the clown came back to bite their faves Scooter and Scott :eddie:

A flop, Ariana ended ha!

:gaycat1: 

A massive flop! She's over now I guess :sistrens:

OmQ3hfN.gif

52 minutes ago, bbbrndn said:

Billboard had 1989 at 800-900k at first :rip: 

I think the first prediction was like 650k... Tay will come through. 

21 minutes ago, Divine said:

This looks like a decline!

awww! the poor little baby is upset! take a nap! did someone make a stinky? maybe mommy n daddy will change ur diaper .

Unless your fave is Adele or Drake, you literally can’t “drag” Taylor because no matter what she sells, she’s still outselling your lil faves multiples times over. :)

OT: I still think they’re underestimating a bit, but these are realistic expectations. 

It’s good numbers...but when they say it’s half of reputation...that’s a bit tragic. 

But what do I know. Gaga fell from 1,000,000/600k to 200k :dies:

She will do way more than 750,000.  And why? Because normal sales have actually not begin yet, and Billboard's model is probably based off the 'average' model of most musicians.  But, afterall, we are not talking about average musicians. T Swift, remember, has a high-loyalty fan-base that Billboard's model does not factor in!

Billboard predicted that 1989 would do 650,000 prior to the opening week

I believe Reputation has the same sort of projections, only to go up continually throughout the week!

They said Reputation tour would be a flop, however, each and every show sold out!

And why? It is because Billboard might be basing their figures on the 'ordinary' model and not figured in 'loyalty'!  Mark my word! The projections will go up as the week progesses! 

She's gonna outdo predictions as usual. I'd say she's gonna do more than 800k.

The fact some people here are thinking this is a decline :skull: like we were living in 2010 when albums easily crossed that mark. Bitterness jumped out

I really couldn’t care less about sales this time, she already won by releasing such a quality album :clap3:

Edited by enchanted0

This is an underperformance for her standards.

People seem to forget that this is the first era that she’s fully embracing the streaming era. She’ll lost the digital sales edge in which she gained like almost 500k during reputation and we all know she’s not that huge of a streaming force. Even Drake, the biggest artist of the streaming era only opened with 700k+, because it’s so hard to do a mili rn in the streaming era. But prove us wrong, Ms. Tay! Do it! 

31 minutes ago, 1989 said:

Unless your fave is Adele or Drake, you literally can’t “drag” Taylor because no matter what she sells, she’s still outselling your lil faves multiples times over. :)

Luckily for Me, I came with positive gestures :heart2:     

Its pretty obvious she can't sell 1m album without hits. 750k still impressive :thing:

They are lowballing it like they do with all of their predictions. Ever since High At The Beach, they’ve been very conservative.

53 minutes ago, Headlock said:

Aw is somebody angwy that the clown came back to bite their faves Scooter and Scott :eddie:

I was about to say. That user has a very weird fondness for the SBs

Anyone thinking those numbers are even close to "tragic" in 2019 are ****ing clowns. :bibliahh:I don't check numbers that much lately but I wouldn't be suprised if she outsells almost every album released this year in one week or two.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.