HDD : Lover 200-250k digital + Similar physicals as rep

marsblyr

They're just multiplying rep's digital sales by the decline in digital sales since 2017 right? So it's basically just a baseline that's not taking into account how well received or hyped up Lover is compared to reputation.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blue G

• peterstyles13

• JawBreaker

• Popboi.

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, ordinarynam said:

It's called actually putting effort in making people wanting to buy the physicals again. And she has been doing this since 1989

It's one of my favorite things from her, she made a CD actually worth purchasing with all the extra content.

Then y'all wonder why y'all girls flop when it comes to selling. Just take a look at some KPOP groups, their physicals are literally a package full of goods, which make more people actually want to spend money on because they know they won't just be getting a boring CD with a 12 pages booklet

Not evrybody can do special package tho..

Unless you have a rabid fanbase that buys physicals, it's impractical to put effort in packaging,etc..

Methinks

• ATRL Moderator

Whew, I hope this is right :jonny: 

10 minutes ago, ordinarynam said:

It's called actually putting effort in making people wanting to buy the physicals again. And she has been doing this since 1989

It's one of my favorite things from her, she made a CD actually worth purchasing with all the extra content.

Then y'all wonder why y'all girls flop when it comes to selling. Just take a look at some KPOP groups, their physicals are literally a package full of goods, which make more people actually want to spend money on because they know they won't just be getting a boring CD with a 12 pages booklet

This :clap3: She's very smart cause putting effort in physicals is what keeps Jpop and Kpop doing good numbers while maximizing content for the fans. Western media is decades behind.

1 minute ago, Ialmostdo said:

Wasn't Reputation predicted to do 600-700k before it came out? We're winning.

No, reputation had 400k preorders. It was 1989 that was predicted those numbers.

22 minutes ago, MardinBeksloy said:

I thought it would do 200K and had a panic for a moment :jonny5:

my heart dropped 

The success jumped out, hopefully with promo it can make 1m sps. 

25 minutes ago, PrettyHurts said:

OVER 

The nerve :lmao:

She’ll surpass 1M first week, I’m sure of it 

Okay, but we need that fifth million opening to solidify Her legend status.

Swifties, you know what to do

11XNC4w.jpg

They didn’t reveal how many preorders? I remember back in 2017 they were saying how reputation broke the target preorder record or smth did something similar happen for Lover 

She better announce her engagement when she drops the Lover music video. The headlines will help during release week:jonny2:

4 minutes ago, JawBreaker said:

:bibliahh::bibliahh:

something like 15k SPS? Because it wasn't available on streaming services for 3 weeks

--

Great numbers tbh I'm still sticking with my 800k SPS prediction

Is she doing the same thing for Lover?

They just got that digital sales prediction by factoring the decline of digital sales during rep's release versus present. 200-250k digital sales is a LOT. If it will be available in all streaming services, I don't think she'll get this many digital sales.

peterstyles13
3 minutes ago, Feetree said:

They didn’t reveal how many preorders? I remember back in 2017 they were saying how reputation broke the target preorder record or smth did something similar happen for Lover 

Yeah but that didn't come from HDD, that came from her label at the time. 

• ATRL Moderator

Wait. The physical numbers are just a guess based on Reps, not on pre-orders? Why are y'all putting any stock in this?

22 minutes ago, Baby Judas said:

How much SPS did she get during the Reputation era? 

Not a lot, because she didn't make Reputation available for streaming in its first few weeks. The only SPS she got was from song sales, which amounted to 22,000 units.

2 minutes ago, peterstyles13 said:

Yeah but that didn't come from HDD, that came from her label at the time. 

US swifties better come through 

ECGPMbHVAAAKanP?format=jpg&name=medium

1 minute ago, Arthoe said:

Not a lot, because she didn't make Reputation available for streaming in its first few weeks. The only SPS she got was from song sales, which amounted to 22,000 units.

which only 4 tracks were available :ahh:

6 minutes ago, Baby Judas said:

Is she doing the same thing for Lover?

They just got that digital sales prediction by factoring the decline of digital sales during rep's release versus present. 200-250k digital sales is a LOT. If it will be available in all streaming services, I don't think she'll get this many digital sales.

It will be available on all platforms from day one.

snatching this much on DIGITAL sales in ****in 2019, omg The Lord's power amazes me 

:jonny6:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.