Billboard: Lover 600-750K prediction

Hector

Just now, NMiguelCosta said:

OMG THE DECLINE

SHE'S TRULY OVER!!!

TIME TO GO BACK BEING A REPUBLICAN

:bibliahh::bibliahh: :bibliahh:

Are you joking? I don’t even really like Ms Swift but there’s nobody else at all that can even get close to those numbers 

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headlock

• NMiguelCosta

• bbbrndn

• By the Water

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Mandalore said:

Maybe if Cruel Summer was the lead single she would open with 1 million again

179942179_67241668_2340293826091517_304946162309576496_n.jpg_nc_htinstagram.fhhr1-1_fna.fbcdn.thumb_net.02afa4d492b1388f1efd7cf875017e46

Cruel summer is boring! :tsk:

it's (L)OVER!

5 minutes ago, bbbrndn said:

Billboard had 1989 at 800-900k at first :rip: 

Yes, they did. But five years ago sales were not as bad as they are now. It's all about streaming now and depending on how she does on that department, her sales might go up but not up to 1 million like some are dreaming. No one would be able to pull those numbers again and if she does, great. :duca: 

How much will Taylor Swift's 1989 sell in its first week? It's still too early to know if it could hit the milestone million-sold mark, but its forecast is rising notably.

At present, industry sources are forecasting that 1989 (due Oct. 27 on Big Machine Records) could sell between 800,000 and 900,000 copies in its first week (ending Nov. 2). That would easily tally the single largest sales week for any album since March of 2013, when Justin Timberlake's The 20/20 Experience debuted with 968,000 sold in its first week, according to Nielsen SoundScan. (1989 would then also likely debut at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart, giving Swift her fourth chart-topper.)

1989's current sales outlook is an upgrade from the 750,000 mark that prognosticators estimated a week ago (as reported in the Oct. 25 issue of Billboard magazine).

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/6296377/taylor-swifts-1989-sales-forecast-grows

:lmao: 

10 minutes ago, Hector said:

shipments exceeding 600,000 copies

Is this supposed to be good? We need more copies

7 minutes ago, wesleywalrus said:

50% decline :eek:

MUCH better than the 75% drop from Born This Way to ARTPOP, isn't it?

It will probably go up tbh. Never underestimate us Swifties, and Taylor is releasing several different editions to Target.

I feel like they’re underestimating a bit but I guess we’ll see, predictions are somewhat useless now, esp with big numbers like this. Saturday would be a good indicator so it’s best to wait for that

7 minutes ago, Mandalore said:

Maybe if Cruel Summer was the lead single she would open with 1 million again

179942179_67241668_2340293826091517_304946162309576496_n.jpg_nc_htinstagram.fhhr1-1_fna.fbcdn.thumb_net.02afa4d492b1388f1efd7cf875017e46

We love facts...,

179942179_67241668_2340293826091517_3049

Only 600,000 copies? We need more copies! I WANT ALL THE COPIES! I WILL BUY ALL THE COPIES!

So basically: They don't know anything 

"One of the things that I’ve learned is life is really unpredictable and people can make forecasts, and they can make predictions, but those predictions and forecasts may not come true if there’s an unforeseeable factor involved. And that unforeseeable factor is my fans" - Taylor Swift

Can't wait until the actual numbers start coming in - I feel like 750k is the minimum :fan:

Edited by mcohen

10 minutes ago, wesleywalrus said:

50% decline :eek:

MUCH better than the 75% drop from Born This Way to ARTPOP, isn't it?

Billboard's most likely underestimating her, and even if they aren't, 600K is amazing in the sales climate of Today. She keeps WINNING! :mandown:

Yeah, no.

A number this low is just completely unrealistic. But I understand wanting to be safe.

This is literally the same initial projection they gave 1989.

this is def realistic

I do really hope She can reach 1mil again but if She doesn't yall who are expecting it are gonna be so disappointed :rip: better to not get your hopes up and be pleasantly surprised instead

IMAGINE if she doesn't break 1M :rip: OMFG. :rip: 

6 minutes ago, NMiguelCosta said:

OMG THE DECLINE

SHE'S TRULY OVER!!!

TIME TO GO BACK BEING A REPUBLICAN

:bibliahh::bibliahh: :bibliahh:

OMG YES SHE IS OVER WITH 750K SHE WILL HAVE THE BIGGEST OPENING WEEK SINCE... UMMM... REPUTATION :fan:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.